• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Metformin who tried ?

maddoger

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
A friend of mine told me about metformin and it's anti-aging capabilities. I read a few articles, but couldn't find anything specific. Does anyone know how useful it is ? Thanks
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

A friend of mine told me about metformin and it's anti-aging capabilities. I read a few articles, but couldn't find anything specific. Does anyone know how useful it is ? Thanks
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
My buddy competes and takes it everyday, year round. Metformin is an insulin/blood sugar regulator. That's what it's medical purpose is for, Metabolizing carbs. I've never heard of any anti - aging affects.

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Check out Jay Campbell & Nelson Vergel discuss metformin. Incredible information.

My wife takes it for a slow thyroid. It’s increased her metabolism and decrease of weight has been good and maintaining energy levels. Still got those curvy hips though 🥰

My wife takes it for PCOS

Poly Cysctic Ovarian Syndrome. My wife is borderline and has a clogged fallopian tube, which we're gonna get an unclogging procedure done in the near future. She won't stay on metformin though, lol, the shits are brutal. Her blood sugar is fine though.

Poly Cysctic Ovarian Syndrome. My wife is borderline and has a clogged fallopian tube, which we're gonna get an unclogging procedure done in the near future. She won't stay on metformin though, lol, the shits are brutal. Her blood sugar is fine though.
Why is it brutal?

Why is it brutal?

Makes her poop alot more than usual, like right after meals. Although she already somewhat had that pattern, the metformin increases it alot. When I tried metformin I just got brutal stomach aches. Although my blood sugar is in range (99, 1-2 hours after drinking Coke) I would refuse to take metformin even if I became diabetic. I'd tell them to give me the slin.

Makes her poop alot more than usual, like right after meals. Although she already somewhat had that pattern, the metformin increases it alot. When I tried metformin I just got brutal stomach aches. Although my blood sugar is in range (99, 1-2 hours after drinking Coke) I would refuse to take metformin even if I became diabetic. I'd tell them to give me the slin.

Common problem with Metformin , need to start low dose and work your way up.
https://youtu.be/YFj6WbA1zFo

IML Gear Cream!
Common problem with Metformin , need to start low dose and work your way up.
https://youtu.be/YFj6WbA1zFo

That may work for some, but 500mg is the lowest dose they've given her and that's starting low. Now she has 750mg time release and they still give her the shits. All the women at her job have the same problems with metformin and say you never get used to it, you just have to deal with it.

METFORMIN INFO:
Article:
Metformin will benefit the dieter with attributes such as:
-Increased insulin sensitivity in muscle cells rather than adipose tissue.

-Quickly clears glucose out of the blood stream and into muscle cells for immediate stabilization of blood sugar levels.

-Serves as an anti-catabolic aid in muscle fibers by retaining muscle weight and glycogen content.

-Increased AMP-activated protein kinase levels for enhanced fatty acid oxidation.

-Suppresses appetite when on restricted calories.

-Increased GLUT-4 transporters allow muscles to be efficiently loaded with glycogen for a fuller cosmetic appearance and optimal muscular performance.

Metformin is generally well tolerated and is beneficial to the prolonged dieter attempting to retain muscle tissue while going from*lean*to shredded,*which translates to -- going from*8-9%*body fat to*4-5%*body fat. When attempting to achieve extremely low levels of body fat, a cascade of hormonal events begin taking place, making*will power, discipline*and*strong mental fortitude*crucial to succeeding. Constant hunger becomes indefinite, while mental acuity begins to plummet. Carbohydrates*will be very limited as well as total calories. You will need a plan of action of how to best take advantage of*Metformins*insulin sensitizing*and*nutrient transporting effects when on*extremely low carbohydrates. There are a few different ways to go about this.

*One way would be to dose it*before*and*after*your*post workout carbohydrate meal*on training days. You could take*500 mgs 30 minutes*before ceasing exercise, so*Metformin*is actively in your blood stream for*efficient glucose shuttling. Another option which I personally prefer is to use*Metformin*on*carbohydrate refeed days at*2 days a week.*This would entail dosing the*Metformin*around your*refeed period*which could be anywhere from*4-12 hours*depending on how lean you are.*
For example:*Let's say your*refeed is 6 hours. You would dose*500 mgs*at your first bite of food, then*500 mgs*3 hours*later, then*1000 mgs*right*before bed. Why*1000 mgs*right before bed you might ask? Because dosing it*before bed*helps facilitate the transport and clearance of glucose out of your blood stream and into your*muscle cells*as quickly as possible, so when you wake up,*blood sugar*and*insulin levels*are*extremely low. Having low levels of*insulin and*blood sugar*will allow you to get right back to*oxidizing body fat for fuel*opposed to glucose.
Carbohydrate refeed schedule*–
(Refeed begins post workout at 3 pm.)
3:00 pm*– Take first dose of Metformin*(500 mgs)*at start of meal
6:00 pm*– Take second dose of Metformin*(500 mgs)*at second meal
10:00 pm*– Take final dose of Metformin*(1000 mgs)*at final meal of day.
(Do not ingest carbohydrates after 10:00 pm so you return to baseline insulin levels upon waking)

Max

METFORMIN INFO:
Article:
Metformin will benefit the dieter with attributes such as:
-Increased insulin sensitivity in muscle cells rather than adipose tissue.

-Quickly clears glucose out of the blood stream and into muscle cells for immediate stabilization of blood sugar levels.

-Serves as an anti-catabolic aid in muscle fibers by retaining muscle weight and glycogen content.

-Increased AMP-activated protein kinase levels for enhanced fatty acid oxidation.

-Suppresses appetite when on restricted calories.

-Increased GLUT-4 transporters allow muscles to be efficiently loaded with glycogen for a fuller cosmetic appearance and optimal muscular performance.

Metformin is generally well tolerated and is beneficial to the prolonged dieter attempting to retain muscle tissue while going from*lean*to shredded,*which translates to -- going from*8-9%*body fat to*4-5%*body fat. When attempting to achieve extremely low levels of body fat, a cascade of hormonal events begin taking place, making*will power, discipline*and*strong mental fortitude*crucial to succeeding. Constant hunger becomes indefinite, while mental acuity begins to plummet. Carbohydrates*will be very limited as well as total calories. You will need a plan of action of how to best take advantage of*Metformins*insulin sensitizing*and*nutrient transporting effects when on*extremely low carbohydrates. There are a few different ways to go about this.

*One way would be to dose it*before*and*after*your*post workout carbohydrate meal*on training days. You could take*500 mgs 30 minutes*before ceasing exercise, so*Metformin*is actively in your blood stream for*efficient glucose shuttling. Another option which I personally prefer is to use*Metformin*on*carbohydrate refeed days at*2 days a week.*This would entail dosing the*Metformin*around your*refeed period*which could be anywhere from*4-12 hours*depending on how lean you are.*
For example:*Let's say your*refeed is 6 hours. You would dose*500 mgs*at your first bite of food, then*500 mgs*3 hours*later, then*1000 mgs*right*before bed. Why*1000 mgs*right before bed you might ask? Because dosing it*before bed*helps facilitate the transport and clearance of glucose out of your blood stream and into your*muscle cells*as quickly as possible, so when you wake up,*blood sugar*and*insulin levels*are*extremely low. Having low levels of*insulin and*blood sugar*will allow you to get right back to*oxidizing body fat for fuel*opposed to glucose.
Carbohydrate refeed schedule*–
(Refeed begins post workout at 3 pm.)
3:00 pm*– Take first dose of Metformin*(500 mgs)*at start of meal
6:00 pm*– Take second dose of Metformin*(500 mgs)*at second meal
10:00 pm*– Take final dose of Metformin*(1000 mgs)*at final meal of day.
(Do not ingest carbohydrates after 10:00 pm so you return to baseline insulin levels upon waking)

Max

What up MAX! Nice to see you brother! Great post as usual.

I said my wife was taking Metaformin, Dr put her on it for PCOS and Pre diabetic. Now she is on a restricted diet of 1500 cals a day, mostly lower, and is losing 300-400grams per day since she stareted on Metaformin. This week she has lost 1.6kgs and hasnt stuck to her program. She is taking 1000mg a day, all in the morning.

Is Metaformin a new drug in the BB world?

1500mg pre bed has me looking super dry and lean the day after a carb up.

Also gives me horrendous shits if I take it with fats. So unless you're taking it with high carb low fats it probably wont be fun

Back