Really need some help skinny fat and getting fatter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter916 View Post
    How long have you been lifting weights? Everyone here is going to say both your diet and weight training regiment is off. You gotta dial those two in than worry about gear

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk
    Lifted with a personal trainer for 8 months. But he had me doing kettlebell shit. Properly lifted with compound lifts for about 1 month.

I agree completely man. I wouldn't even consider running a real cycle. But as I'm already on TRT i didn't see the harm in adding an extra 100mg to my weekly routine.

Diet 100% needs to be improved i agree. Training i am fairly satisfied is on track. Its a simple program focusing on just compound lifts which from what i gather, should be the most beneficial for now.

I have put in for bloods to check my testosterone, estrogen and thyroid.
    Last edited by Mr.Hop; 08-13-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Rep Points

Try this:

1. 5 eggs, 1/2 cup oats, one slice of Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed, one cup of tea or coffee with no sweetener

2. 6-8 ounces of meat. Your choice. Raw meat that you cook, not processed meat or deli meat (chicken has cost going for it, fish and beef and turkey and kangaroo and horse and dog are all acceptable choices).
    1/2 cup white rice, or similar amount of potato or sweet potato.
    One cup of broccoli, asparagus, or as much raw spinach leaves as you like.

3. Repeat.

4. Repeat.

5 Repeat. Take out the carb source from this meal if you make no progress on getting leaner the first week.

Run a tape measure around your waist at the belly button (not down on your hips where you wear your pants, up on the belly button) and record the measurement once a week. Do the same for your upper arms, upper legs, and chest (around the nipple area). Record your scale weight once a week.

Record everything you eat and drink in MyFitnessPal religiously.

Get blood test results for your estrogen levels. Keep in mind that you will have less conversion as you get leaner, so the first result is not the be-all-end-all.

Consider adding in some cardio on a stairmaster or elliptical 3-4 times a week, fasted in the AM if possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpy View Post
    How's your estrogen levels on 300mg? Could be holding alot of water. What's your training look like? Get under some weights son!
    I've only been on the 300mg dose for 4 weeks so not sure how estrogen is. I have had a little acne and been feeling relatively depressed. But that could be down to my ridiculous work schedule this month.

As said i have put in for blood work. Received my kit this morning just waiting for the clinic appointment to get the venous sample taken.

I'm also hypothyroid and i have to admit, I've not been waiting the stated 30 minutes before eating/drinking after my levo pill in the morning. So made sure to add thyroid function to my blood panel to be tested.

My routine is basically stronglifts 5 x 5.

I know man, my body is desperately in need of mass lol.
    Last edited by Mr.Hop; 08-13-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Rep Points

Where do you live? You may not need a clinic appointment to do your own blood work.

Look here:
    http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com...hout-Insurance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hop View Post
    I never said that i wanted to lose weight. I wanted to bulk and started my bulk 4 weeks ago.

Shit unfortunately gone bad in them 4 weeks and i have gained a considerable amount of abdominal fat...

I under the impression of calories are calories. Providing protein, carb and fat goals are reached then i heard that it doesn't exactly matter how you make the calories up? Again I'm clearly no expert with this. I'm just saying my logic behind the diet.
    Yeah a calorie is not just a calorie unfortunately. Things like milk, cheese, bread are crappy sources of proteins/fats/carbs when compared to things like chicken, fish, lean beef, rice, oats, etc.

What you're referring to is IIFYM (if it fits your macros), which is always suboptimal to cleaner eating

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hop View Post
    Yes I'm 100% sure that i need TRT. I had a very low natural level.

Gear is also totally legit. During the 4 weeks of increasing from 200 to 300mg i have seen a relatively large increase in strength and new muscle growth. Nothing spectacular as you can see from the images but without a doubt much more than i had at this time 4 weeks ago.

I spent well over 2 years eating junk and i never gained much fat from it. Until i increased my testosterone and started this new diet 4 weeks ago.

I shit you not man my stomach was reasonably flat 4 weeks ago! Now look at it? all in 4 weeks

My maintenance calories is 2000, calculated on the calculator on the bodybuilding . com website.
    start fesh.
    1. cardio everyday with 1 gallon of water until you can handle 30 minutes of cardio
    2. THEN ... start a push/pull regimen. google will give you many options.
    3. eat nothing but real foods, no shakes. the guys have already given you some great ideas
    4. once you are here, then re-evaluate your health, not a picture of yourself, your health. You're currently in terrible shape man. ...if you still want to inject yourself with steroids. then by all means, you came to the right place for help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Don't beat up on yourself too much or get too hurt as the others here do it for you.

"A calorie is a calorie" is some crap the giant sugar industry has been shoving onto us for 75+ years as they've been avoiding blame for the growing obesity and diabetes epidemics, dating back nearly a century. We've all been subjected to the propaganda and most of us have been believers whether we've known it or not. The most solid evidence today implicates sugar and refined carbs as THE culprits, period. If a calorie were a calorie, then it wouldn't matter if you used bowls of Froot Loops and Capn Crunch to do all your bulking, no? Why bother with chicken, eggs, etc? But a calorie is not a calorie... big differences in hormonal release and partitioning. Huge.

Check out these excellent books for the science behind it all in layman's terms:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Case-Agains...649/ref=sr_1_1
    https://smile.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-...875216-8406909

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts
    Rep Points

Did you ever get bloods before you started TRT? I bet at your age you don't even need it. I mean it doesnt appear you have accomplished what you wanted. You got stronger but your stomach got bigger. I would almost stop TRT for 4 months, get bloods and see where your total T is at. In that 4 months, fine tune your diet and burn the extra fat. If your total T is low, then get back on.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Rep Points

Since most of your body fat is mid section I would concentrate on Cardio and Ab workouts. Your abs will still grow under fat and when you do lose that mid section flab BINGO there they are. Work lighter weights with more reps and do your cardio after your work out. But everyone has a different plan.
    BTW guys imagine if this guy takes everyone's advice he will look great real soon. A sponsor and good trainer should swoop him up under their wing
    Last edited by custom; 08-13-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    ALL MUST BOW TO THE P.O.O.P.

Please follow the chain of command.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    545 Posts
    Rep Points

Welcome
    “Move over for a damage case”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    Did you ever get bloods before you started TRT? I bet at your age you don't even need it. I mean it doesnt appear you have accomplished what you wanted. You got stronger but your stomach got bigger. I would almost stop TRT for 4 months, get bloods and see where your total T is at. In that 4 months, fine tune your diet and burn the extra fat. If your total T is low, then get back on.
    I had to go on TRT at the ripe old age of 23. The VA threw clomid and HCG therapy at me multiple times that never worked and refused to put me on TRT. I eventually started my own TRT and never looked back. I don't regret it one bit. I did go through the gamut though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts
    Rep Points

That sucks that you had to go on TRT at such a young age. Did they say what could have caused such low numbers at that age?
    I probably induced the low natural t I have now by starting way too young. Im sure my test numbers at 21 were perfectly fine and probably near 1k naturally but I started AAS to try and play through a football injury. It didnt work but I didnt go off completely until my 30s then I suffered from low T in my late 30s after I had been off completely for a good 6 to 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    I had to go on TRT at the ripe old age of 23. The VA threw clomid and HCG therapy at me multiple times that never worked and refused to put me on TRT. I eventually started my own TRT and never looked back. I don't regret it one bit. I did go through the gamut though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Rep Points

I hope my comment wasn't taken negatively. I'm proud of you for posting pics and stepping up to the plate. We're all routing for you man. Be the best version of yourself you can be. Go kill it bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    That sucks that you had to go on TRT at such a young age. Did they say what could have caused such low numbers at that age?
    I probably induced the low natural t I have now by starting way too young. Im sure my test numbers at 21 were perfectly fine and probably near 1k naturally but I started AAS to try and play through a football injury. It didnt work but I didnt go off completely until my 30s then I suffered from low T in my late 30s after I had been off completely for a good 6 to 7 years.
    Nah they didn't say but I have the feeling it has something to do with the anthrax vaccinations. I was fine until I had those it seems. Then shortly after the fifth round I started having issues. So who knows but thats the only correlation I could find. I think mine weren't great before that but it went downhill bad after I turned 22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Try this:

1. 5 eggs, 1/2 cup oats, one slice of Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed, one cup of tea or coffee with no sweetener

2. 6-8 ounces of meat. Your choice. Raw meat that you cook, not processed meat or deli meat (chicken has cost going for it, fish and beef and turkey and kangaroo and horse and dog are all acceptable choices).
    1/2 cup white rice, or similar amount of potato or sweet potato.
    One cup of broccoli, asparagus, or as much raw spinach leaves as you like.

3. Repeat.

4. Repeat.

5 Repeat. Take out the carb source from this meal if you make no progress on getting leaner the first week.

Run a tape measure around your waist at the belly button (not down on your hips where you wear your pants, up on the belly button) and record the measurement once a week. Do the same for your upper arms, upper legs, and chest (around the nipple area). Record your scale weight once a week.

Record everything you eat and drink in MyFitnessPal religiously.

Get blood test results for your estrogen levels. Keep in mind that you will have less conversion as you get leaner, so the first result is not the be-all-end-all.

Consider adding in some cardio on a stairmaster or elliptical 3-4 times a week, fasted in the AM if possible.

Thank you!

I'm not even going to ask if i should be cutting or bulking as the answer is obvious!

But what i am wondering, do you think a a recomposition or a cut would be best suited right now? I could cut hard for months but what will i actually be cutting down to? As i have little muscle mass would a recomp yield good results?

Once i get a clear plan in action I'll jump right in! Because i really hate the way i look right now.