Started TRT 2 months ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Started TRT 2 months ago

I started my TRT treatments 2 months. The doctor currently has me on Test cyp 200mg every 4 weeks. From what I have seen other folks posting about their TRT they are taking 200mg every 2 weeks so mine seems awful low.
    When I do get my monthly shot I feel great for about 2 weeks, lots of energy, not much brain fog, and have some pep in my step but then normally around week 3-3.5 I start to return to the feeling before I started TRT. I will be constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get and just overall feel like crap. I emailed the doctor asking if he wanted to do a blood test my next visit for he stated that he was going to show me how to self inject during my next visit and then write out a 6 month prescription. He informed me that 3 months is not enough time to truly see how my body is reacting to the injections and that he would check again after the 6 month time span.

How long was it before you all were tested again after being put on TRT?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Rep Points

get a new doctor... he's a moron

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension02000 View Post
    I started my TRT treatments 2 months. The doctor currently has me on Test cyp 200mg every 4 weeks. From what I have seen other folks posting about their TRT they are taking 200mg every 2 weeks so mine seems awful low.
    When I do get my monthly shot I feel great for about 2 weeks, lots of energy, not much brain fog, and have some pep in my step but then normally around week 3-3.5 I start to return to the feeling before I started TRT. I will be constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get and just overall feel like crap. I emailed the doctor asking if he wanted to do a blood test my next visit for he stated that he was going to show me how to self inject during my next visit and then write out a 6 month prescription. He informed me that 3 months is not enough time to truly see how my body is reacting to the injections and that he would check again after the 6 month time span.

How long was it before you all were tested again after being put on TRT?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Easier said than done since he is the closest doctor that takes my insurance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Rep Points

Some doctors are so afraid of getting you out of range. You need weekly or twice weekly injections to maintain stable testosterone levels. Usually 140-175mg per week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

It appears that I was right then in my thinking that I was having to wait to long between injections. Just need to figure out how to get him to test my blood earlier so that I can make it more than a couple of weeks of feeling good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Rep Points

It appears that I was right then in my thinking that I was having to wait to long between injections. Just need to figure out how to get him to test my blood earlier so that I can make it more than a couple of weeks of feeling good.
    Yup, our instincts are usually pretty accurate when it comes to hormones. He must not have much experience with TRT if he wants to wait 6 months to check your levels. As if it takes that long for levels to even out, which it does not. Your levels should normalize within 5-6 weeks if you were given proper dosing and frequency. You may want to consider shopping around for a more experienced TRT doc, such as a Sports Doctor.
    Last edited by ArgonCoagulator; 08-22-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonCoagulator View Post
    Yup, our instincts are usually pretty accurate when it comes to hormones. He must not have much experience with TRT if he wants to wait 6 months to check your levels. As if it takes that long for levels to even out, which it does not. Your levels should normalize within 5-6 weeks if you were given proper dosing and frequency. You may want to consider shopping around for a more experienced TRT doc, such as a Sports Doctor.
    Do you by chance know of any references that I can show my doctor stating that one's levels normalize with 5-6 weeks?
    I hate the fact that these days the patient has to know more than the doctor for they are all in fear of being sued.
    Last edited by Dimension02000; 08-22-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Rep Points

Do you by chance know of any references that I can show my doctor stating that one's levels normalize with 5-6 weeks?
    I hate the fact that these days the patient has to know more than the doctor for they are all in fear of being sued.
    There's graphs showing the rise and fall of a testosterone injection https://www.lowtestosterone.com/horm...nt-therapy.php

If he's open minded and willing to learn he might listen. Some doctors think everything online is bullshit and will tell you not to read into it, such as my wife's OB who didn't even know HCG boosts male fertility. She said " there are some conflicting studies on that". Wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    Rep Points

Easier said than done since he is the closest doctor that takes my insurance.
    Such an amazing medical system we have here.

Give this site a shot:

https://steroidcalc.com/index.html

Put in "200mg test-c every 4 wks" and you'll see an incredibly jagged sawtooth pattern for blood levels. Actual blood work (pay for some yourself @ $60 per if you need to) will show a very similar decay pattern.

Put in "75mg test-c every 3.5 days" for a far better regimen. 150mg/wk total rather than the 50mg your doc has you on, which is bordering on malpractice IMO. Deeply incompetent.

Ideally, your bloodwork should be 1,000-1,200 ng/dl average. Lame ass docs will aim for 700 instead. Shitty ones will have you at like 600 then decaying down to 25... like your current doc.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

Your Doc is not informed about TRT - search this website and you will get lots of answers-Luck-OD