• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Donating blood.

Every 2 months. Im due now but w CoronaVirus my hospital isn't taking patients.

Not sure what will happen TBH.

I just gave blood a couple days ago. I did twice during my EQ run. When I get bloods done soon I’ll see if I need to again or I’ll just put it off for a bit

Every 6-8 weeks or whatever the amount of time you have to wait. My blood gets thick quick. I went a year without donating and ended up having to have my endo prescribe a therapeutic draw. I went every 2 weeks for 2 months to get my shit right.

I also didn’t know that they charge you for it. I got a bill for over $800 after it was all said and done.

Ive never donated blood and dont know any drawbacks could some of my brothers enlighten me please. Been doing this a long time and just never saw the point tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive never donated blood and dont know any drawbacks could some of my brothers enlighten me please. Been doing this a long time and just never saw the point tbh

saving lives is a good reason .... controlling BP and saving your life is another good reason. It’s been awhile for me tho, need to schedule another donation soon

good luck bro

Blood letting is an old practice and is super healthy tbh.

By donating blood, you lower your CBC (complete blood count) and you eliminate some RBC (red blood cells). When you use AAS, you increase your CBC and RBC and in many cases that can cause increases in BP or dangerous levels overall. By donating regularly you keep a healthier level. Specifically this is important to an AAS user. The normal everyday person, its not as necessary per say if this makes sense.

My problem is that the Red Cross in my area won't allow me to donate when my BP is high. I'm on BP meds(Metropol) and it keeps me in check but every other time I'm at the Red Cross, I spike high and they refuse me. I guess it's nerves. It sucks because then I'm banned for another 2 months. Those fuckers even refused me last week even though they are desperate for blood. Fuck them. I'm debating about learning to do it myself from my cousin who's a plasma tech.

My problem is that the Red Cross in my area won't allow me to donate when my BP is high. I'm on BP meds(Metropol) and it keeps me in check but every other time I'm at the Red Cross, I spike high and they refuse me. I guess it's nerves. It sucks because then I'm banned for another 2 months. Those fuckers even refused me last week even though they are desperate for blood. Fuck them. I'm debating about learning to do it myself from my cousin who's a plasma tech.
I would just ask your cousin to do it for you. Don’t wanna pass out and bleed out alone at home

IML Gear Cream!
Blood letting is an old practice and is super healthy tbh.

By donating blood, you lower your CBC (complete blood count) and you eliminate some RBC (red blood cells). When you use AAS, you increase your CBC and RBC and in many cases that can cause increases in BP or dangerous levels overall. By donating regularly you keep a healthier level. Specifically this is important to an AAS user. The normal everyday person, its not as necessary per say if this makes sense.

Yes definitely makes sense brother but my blood pressure stays around 120/78 on or off cycle. But im gonna do an experiment and start a thread when the time comes to show the difference if any for me going years using gear year round and never donating and then if there’s any noticeable difference/changes when i do it after a few times say 3-4. What ya think brother?

Yes definitely makes sense brother but my blood pressure stays around 120/78 on or off cycle. But im gonna do an experiment and start a thread when the time comes to show the difference if any for me going years using gear year round and never donating and then if there’s any noticeable difference/changes when i do it after a few times say 3-4. What ya think brother?

This is a great idea. I always wondered if the blood donating was broscience. I understand that PEDs can elevate red blood cells. That makes sense. I just can’t believe that the body doesn’t self-regulate.

I've learned the hard way on the benefits of being diligent with donating blood. I've had a total of six therapeutic phlebotomy sessions in the last six weeks, and am scheduled for a seventh this Friday. My last donation was 18 months ago and within that time I've ran two cycles, including Eq and tren. I have always known the benefits of donating, but I just didn't make time, so I have no one to blame but myself.
One positive that came from all this, is that I got to see how long it takes for HCT levels to fall back within range. I attached a screenshot of my last six. Kaiser only allows the last six results to be displayed, the seventh was at 61%
f263ab19c8c5bbc3da45f2a284463dbe.jpg

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

How long does it take to donate? I hate getting blood work done....

The questions and waiting take longer then the donation process itself. If you don’t have to wait and have an appointment it’s way better.

Donating varies per person. Mine could flow very fast 3-4min where as someone else could flow slower maybe 5-7 min.
It’s not that bad just dedicate 1hr out of your day.

Same here. 3-4 min of actual time donating. An hour total usually with waiting and registering etc. if you don’t like bloodwork they use a 16ga so it’s a bit bigger than regular bloodwork lol

I went to a new place this morning and was able to pre register online, brought the printout with me and they scanned the code,checked hemoglobin, got me cleaned up stuck and drained in 30 minutes.

Every 2 months or whatever the minimum. My blood gets real thick and iron is maxed out every time. I definitely feel better after.

What's the BP cutoff?

Get Shredded!
I've learned the hard way on the benefits of being diligent with donating blood. I've had a total of six therapeutic phlebotomy sessions in the last six weeks, and am scheduled for a seventh this Friday. My last donation was 18 months ago and within that time I've ran two cycles, including Eq and tren. I have always known the benefits of donating, but I just didn't make time, so I have no one to blame but myself.
One positive that came from all this, is that I got to see how long it takes for HCT levels to fall back within range. I attached a screenshot of my last six. Kaiser only allows the last six results to be displayed, the seventh was at 61%
f263ab19c8c5bbc3da45f2a284463dbe.jpg

WOW! 57.1%!!!!!!

How much blood was taken each time?

WOW! 57.1%!!!!!!

How much blood was taken each time?
They took one pint each time. It took over an hour the first time cuz my blood was like molasses apparently

I had no idea only one pint would lower it that much. Talk about a learning reference thread, thanks for posting! :winkfinger:

Oh, one question, wesley_swolle, was there any effect on blood pressure from 3/14/2020 to 4/22/2020?

Its a good idea to always stay hydrated. Your blood counts will be higher if you're dehydrated.

BP cutoff is 90 or higher for diastolic at least for the red Cross in shithole Wisconsin.

They took one pint each time. It took over an hour the first time cuz my blood was like molasses apparently

Hey you geezer! Don’t you take stuff to thin your blood? Omegas, EFAs, aspirin and shit keep mine pretty thin. My wife is always saying “Hey, you’re bleeding all over the place.” because I’ve bumped into something and didn’t know I cut myself. I used to do therapeutic blood draws myself but haven’t this time. I’m going for bloods at 10 weeks of Eq and will see if it’s even necessary.

Hey you geezer! Don’t you take stuff to thin your blood? Omegas, EFAs, aspirin and shit keep mine pretty thin. My wife is always saying “Hey, you’re bleeding all over the place.” because I’ve bumped into something and didn’t know I cut myself. I used to do therapeutic blood draws myself but haven’t this time. I’m going for bloods at 10 weeks of Eq and will see if it’s even necessary.
Post those up when you do it. How much EQ?

Oh, one question, wesley_swolle, was there any effect on blood pressure from 3/14/2020 to 4/22/2020?
Just went through my past medical records. On 03-18 my bp was 137/74. Not awful, but not great either. Yesterday my bp was 121/72. I haven't changed up anything diet or exercise related lately, so I'll assume the improvement is due to the blood dumping. What I have noticed though is I get less winded now. At one point, I was huffing and puffing just climbing up my staircase, but not anymore

A pint each week?! I'm surprised they agreed to a scheduled amount that aggressive. My docs always want to be super cautious (overly so).

Back