• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

DRUG TESTING and DETECTION Questions

RAINier

Super Mod McBain
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Q: I have to take a drug test for employment/joining the military. What about my AAS use?
A: AAS/Peptides aren't tested for. The test is (99% of the time in these situations) a SAMHSA-5 test (see here for info - http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml ), which is only for recreational drugs. Tests for steroids are prohibitively expensive in these situations and won't be carried out. See DJQuirk's info here ( http://anabolicsteroidforums.com/sh...ection-Questions?p=19626&viewfull=1#post19626 )
EDIT: I've received numerous rumors about "random" tests being carried out in all branches of the military for steroids. Don't be a target for a "random" test - hide your things well and keep your mouth shut. Exercise caution.

Q: I'm an NCAA athlete/in an athletic league that tests OR someone squealed on me to my CO and he wrote me up for a special drug test.
A: You're fucked.

Q: In regards to special tests for AAS. What are the detection times?
A: Stick with TNE/Aqueous Testosterone or peptides if you don't know the test dates (unless you're some kind of Professional/Olympic athlete who gets exotic/designer steroids, in which case, consult your team "chemist" :D)

Detection Times for Various Androgenic/Anabolic Steroids, and other compounds of interest.
Compiled by Rainier (AnabolicSteroidForums.com)
CompoundDetection Time
Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca-Durabolin)18 months
Nandrolone Phenylproprionate (Durabolin)12 months
Boldenone undecyclenate (Equipoise) Methenolone enanthate (Primobolan)
Trenbolone Acetate (Finaject/Finaplix)
4-5 months
Testosterone enanthate
Testosterone cypionate
Sustanon
3 months
Methandienone - Oral (Oral Dianabol)
Oxymetholone (Anadrol)
Fluoxymesterone (Halotestin)
Mesterelone (Proviron)
Stanozolol - Injectable (Injectable Winstrol)
2 months
Stanozolol - Oral (Oral Winstrol)
Oxandrolone (Anavar)
3 weeks
Clenbuterol4 days
Testosterone Suspension1-2 days
Detection times will vary based on the individual, the above are general approximations.​

Q: Can AAS usage be deduced from a standard blood panel, e.g. levels of estrogen, cholesterol etc.
A: With 1) "Bodybuilding dosages" (as opposed to low TRT doses) and 2) a legitimate product being used, testosterone usage will be very clear on a standard blood test. Average test levels for most people are usually in the 300-800 range. It won't take a genius to realize that somebody with a test levels of 1350 (or off the scale above 1500, as is the case for most people) is juicing.
If you're for some reason only taking non-testosterone AAS, testosterone levels won't be increased, but these can still "show up" in other ways. With many steroids, estradiol/prolactin will be much higher than the range for males (if AIs/prolactin inhibitors are not taken), and cholesterol values will be very negatively affected (lower HDL, higher LDL).
Very low LH and FSH are also good indications that someone may be "shut down" from juicing. Orals will often affect liver enzymes negatively, which might show up as out of range also.
Of course, it is important to consider past blood tests, which if available, will provide a "baseline" for what are normal blood levels for that person (e.g. has your estradiol doubled since your last blood test? That's a red flag. If someone's estrogen has always been very high though, that's a different story altogether).

EDIT 1: August 25. Added question.
EDIT 2: Added detection times
EDIT 3: Linked DJQuirk's post on military testing

PM me with questions you'd like answered and I'll edit them into this original post. This is a work in progress.

Last edited:
Added detection times. Keep the questions coming, guys.

They only test for juice if there is probable cause and the action needed to make this test happen needs to be requested by your unit commander. They can't just pull you out of formation one day and say "you're getting big so we're going to test you for roids." The commander has to do paperwork to get it going and he's the only person that can do it. If your squad leader thinks he can just pull you aside and test your juice then you know he's an idiot.

1. Probable cause. Getting bigger is not grounds for probable cause so any lawyer worth a shit could get you out of that even if you pissed hot.

2. Cost. Normal army drug tests cost about $8. Roid tests are about $250. So they don't just do them for the hell of it. The commander has to justify to his command the reason for the expenditure and his reasoning will be examined by JAG. "he just got bigger" won't fly as a reason to do the testing. These tests are usually only done when people are found in possession or are caught selling or something. Don't talk about it. Don't sell it. And don't act like a badass when you get bigger.

Also the tests for roids require 60mL of urine. Twice the amount needed for a normal drug test. So if they're telling you that you must FILL the bottle then you know it's time to do some housekeeping after the test if you know you're going to come up hot. When they get back a positive for juice the first thing they'll do is have CID search your room so clean it out ASAP. Pissing hot is one thing, possession is another. Google search: UPL Commanders handbook and AR 600-85.

Last edited by a moderator:
They only test for juice if there is probable cause and the action needed to make this test happen needs to be requested by your unit commander. They can't just pull you out of formation one day and say "you're getting big so we're going to test you for roids." The commander has to do paperwork to get it going and he's the only person that can do it. If your squad leader thinks he can just pull you aside and test your juice then you know he's an idiot.

1. Probable cause. Getting bigger is not grounds for probable cause so any lawyer worth a shit could get you out of that even if you pissed hot.

2. Cost. Normal army drug tests cost about $8. Roid tests are about $250. So they don't just do them for the hell of it. The commander has to justify to his command the reason for the expenditure and his reasoning will be examined by JAG. "he just got bigger" won't fly as a reason to do the testing. These tests are usually only done when people are found in possession or are caught selling or something. Don't talk about it. Don't sell it. And don't act like a badass when you get bigger.

Also the tests for roids require 60mL of urine. Twice the amount needed for a normal drug test. So if they're telling you that you must FILL the bottle then you know it's time to do some housekeeping after the test if you know you're going to come up hot. When they get back a positive for juice the first thing they'll do is have CID search your room so clean it out ASAP. Pissing hot is one thing, possession is another. Google search: UPL Commanders handbook and AR 600-85.
Link added to the FAQ!

Last edited:
Q: I have to take a drug test for employment/joining the military. What about my AAS use?
A: AAS/Peptides aren't tested for. The test is (99% of the time in these situations) a SAMHSA-5 test (see here for info -

I do the drug testing in my unit and the guy that gave us the class on how to do it probably couldnt tell you what a peptide was. Even when we did the section on steroids they were never mentioned once.

The regulation that covers the military drug testing program is AR 600-85. There's no restrictions on who can see it, just google: AR 600-85. That's how I found out that it's easy to get away with juicing in the service,

I will tell you one very important thing though. And this is crucial. If you live in the barracks, DISPOSE OF YOUR TRASH PROPERLY!! Keep everything together until the weekend and then throw it in a trash can OFF post. When the trash collectors come and a bags rips and a bunch of vials and needles fallout first people they will call are the MPs. They will come and notify CID (they're like the army version of the FBI) who will fingerprint everything. You are then officially fucked. CID are federal agents so any charges they bring against you will go to federal court.

Getting rid of all your trash correctly is vitally important

Very nice Rainier. One of my friend was blasting and cruising on Test e + Deca and had to do blood test, and what he did was pulled the blood out from his twin bro and switched blood serum at the lab quckly. Passed the test like a boss :winkfinger:

Cool Stuff

IML Gear Cream!

I just found out something interesting for all the military on this site. Whereas getting caught using drugs will get you kicked out, those found through biochemical testing to be positive for steroid use can be court martialed (possibly leading to jail time). I'm sure it doesn't happen often as given the financial situation right now just kicking you out is a lot cheaper than going through the court martial process which could take months(meanwhile you're still getting paid and haven't lost any rank yet). I couldn't find any info on why they make this distinction between juice and other substances but they do. So my advice is this: if you know your test is going to come back positive, clean the house, and then clean it again, and then retain a lawyer. One thing many service members don't realize is that while JAG is there to give you legal advice, they won't actually defend you in court. For that you have to get yourself a civilian lawyer. And make damn sure he knows military law. Hopefully none of this shit happen to any of you but it is the regulation so I just thought I would let you guys know where you stand when the shit hits the fan. Good luck and get huge!

You are correct about the court Marsha

I just found out something interesting for all the military on this site. Whereas getting caught using drugs will get you kicked out, those found through biochemical testing to be positive for steroid use can be court martialed (possibly leading to jail time). I'm sure it doesn't happen often as given the financial situation right now just kicking you out is a lot cheaper than going through the court martial process which could take months(meanwhile you're still getting paid and haven't lost any rank yet). I couldn't find any info on why they make this distinction between juice and other substances but they do. So my advice is this: if you know your test is going to come back positive, clean the house, and then clean it again, and then retain a lawyer. One thing many service members don't realize is that while JAG is there to give you legal advice, they won't actually defend you in court. For that you have to get yourself a civilian lawyer. And make damn sure he knows military law. Hopefully none of this shit happen to any of you but it is the regulation so I just thought I would let you guys know where you stand when the shit hits the fan. Good luck and get huge!

You are correct about the court Martial though with budget the way it is they will probably just give you the ticket back to the civilian world. About 3 weeks ago a guy in my unit was caught with a stash of DBOL. He will definitely lose rank but it was also put out that it would be a POSSIBLE chapter (kicked out). What can I say no told him from the day I met him I told him he was sloppy and not taking precautions. Hell, his box of pins was just laying on floor wife open. I tried to talk some sence into him but he didn't have the capacity to comprehended it in my opinion. Take this. He's not interested in test. He's just wants to do an all deca cycle. Fucking idiot.

You are correct about the court Martial though with budget the way it is they will probably just give you the ticket back to the civilian world. About 3 weeks ago a guy in my unit was caught with a stash of DBOL. He will definitely lose rank but it was also put out that it would be a POSSIBLE chapter (kicked out). What can I say no told him from the day I met him I told him he was sloppy and not taking precautions. Hell, his box of pins was just laying on floor wife open. I tried to talk some sence into him but he didn't have the capacity to comprehended it in my opinion. Take this. He's not interested in test. He's just wants to do an all deca cycle. Fucking idiot.
If he's not willing to listen to good advice, he almost deserves what's coming to him.

Can anyone help me with the detection time of clen on a steroid test? I read above that 4 days is the listed time but I have read elsewhere that it can be much longer. I had 15-16 days between my last ingestion of clen and my drug test, should I be in the clear?

Can anyone help me with the detection time of clen on a steroid test? I read above that 4 days is the listed time but I have read elsewhere that it can be much longer. I had 15-16 days between my last ingestion of clen and my drug test, should I be in the clear?
How long were you taking the clen and at what dosages?

Is this a "street drug test" or specifically one for an athletic organization, such as the NCAA? Who's testing and did they say it's specifically for banned athletic substances? If it's not for an athletic organization or specifically for steroids, you'll be fine.

Honestly, I think you should be fine. 16 days is a lot for clen. Keep your fluids high anyway.

It is for an organization such as the ncaa. I did not take the clen for more than 3-3 1/2 weeks and my dosages were between 40-100mcg and I did not take it in a specific pattern. I would take it some days and then some days not. I maintain a healthy diet and sufficient fluid intake with a steady workout regimen. In your best opinion you think 16 days is enough to remove it from my system?

I treated it more like an experiment than an actual cycle. It was in the liquid form if that makes any difference.

It is for an organization such as the ncaa. I did not take the clen for more than 3-3 1/2 weeks and my dosages were between 40-100mcg and I did not take it in a specific pattern. I would take it some days and then some days not. I maintain a healthy diet and sufficient fluid intake with a steady workout regimen. In your best opinion you think 16 days is enough to remove it from my system?
You should pass is my guess.

In situations where you want to stay on the safe side (seems like you've already taken the test?), keep your fluid intake very high, make sure you've peed at least twice before the test, and maybe use some natural diuretics (e.g. coffee, specific fruits/veggies).

Pretty certain they only use a DOT 5 panel test. I'm tested from the coast guard due to me being in the marine engineering field and have not failed a test.

Also the first amount of pee that comes out is the most dirty. Try to piss in toilet for the first couple seconds then piss into cup.

Get Shredded!
Our soilders should be issued gear, that'd be good use of my tax dollars, I wouldn't fuss one bit promise! !

what about the ICUP 13 panel drug test for anavar and clen?? Eating poppy seeds can trip the test for THC and aleve can even trip for amphetamine usage. You think either one of these would show up using the ICUP? I get tested for drug court 2 times a week

Our soilders should be issued gear, that'd be good use of my tax dollars, I wouldn't fuss one bit promise! !

I agree 100%. Why wouldn't we want our military to be a bunch of jacked ass mofos. Their job is to protect our country so why wouldn't you want them to have every advantage. In the battlefield, you fight to kill, not win. There are no rules so why are there rules regarding being the biggest, strongest and best performing person you can be? "Be all you can be." You can be more with AAS.

When taking a standard urine test (which the only ones I've ever had done are for street drugs) would test, anavar, or winny show up?

what about the ICUP 13 panel drug test for anavar and clen?? Eating poppy seeds can trip the test for THC and aleve can even trip for amphetamine usage. You think either one of these would show up using the ICUP? I get tested for drug court 2 times a week
Anavar no. It shouldn't for clen, but I wouldn't risk it if you're getting tested by a court regularly.

I agree 100%. Why wouldn't we want our military to be a bunch of jacked ass mofos. Their job is to protect our country so why wouldn't you want them to have every advantage. In the battlefield, you fight to kill, not win. There are no rules so why are there rules regarding being the biggest, strongest and best performing person you can be? "Be all you can be." You can be more with AAS.
Because you want soldiers making the most rational, tactical decisions possible. Anyone who's cycled tren knows that in the heat of the moment, rationality and logic don't come into your decision-making process.

- - - Updated - - -

When taking a standard urine test (which the only ones I've ever had done are for street drugs) would test, anavar, or winny show up?
No. Read the thread please.

If you are in a situation where they suspect you of aas use can your employer require you to take a different drug test from everyone else to detect the aas?

Back