Study Suggests Psilocybin Can Reset The Brains Of Depressed People (mushrooms)

Administrator
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,135 Posts
    Rep Points

Psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, continues to show promise as a natural treatment for anxiety and depression. In fact, in a recently-published study, reduced symptoms were recorded weeks after depressed patients supplemented the fungi. Furthermore, before and after brain scans showed significant changes in brain activity associated with depressive symptoms.

The study was conducted by researchers at Imperial College London. Twenty patients with treatment-resistant depression received two doses of psilocybin (10 mg and 25 mg) one week apart. Nineteen had brain imaging done before the treatment and after scans were taken after the second treatment. The MRI images were used to compare changes in blood flow and in communication between the brain regions.

Researchers first observed reduced blood flow in the temporal cortex. They also saw decreased blood flow in the amygdala, a small, almond-shaped region which helps to process emotional responses (such as fear, stress, and anger). A significant relationship between decreased blood flow in the region and reduced depressive symptoms was noted.

Participants also filled out questionnaires to report on their mental states. They noted a lightening of their depression after the treatments, as well as the feeling that their brains had somehow changed. Several of our patients described feeling reset after the treatment and often used computer analogies,explained Robin Carhart-Harris, who led the study.

For example, one said he felt like his brain had been defragged like a computer hard drive, and another said he felt rebooted. Psilocybin may be giving these individuals the temporary kick start they need to break out of their depressive states and these imaging results do tentatively support a reset analogy. Similar brain effects to these have been seen with electroconvulsive therapy.

The finding offers an exciting glimpse into brain networks, which disintegrate under the influence of psychedelics but possibly re-integrate afterward. It also supports previous research which suggests that psilocybin is more effective at dissolving the root cause of mental conditions, including anxiety and depression, than pharmaceutical drugs.

Over 5000 people have downloaded our free ebook Growth Hacking Tips And Rituals For Optimal Living CLICK HERE to get your free copy now

In a recent study, Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris compared the two approaches. He found that participants who supplement with psilocybin often experience a cathartic release whereas folks who are prescribed pharmaceutical drugs regularly feel emotionally blunted. If you ask people who are taking SSRIs chronically, they often say I feel blunted, Dr. Carhart-Harris told The Independent. With psilocybin therapy they say the opposite, they talk about an emotional release, a reconnection, and this key emotional centre being more responsive.

This latest study provides more evidence for psilocybins potential as an antidepressant. More research is needed, of course. However, the future is hopeful for individuals who suffer from painful and oftentimes debilitating mental conditions.

What are your thoughts?
    IronMag Forums

CONTACT ME BY Private Message or Email FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    948 Posts
    Rep Points

My old brain needs a reboot...
    Show me

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts
    Rep Points

Yummy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Rep Points

Can vouch it definitely makes you happier not just on it but after it. Opens your mind back up. All the shit going on now a days just closes peoples mind by the minute. Especially with how quickly information can be sent/received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,289 Posts
    Rep Points

They are finally starting to fund clinical trials ... big pharma be selling them shrooms soon lol

nah but seriously, it does work. Love me some shrooms...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Rep Points

Good info. We should all be looking into this, MDMA, and ketamine as alternatives to SSRIs, alcohol, coke, opioids, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    948 Posts
    Rep Points

Better to have safer alternatives to opioids for pain management such as marijuana/CBD and shrooms.
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn I wish I knew where to get some lol

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,026 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    Im not sure how accurate this is but it Seems the dark web is a good place if you know how to use it.

Id love to have real mdma, I used to love the stuff years ago when it was legit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,289 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    Georgia , South Carolina after a warm rain and the sun comes back out they pop up in cow pies... or get a growers kit online... otherwise any one in your area wearing Grateful Dead shirts should be able to hook you up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,289 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Good info. We should all be looking into this, MDMA, and ketamine as alternatives to SSRIs, alcohol, coke, opioids, etc.
    micro-dosing ketamine works too... but it can be pretty easy to fall into the black hole of ketamine ... lol that shit can be scary. Glad I grew up relatively young haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,289 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Im not sure how accurate this is but it Seems the dark web is a good place if you know how to use it.

Id love to have real mdma, I used to love the stuff years ago when it was legit

ecstasy is pretty much the only drug I dont gave experience with... my high school health teacher scared me when she said it takes a scoop of brain matter out every time you use it. Lol

one of my closest friends loved it. Apparently he loved everything when he was on it. We were like 18, watching him order and drink a milk shake at McDonalds while on mdma was one of the funniest things Id ever seen in my life...haha