• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What's everyone using for pellet grills.

madhungarian

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've got a 2 year old Traeger Big Tex and it's been nothing but trouble. Traeger has literally replaced every piece of it under warranty except the barrel itself. I know a lot of guys love their Traegers but I hate everything about Traeger other than their customer service. I'm looking at Rec Tecs and Blaze N grills. Anyone have any experience with either, good or bad? Any other brands I should check out. Thanks

I got a Green Mountain Grill, use it 4 to 5 times a week for the past 6 years. Love it, and never had a problem out of it.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

A lot of my buddies have GMG and them. I like the bluetooth function on the GMG as well. We grill 4 or 5 times a week as well so I definitely want something that will hold up.

Heard a lot of good things about GMGs. The Grilla Grills look good to me as well but I've never seen one in person. Right now I just use my old masterbuilt electric smoker. I have a pork butt and two chuck roasts smoking right now. I normally smoke a few times per month and take all of the leftovers, a shit ton of rice, and eat it for my pre workout meal and lunch. Nothing better.

Also, smoke some chickens and make some chicken salad. That shit is fire.

I used a Madterbuilt for years and loved that little smoker. We got the Traeger because we can cook whole meals on it and my wife can use it as well.

I used a Madterbuilt for years and loved that little smoker. We got the Traeger because we can cook whole meals on it and my wife can use it as well.

Yup I'm ready to upgrade for sure. I'll probably go with GMG because I can go look at them locally. I'm trying to hold out until we buy some land and build a house with a bigger back patio. I'm running out of room for more grilling/smoking accessories. I really want to make some smoked mac and cheese.

Smoked mac and cheese is one of my favs. Wide made blueberry muffins in the Traeger and they were amazing. Just a small hint of smoke in them.

I have used a traegar for the last 5-6 years, I’ll never switch back to gas. I absolutely love it, my current favorite wood pellet is the gourmet blend of maple hickory and cherry.
8cd78591742423bca301db451f6cdc3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back