• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Anyone overcome depression.

Warlock

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Having depression sucks! It is a drag to complete tasks. I am afraid to mess with the anti depressants due to the possible sexual side effects and possible long term effects but fuck its been 3 years depressed.

everyone has a little depression right now with all this covid bullshit and the political fighting negative news feedback loop.

Having depression sucks! It is a drag to complete tasks. I am afraid to mess with the anti depressants due to the possible sexual side effects and possible long term effects but fuck its been 3 years depressed.

I’ve suffered with depression my whole life. I’ve tried drugs like Prozac, but I don’t like the side effects. Working out has always been my way of dealing with it.

I found i have to be obsessed with something at all times. Otherwise i go nuts, i try to keep it something somewhat productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exercise, Psychiatrist and 1,600mg SAMe (i take 800mg) expensive

Max

Bro I’ve been getting my ass kicked by depression since I was a kid. The ONLY reason I’m still here is everything mentioned above. Shit on the drugs all you want but the do work to an extent when combined with intensive therapy. IMO one doesn’t work with out the other if your depression is bad enough. By that I mean if it’s life threatening to you or others. If you have people in your life that you love and love you back you owe it to them to explore all avenues. Don’t complain unless your willing to fight back. Micro dosing of mushrooms also has been shown to offer a lot of promise in that area. Unfortunately the United States is still retarded in this stuff and condemn it like it’s Heroin. Do yourself a favor and get into see a good Doc and tell them everything about your depression and concerns. If they are worth anything they will help you get started in something. Your always welcome to PM as I do have a lot of experience in depression unfortunately. Good Luck

Depression is shit been suffering it for years now, Im on anti depressants and for the most part they work but I still get the black dog. The wife knows and supports me when shit gets bad. I would suggest forget the stigma on taking anti depressants and get some good psych help, a person what works for you it may take you a few psyches to get the right one.

Depression runs on my mother’s side.

My grandpa and my uncle both killed themselves. I don’t know if I have the gene or not but I guess I get sad sometime the same as everyone else. My moms and my dad lived entirely different lives growing up and got divorced when I was very young.

My moms father (who killed himself) was an attorney, and his family was really well off. His son (my uncle) had 4 kids and killed himself too. They’re my family and I love them but they’re a bunch of whiners.

My dads family is salt of the earth dairy farmers and coal miners. Nobody had time to be sad in their household.

I’ve always identified with my father’s side and never allowed my negative emotions to take a hold of me.

I know it’s not always as simple as that, but for me it was a matter of allowing yourself to be depressed or to realize that someone always has it worse than you. You either man up and improve your situation or you lay down and give up.

https://youtu.be/mhlCwSSYvKo
There's some good advice in this interview. About 4:40 in till after 8 minutes has some advice. If we can just tweek our perception and focus on something other than ourselves can go along was. I personally suffer at times. The last 7 weeks had been really difficult in my life. I switched my focus off my pain and started rebuilding myself thru meditation, affirmations with emotions it has been very helpful. Also try to surround yourself with positive, uplifting, caring people will have a massive impact. We are not alone in our journey of life. It's easy to think that but we aren't.

Staying busy surely helps... and Jesus absolutely saves.

perseverance; it’s what makes us human.

I had bouts of it here and there I suppose by after getting and staying on testosterone and watching my kids grow up I can’t say that I’ve been down in that hole for sometime now. But my neighbor goes through it bad, she said she’s had it her whole life. She’s from the Philippines and moved to the states when she was in her late 20’s. Never had kids, husbands dead, her mothers dead.... she got one sister left but doesn’t see her often. Sometimes she just cries all day for no reason. This corona lockdown shit made it worse. She takes one of them depression pills like Prozac I think but she’s losing her mental
sharpness and when she misses doses she says she hallucinates bad.

stay busy, don’t allow yourself to get lonely, stay away from booze, open your heart to God, and experiment with low dose psilocybin.... at low dose consistently over a long period of time (maybe a month at first and re-evaluate... remember you’re not trying to trip your balls off just rewire your brain.

Occasionally it’s super fun to trip out in the woods by yourself (or with friends/loved ones) ... if you like hiking in nature. Really clears your head. Go fishing or something. The key is to get out of your own head.

...focus on something other than ourselves....

^^^^^
This

If I didn't have a daughter to raise, I would have packed it in a long time ago. I even researched the best ways to do it and picked my favorite. All my friends are dead and I'm not interested in finding new ones. Don't have any family left. Wife and I don't talk anymore. Can't imagine I'll be around long after my daughter's grown, gone, and on her own. Looking forward to it actually.

I have fought depression for years and as a young man I turned to weed and booze to chase those dark demons away as I didn't want to alarm my family about my mental issues. Nowadays I avoid anything that can trigger depression such as stress and even been eating an organic diet. So far I've not fallen back into that deep pit of depression.

Even tried those anti-d's but those made me funkier instead.

Last edited:
Bro I completely understand where your coming from but be careful when referring to people battling depression as whiners. That could be the difference of someone depressed pulling the trigger or not.

Being Sad is not depression and I don’t care how tough a person is or grew up if they are suffering from real depression they just can’t make it go away cause they don’t have time for it. Sorry it just doesn’t work that way.

I don’t consider myself a big pussy too often and when I get into a “funk” it literally can and will put me on my ass for weeks at a time. Sometimes Months if left untreated. Doesn’t matter what I have to do in life, how it’s gonna effect my loved ones, etc. etc. There’s no willing it to go away. Nobody will ever beat depression. The trick is to limit those “funks”. The bottom line is that mental health is real and there’s no cure all for it. Best your gonna do is find a way to deal with it. Just my humble opinion though.

Depression runs on my mother’s side.

My grandpa and my uncle both killed themselves. I don’t know if I have the gene or not but I guess I get sad sometime the same as everyone else. My moms and my dad lived entirely different lives growing up and got divorced when I was very young.

My moms father (who killed himself) was an attorney, and his family was really well off. His son (my uncle) had 4 kids and killed himself too. They’re my family and I love them but they’re a bunch of whiners.

My dads family is salt of the earth dairy farmers and coal miners. Nobody had time to be sad in their household.

I’ve always identified with my father’s side and never allowed my negative emotions to take a hold of me.

I know it’s not always as simple as that, but for me it was a matter of allowing yourself to be depressed or to realize that someone always has it worse than you. You either man up and improve your situation or you lay down and give up.

Bro I completely understand where your coming from but be careful when referring to people battling depression as whiners. That could be the difference of someone depressed pulling the trigger or not.

Being Sad is not depression and I don’t care how tough a person is or grew up if they are suffering from real depression they just can’t make it go away cause they don’t have time for it. Sorry it just doesn’t work that way.

I don’t consider myself a big pussy too often and when I get into a “funk” it literally can and will put me on my ass for weeks at a time. Sometimes Months if left untreated. Doesn’t matter what I have to do in life, how it’s gonna effect my loved ones, etc. etc. There’s no willing it to go away. Nobody will ever beat depression. The trick is to limit those “funks”. The bottom line is that mental health is real and there’s no cure all for it. Best your gonna do is find a way to deal with it. Just my humble opinion though.

I feel yah dude but I’ve seen too many people in a funk relegating themselves into a dark place by relinquishing control over their own thoughts. My grandpa and my uncle were truly afflicted individuals but the rest of the family is just a bunch of fuckin babies.

I get a little aggressive over it because they tried to paint me with that brush when I was a youngster. My dad was hard nosed as fuck and my mom was always trying to turn me into a little pussy. It was very confusing as a kid. At the end of the day I realized that I do not have my grandpas manic depressive issues and I moved on with my life. The military really helped put things into perspective for me.

People will have a bad run or stop taking care of themselves and instead of trying pull themselves up they just bawl around and take meds when all they need to do is get their shit together. That’s not to take away from people that have legitimate issues but I feel like the vast majority of people who claim depression are just pussies who’ve never really suffered.

Little rich kids who are upset because the whole world doesn’t lie at their feet like their parents told them it would. The antifa/tranny crew if you know what I mean...

Ok bro.

I feel yah dude but I’ve seen too many people in a funk relegating themselves into a dark place by relinquishing control over their own thoughts. My grandpa and my uncle were truly afflicted individuals but the rest of the family is just a bunch of fuckin babies.

I get a little aggressive over it because they tried to paint me with that brush when I was a youngster. My dad was hard nosed as fuck and my mom was always trying to turn me into a little pussy. It was very confusing as a kid. At the end of the day I realized that I do not have my grandpas manic depressive issues and I moved on with my life. The military really helped put things into perspective for me.

People will have a bad run or stop taking care of themselves and instead of trying pull themselves up they just bawl around and take meds when all they need to do is get their shit together. That’s not to take away from people that have legitimate issues but I feel like the vast majority of people who claim depression are just pussies who’ve never really suffered.

Little rich kids who are upset because the whole world doesn’t lie at their feet like their parents told them it would. The antifa/tranny crew if you know what I mean...

Hey man I’m not trying to be disrespectful towards you at all or anybody else. Shit always comes off wrong when people are typing instead of looking at each other eye to eye having a conversation.

All I’m trying to say is that people conflate sadness with depression these days and a lot of people surrender control over their emotions. Docs capitalize because they want to sell pills and bill hours to insurance plans.

I know first hand that clinical depression is a real thing but I feel like it’s just over-diagnosed these days.

All good bro. I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said really. I just thought we were going down two different roads and both points had been made.

Hey man I’m not trying to be disrespectful towards you at all or anybody else. Shit always comes off wrong when people are typing instead of looking at each other eye to eye having a conversation.

All I’m trying to say is that people conflate sadness with depression these days and a lot of people surrender control over their emotions. Docs capitalize because they want to sell pills and bill hours to insurance plans.

I know first hand that clinical depression is a real thing but I feel like it’s just over-diagnosed these days.

Depression is no fucking joke anyhow...yet people manage to cope with it via various means including drugs.

what brand sam-e do you like? i was going to give it a try.

Doctors Best on Amazon. I usually get a Pack of of two but, I checked and it isn’t on sale. Nature’s Made is good too! (Expensive() but not nature’s Trove(they suck you in for the cheap price)

Max

I’ve suffered with depression my whole life. I’ve tried drugs like Prozac, but I don’t like the side effects. Working out has always been my way of dealing with it.

I have three people I know that tried the same drug and said the same thing.

The end of every night I have 2 fun sized bars of crunch chocolate.. Seems to do the trick for my head. Not my tits tho
148bb7fcf5b82fc06b91258c27bb66d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I have dealt with manic depression and social anxiety for years ... have all the prescriptions prescribed including the heavy benzos and psychotropics and while they do work, they'll turn you into an emotionless zombie with little cognitive function. Honestly, white Kratom has been one of the best, but there is a fine line between too much with the physical dependencies and getting no sides. Other nootropics / supps (L-Theanine + Caffeine), microdosing Delta-8 THC, and I've found Modafinil to work really well. I'm now interested in SAM-E, thanks for sharing this!

Its an off-label use of moda for depression, but I can attest that it actually works. I actually just started this not too long ago and can say it makes me very talkative and gives energy (where depression sucks away our energy).

I have dealt with manic depression and social anxiety for years ... have all the prescriptions prescribed including the heavy benzos and psychotropics and while they do work, they'll turn you into an emotionless zombie with little cognitive function. Honestly, white Kratom has been one of the best, but there is a fine line between too much with the physical dependencies and getting no sides. Other nootropics / supps (L-Theanine + Caffeine), microdosing Delta-8 THC, and I've found Modafinil to work really well. I'm now interested in SAM-E, thanks for sharing this!

Its an off-label use of moda for depression, but I can attest that it actually works. I actually just started this not too long ago and can say it makes me very talkative and gives energy (where depression sucks away our energy).

Thanks for post

It takes time and a good Doc to find the right drug or drugs that work for each individual. It’s trial and error. I’m not proud of it but after my last bout with depression ,which put me in the Loony Bin, I’m now on a concoction of 8 different drugs. It’s been about a month and I’m just now starting to settle back in to a happier place mentally. Fighting depression is a process. Its a disease just like cancer or any other. If you have it bad enough it will consume you unless your willing to put in the time and effort to fight it. Hell I want to smile and laugh just like everyone else. Its just not always in the cards. Good luck to everyone on this thread that say they have it. It’s a bitch but there can be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I have three people I know that tried the same drug and said the same thing.

I get seasonal depression, the months of April and Sept I get the worst of it.. I been off and on meds most my adult life, some cases I took heavy amounts and others just enough to help improve the quality of life without over medicating..
It sucks, but the gym has always been the number one outlet for me, if I start to miss sessions due to depression it makes it worst, I just press even harder and each time I feel like a NEW man when I walk out, refreshed.. In the end, it passes and life goes on.

^^^^^
This

If I didn't have a daughter to raise, I would have packed it in a long time ago. I even researched the best ways to do it and picked my favorite. All my friends are dead and I'm not interested in finding new ones. Don't have any family left. Wife and I don't talk anymore. Can't imagine I'll be around long after my daughter's grown, gone, and on her own. Looking forward to it actually.

Wow.....sounds bad bro. I struggle at times too, have zoloft that I take intermittently at times; hate the way it makes me feel, like a zombie with no emotion but sometimes that's the lesser of the two evils. I typically will go on 25-50mg for a few days then go off and see how I feel.

Last edited:
When my Dad passed I was never the same. They say “time” helps. But time doesn’t make the pain go away, just helps you manage the pain better.

Don’t rely on any drug to make your depression go away. Because when you stop the drug the depression will come back.

Need to learn to push forward, stay as positive as you can, and kill it in the gym.

Instead of thinking in my head “why did he have to go”, I think “hes with me, watching over me, and I’ll make him proud”

Back