Help with bloodwork. Very low

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Help with bloodwork. Very low

My test results are very low. My LH is 0.05. Range is 0.8-7.6. My FSH is 0.43. Range is 0.7-11. Testosterone is 305. I got off all gear July 1st. Have been using HCG, clomid, nolvadex, adex. Does HCG suppress your natural LH? Isnt clomid supposed to increase LH and FSH? I'm confused why I even have a 305 test level when I have basically no LH. Prior to being on TRT my natural test levels were always in the 200s. Can someone please help me understand what might be going on and give some advice on what I should do at this point. How can I get my FSH and LH up? Or are they possibly damaged from my use and not coming back? Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    905 Posts
    Rep Points

What was your use (how long,. how much, that sort of thing, what was your history)? How long has it been since you were off of everything, no hcg, no clomid, no nova or adex, just your body trying to recover on its own?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points

Going to take awhile to stabilize all values. Maybe just do a TRT dose and call it good ? Luck-OD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    What was your use (how long,. how much, that sort of thing, what was your history)? How long has it been since you were off of everything, no hcg, no clomid, no nova or adex, just your body trying to recover on its own?
    I have been on TRT for 4 years. Blasting for 3. Heavy cycles. Almost never came off. I'm still using HCG clomid nolva and adex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Going to take awhile to stabilize all values. Maybe just do a TRT dose and call it good ? Luck-OD
    I can't use testosterone right now because I'm trying to have another kid. That is why I'm not on anything right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points

Hcg is suppressive. You might not ever recover either. But if you’re trying to have a kid and then get back on trt I would just continue my trt dose and take clomid and hcg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tmart View Post
    Hcg is suppressive. You might not ever recover either. But if you’re trying to have a kid and then get back on trt I would just continue my trt dose and take clomid and hcg
    We haven't been able to get pregnant in the 2.5 years she has got the IUD out. And we have been trying seriously for 6 months. I figured its because of my gear use. With no FSH I'm not making any sperm. If I was to get back on testosterone even trt dose I think that will just make the problem worse. And I dont know how sperm production would be being on trt using HCG and clomid. I'm off test and lh and fsh are not coming up. Also I made a thread in basic section saying my HCG is bunk because it fails the pregnancy test. But how is my test 300 if the HCG is bunk and my LH is essentially none.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by craigmac View Post
    We haven't been able to get pregnant in the 2.5 years she has got the IUD out. And we have been trying seriously for 6 months. I figured its because of my gear use. With no FSH I'm not making any sperm. If I was to get back on testosterone even trt dose I think that will just make the problem worse. And I dont know how sperm production would be being on trt using HCG and clomid. I'm off test and lh and fsh are not coming up. Also I made a thread in basic section saying my HCG is bunk because it fails the pregnancy test. But how is my test 300 if the HCG is bunk and my LH is essentially none.
    Correct. The HCG is either low-potency, or it's completely fine and your Leydig cells max out at 300 ng/dl once saturated. Definitely a low T level.

I can't explain the negative results you were getting with the HCG testing but that turned into a complicated situation... so I'd get some other HCG, scripted even, and hit that. A TRT or fertility doc would likely have you at VERY high doses like many thousands of IU/wk, so don't be afraid of doing the same. 1,000/wk is the bare minimum commonly used around here for saturating healthy populations of leydig cells in your testes to produce normal T levels, but for problematic cases like hypogonadism & low sperm counts the docs will hit them much harder.

The only other way a zeroed-out LH and a 300 ng/dl T level could coexist would be if some of those esters you dropped on July 1st were very long, AND you had huge blood levels. It's possible that 6 or 7 wks out you'd still have some T decaying away. Long shot though.
    Last edited by chocolatemalt; 08-16-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    Rep Points

Re: FSH for sperm, I think you're right about that but I've never tackled the issue. You might need HMG instead of HCG for it, unsure. Is a fertility doc out of the question due to expense?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Correct. The HCG is either low-potency, or it's completely fine and your Leydig cells max out at 300 ng/dl once saturated. Definitely a low T level.

I can't explain the negative results you were getting with the HCG testing but that turned into a complicated situation... so I'd get some other HCG, scripted even, and hit that. A TRT or fertility doc would likely have you at VERY high doses like many thousands of IU/wk, so don't be afraid of doing the same. 1,000/wk is the bare minimum commonly used around here for saturating healthy populations of leydig cells in your testes to produce normal T levels, but for problematic cases like hypogonadism & low sperm counts the docs will hit them much harder.

The only other way a zeroed-out LH and a 300 ng/dl T level could coexist would be if some of those esters you dropped on July 1st were very long, AND you had huge blood levels. It's possible that 6 or 7 wks out you'd still have some T decaying away. Long shot though.
    What about an issue with the hypothalamus and or pituitary, not the testes. Is it possible to shut down gonadotropin releasing hormone in the hypothalamus and it wouldn't signal the pituitary to release lh and fsh. Might the problem be one of those?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Re: FSH for sperm, I think you're right about that but I've never tackled the issue. You might need HMG instead of HCG for it, unsure. Is a fertility doc out of the question due to expense?
    Yes fertility doc is out of the question for now. I already contacted my primary care at VA who ordered these tests for me. I will most likely get a referral to urology or endocrinology. How much they are willing to help I'm not sure. VA is pretty strict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Longest ester was test cyp. I was just cruising at the time. Some tren ace in April and may.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    Rep Points

What about an issue with the hypothalamus and or pituitary, not the testes. Is it possible to shut down gonadotropin releasing hormone in the hypothalamus and it wouldn't signal the pituitary to release lh and fsh. Might the problem be one of those?
    Absolutely. But the current T levels could well be shutting you down (if the Clomid is low dose or bunk), so you'd have to rule that out.

Easy way to see how well your testes are working is high HCG levels. I'd start there.

Basic test for hypothalamus and pituitary would require a full PCT, along with clomid help. The clomid should clog the E2 receptors in those glands to a high degree, prompting them to pump out the hormones (GnRH, LH, FSH) if they're working properly.

All this is viewable on labwork.

With the exception of clomid potency... you may want to get pharm for that since so much UGL SERMs are bunk. You'll notice a LOT of the veterans here will use nothing but pharm for AI and SERMs even when they laud the other gear from the good sponsors. Maybe you already know that... where'd you get your auxiliaries?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Absolutely. But the current T levels could well be shutting you down (if the Clomid is low dose or bunk), so you'd have to rule that out.

Easy way to see how well your testes are working is high HCG levels. I'd start there.

Basic test for hypothalamus and pituitary would require a full PCT, along with clomid help. The clomid should clog the E2 receptors in those glands to a high degree, prompting them to pump out the hormones (GnRH, LH, FSH) if they're working properly.

All this is viewable on labwork.

With the exception of clomid potency... you may want to get pharm for that since so much UGL SERMs are bunk. You'll notice a LOT of the veterans here will use nothing but pharm for AI and SERMs even when they laud the other gear from the good sponsors. Maybe you already know that... where'd you get your auxiliaries?
    The clomid I have right now is from gear church. I have clomid from gorilla on the way when they decide to ship my order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes fertility doc is out of the question for now. I already contacted my primary care at VA who ordered these tests for me. I will most likely get a referral to urology or endocrinology. How much they are willing to help I'm not sure. VA is pretty strict
    Shitty. I dunno why VA isn't cushy like what our elected congressmen get. Should be cushier, IMO. USA medical system...

Longest ester was test cyp. I was just cruising at the time. Some tren ace in April and may.
    Shouldn't be an issue unless you were like 3g/wk or something. And you weren't. So... your HCG wasn't bunk after all! Despite the drama in the other thread, Lol.

Sounds to me like you're tackling this the right way though. A good endo should nail down the problems quickly, if the VA comes through.