• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Ever see or use these?

stinkfingerdelux

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My buddy hooked me up with these. Said he had an extra pair n didn't wanna trash em. I'm using them for farmers walks or just dB dead n shrugs. 50lb each. What say you asf
4c85460c40d70872e03b42ef16cc971f.jpg
748ea992fa3d91b22b71f6ba7eaf5f9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forgot to add that he mentioned they use them for the scales at scrap yards. Just pulled this link n found them as calibration weights. Still gonna pick em up n put them down.
https://www.troemner.com/weights/ca...ast-iron-grip-handle-test-weights-avoirdupois

Last edited:
Yup, I have a few of those, you can do different things (try pressing overhead while balancing, builds some good wrist strength, etc).

I actually love these. Give my trap routine a shot with these, I think you will really like it.

I actually love these. Give my trap routine a shot with these, I think you will really like it.

Thanks Wesley. I really like this video. Do you recommend all reps of each set to be of slow motion like that?

Thanks Wesley. I really like this video. Do you recommend all reps of each set to be of slow motion like that?

Sometimes I burn out with a no pause slightly higher speed set, but what I will say is this (recall I am 41 aka OLD lol) when I incorporate speed into these, many times I wake up the next day and feel like I slept wrong, aka I tweek my neck and or traps and so this happens even in my younger clients. So for the fact that this happens often, I prefer to really just go at a nice speed, get a full ROM and really squeeze the traps as high as I can and hold and pause.

The reps of 20 is key. Some clients, can't even get 20 reps on each set at first, so we just go to failure until they can reach 20.

Caution the first time you do these, the next day you will likely be very sore.

Ty for trying it out!!

They’re like brick-bells. Huh. Never seen them before. Thx Stink.

They’re like brick-bells. Huh. Never seen them before. Thx Stink.
Told my buddy. To be silly I'd ask why these hurt my wrist so bad trying to press them lol

Hell yeah! Those are called stone locks, even though they are made of iron. Those are old school kung fu exercise tools for punching. Check the 72 Consumate arts of Shaolin, they have those tools and exercises they used. Mostly they would use lighter weights and perform their forms/kata with them.

Here are a few links you can check out, but obviously these guys are doing all the super special shit for the camera.

https://youtu.be/mMduPeGtTwk

https://youtu.be/Ovj0aPnAYz8

https://youtu.be/hCCg5XXKayQ

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

O. Shit
af93e7ec1f5ea12165cd510d8a100344.jpg

looks like a door stop or aircraft mooring weight

- - - Updated - - -

3490-aircraft-tie-down.jpg

IML Gear Cream!

lol I can see these are 100% brutal man. I am going to give these a go... My traps will report back

Usually used in industry. For accurately calibrating scales and such or used as counter weights

Last edited:
Sometimes I burn out with a no pause slightly higher speed set, but what I will say is this (recall I am 41 aka OLD lol) when I incorporate speed into these, many times I wake up the next day and feel like I slept wrong, aka I tweek my neck and or traps and so this happens even in my younger clients. So for the fact that this happens often, I prefer to really just go at a nice speed, get a full ROM and really squeeze the traps as high as I can and hold and pause.

The reps of 20 is key. Some clients, can't even get 20 reps on each set at first, so we just go to failure until they can reach 20.

Caution the first time you do these, the next day you will likely be very sore.

Ty for trying it out!!

Studies have shown 20 rep sets to fatigue actually lower myostatin in the muscle. That's why lighter burn out sets are so effective for hypertrophy after your heavy sets.

Very interesting and my old gym has these but got rid of them.

Excellent vid, I'll try these this week. I have been doing 3 second pauses but no down stretch. These look real good.

Thanks

They are old-school scale-weights.

Back