• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help! Legs!

MeatCurtains69

Amatuer Gynecologist
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My background: 39 years young, 6 feet tall, 230lbs, been working out for 20 years. Not a bodybuilder or powerlifter - just a gym rat who cares about his physique. Dabbled in AAS for 20 years - serious cycles for around 10. I'm routinely off cycle natty lifting. Recent douchey pre-cycle gym pic attached.

Over the years I have chronically skipped leg day with the exception of deads which I love doing. Fucking problem 5 weeks into my summer cycle - seriously sprained my arm which left me unable to lift upper body for several weeks. Figure this is an opportunity to add mass to my lower body for once in my life but need advice - have two problems.

First, for esthetic purposes, I've worked hard to develop my traps, shoulders, rear delts. Feel like it has effected my flexibility to the point where can't get by arms in the proper position to hold the bar when I squat. Can't reach back that far. Any advice besides just daily stretching to increase that flexibility?

Secondly, any advice to add mass to legs besides the obviously answer (heavy squats, leg press and deads)? Thanks bros, appreciate you all.

Happy memorial day weekend; remember our fallen soldiers.

Attachments

• 20210412_165110.jpg
    20210412_165110.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Does your gym have a safety squat bar? I have the same issue with limited range of motion. I bought myself a SSB and it was a game changer.

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

Does your gym have a safety squat bar? I have the same issue with limited range of motion. I bought myself a SSB and it was a game changer.

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

Hey Wesley, had to Google that to understand what it was. No, I wish they did having looked at it. That would be a good solution to the range of motion issue.

Honestly you don’t look like you know to diet or train let alone using steroids for 10 years. You need to hire someone to work with you one on one.
also you don’t need barbell squats or deadlifts to develop a good physique or big legs.

Last edited:
They have bar attachments so you can hold a barbell in the proper position without stretching your shoulders back. I’d recommend looking in to that. Also stretching EVERYDAY is a great idea regardless.

I don’t disagree with the statement that squats are necessary but.... I feel like leg day is incomplete if I don’t perform the squat. Ironically, I have no use for dead lifts at all (rack pulls all the way).

my leg days start out with hamstring curls (either with a leg developer bench attachment or using the cable towers). This will warm your legs up and helps to alleviate my lower back pain that come with squats) thanks hfo3 for that suggestion it’s definitely a game changer. Then I’ll hit hack squats with a landmine attachment OR lunges with either the landmine or DBs. I finish the session out with leg extensions... I rep these out until I can’t stand and hate my life for 30 minutes post session.

my legs have dramatically increased in strength and size using this approach ... I also add a second leg session each week (usually) but that’s just a blood pump session to help increase recovery rates.

good luck broSki

Honestly you don’t look like you know to diet or train let alone using steroids for 10 years. You need to hire someone to work with you one on one.
also you don’t need barbell squats or deadlifts to develop a good physique or big legs.

How do you personally grow your legs then bro wife's thighmaster?

How do you personally grow your legs then bro wife's thighmaster?
Well you skinny fat dick. Leg press, hack squat, leg ext, leg curl, you know other presses and leg movements. You’ve been abusing shit for 10-20 years and you look like you’ve never been in a gym I’m giving you honest advice. Barbell squats are only needed if you’re a power lifter or strong man. Those, bench press, and dead lifts are the most over rated exercises for bodybuilding and building size period.

Do a 3x a week 5x5 and follow it exactly. Bill Starr version . Get cardio in separately but ED and they will grow. After 8 weeks, do a upper,
lower split 4 days a week (10 weeks) . Try everything and be consistent.

Max

Bro I’m not gonna bash on you like I was gonna but I’ll give you some advice. The reason you can’t reach the back of your neck with the squat bar is simple. It’s not because you have over worked your traps and shoulders and back like you say. It’s because you need to STRETCH !!!!!! Bro put the bar on your back and deal with the pain. Focus on your legs and not your shoulders hurting because you are being a well bitch.

You are talking to a bunch of seasoned vets. I’m sorry bro but if you did do AAS for 20 hrs. You wasted it because you don’t look good at all. I would of never guessed you workout. Lol

Hit the gym and try back next year…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro I’m not gonna bash on you like I was gonna but I’ll give you some advice. The reason you can’t reach the back of your neck with the squat bar is simple. It’s not because you have over worked your traps and shoulders and back like you say. It’s because you need to STRETCH !!!!!! Bro put the bar on your back and deal with the pain. Focus on your legs and not your shoulders hurting because you are being a well bitch.

You are talking to a bunch of seasoned vets. I’m sorry bro but if you did do AAS for 20 hrs. You wasted it because you don’t look good at all. I would of never guessed you workout. Lol

Hit the gym and try back next year…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he’s probably screwed his shoulders up from bad form on top of never working on mobility. I don’t know how he looks in the mirror and sees that his traps and delts are too big, he’s clearly trying to flex in the pic and they’re still nonexistent.

Remember.

were here to help not act like a bunch of gossiping bitches.

dude asked for help not opinions. Let’s remember, we’ve all fucked up.... we’ve all been guilty of being lazy or half assing or abusing things.

and like it or not, we’re all in this together.... to better ourselves through trial and error.

that is all..... have a good evening.

Remember.

dude asked for help not opinions. Let’s remember, we’ve all fucked up.... we’ve all been guilty of being lazy or half assing or abusing things.

and like it or not, we’re all in this together.... to better ourselves through trial and error.

Well said. There's some great advice here that got lost in the bitchfest and that's doing the OP a great disservice.

Well you skinny fat dick. Leg press, hack squat, leg ext, leg curl, you know other presses and leg movements. You’ve been abusing shit for 10-20 years and you look like you’ve never been in a gym I’m giving you honest advice. Barbell squats are only needed if you’re a power lifter or strong man. Those, bench press, and dead lifts are the most over rated exercises for bodybuilding and building size period.

At least I had the balls to post a pic bro. Would love to see one of your fat ass one of these days.

1) you look like shit for someone using for 2 decades. Provided you skipped legs and only did upper body and even upper body looks something done naturally. Which shows You lack workout and diet discipline

2) Do mobility exercises. You will be squatting in 2 weeks with full Rom

3) donot skip squats. Squats dont just train your legs. They train your mind and spirit because they are fucking hard and they hurt.

4) start leg days with 6 to 7 sets of squats. Pyramid and reverse pyramid. Start light, go heavier then go lighter from max weight.

5) Don't forget to train your adductors and hams.

6) take care of peri workout nutrition

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Remember.

You have lost the way of the ASF. We bash first then help, remember.

Bft84 actually looks good if I remember correctly so calling him out isn’t gonna help you out any haha

and I’m sorry I forgot the rules .... we have to break your spirit so we can rebuild you better.

Make meatcurtains great, again or build meatcurtains back better.... you decide

Bft84 actually looks good if I remember correctly so calling him out isn’t gonna help you out any haha

and I’m sorry I forgot the rules .... we have to break your spirit so we can rebuild you better.

Make meatcurtains great, again or build meatcurtains back better.... you decide

Nah, I think I saw that pic isn't he like 4 feet tall? 2 inch pecker probably....

Get Shredded!
1) you look like shit for someone using for 2 decades. Provided you skipped legs and only did upper body and even upper body looks something done naturally. Which shows You lack workout and diet discipline

2) Do mobility exercises. You will be squatting in 2 weeks with full Rom

3) donot skip squats. Squats dont just train your legs. They train your mind and spirit because they are fucking hard and they hurt.

4) start leg days with 6 to 7 sets of squats. Pyramid and reverse pyramid. Start light, go heavier then go lighter from max weight.

5) Don't forget to train your adductors and hams.

6) take care of peri workout nutrition

Listen to this guy...he knows his shit ^^

Take any criticism constructively and in the end you'll be the better for it @Meatcurtains69.

Hey MeatCurtains69.... Just to be clear, I really wasn't laughing AT you in my previous comment in this thread. I was more or less laughing at the comment from Bft84. Some of these guys are hardcore and ruthless man. I honestly believe he was only telling you his honest opinion rather than trying to be a dick. Anyway.... I didn't mean to cause any discouragement for you. Keep working and take the advise from the veterans here bro. There's a shit ton of knowledge here.... you just gotta know when to recognize it.... no matter what form it is given in. I am struggling with my legs also.. which is why I checked out this thread to begin with. I have actually hired a coach (from this board... to be revealed later) and my #1 priority when he asked me what my goals were are to add some mass to my legs. I'm considering starting a log so be on the lookout for that. Maybe you get some ideas from me as I progress through the next 3 months.

I'd probably done heavy day at 5x5 and one 100 rep day . On 100 rep day do as many as possible then rest the number of reps on second then go again until u finish 100 reps . So of u do 20 reps first go then rest 40 seconds then go again and so on . Really burn the legs out they will grow fast . Also I use the bike as cardio cause it focus on legs as well .

Hey MeatCurtains69.... Just to be clear, I really wasn't laughing AT you in my previous comment in this thread. I was more or less laughing at the comment from Bft84. Some of these guys are hardcore and ruthless man. I honestly believe he was only telling you his honest opinion rather than trying to be a dick. Anyway.... I didn't mean to cause any discouragement for you. Keep working and take the advise from the veterans here bro. There's a shit ton of knowledge here.... you just gotta know when to recognize it.... no matter what form it is given in. I am struggling with my legs also.. which is why I checked out this thread to begin with. I have actually hired a coach (from this board... to be revealed later) and my #1 priority when he asked me what my goals were are to add some mass to my legs. I'm considering starting a log so be on the lookout for that. Maybe you get some ideas from me as I progress through the next 3 months.

It's all good bro. If I wanted a "judgement free zone" I'd hang out at planet fitness...

Back