Really need some help skinny fat and getting fatter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    Did you ever get bloods before you started TRT? I bet at your age you don't even need it. I mean it doesnt appear you have accomplished what you wanted. You got stronger but your stomach got bigger. I would almost stop TRT for 4 months, get bloods and see where your total T is at. In that 4 months, fine tune your diet and burn the extra fat. If your total T is low, then get back on.
    I had 5 blood tests before i started TRT.

Doctor tried me on numerous cocktails of drugs including HCG, to try and improve my numbers and nothing worked.

At 19 years old i developed a high pitched voice, severe anxiety, panic attacks, inability to hold conversations with people. Constant disorientation and just feeling like i was detached and not in reality. I was prescribed diazepam.

Carried on taking that diazepam until i was 22. Finally had my hormones checked at 22 and it revealed low test and a fucked thyroid. TSH levels 700+

I took a minute to look at myself at the age of 22. I seen that i was dependent on diazepam, too anxious to go out of the house most days, no friends, no job. I couldn't even have a conversation with a cashier in a grocery store without slurring my words and feeling like i was gonna pass out.

At that point i said fuck this, bought a vial of testosterone online (Because docs refused TRT) and started on 150mg a week. Things improved in less than 2 weeks. It was like a curtain lifted and i suddenly felt normal again. After a few months i increased to 200mg and on that dose i felt perfect. Voice gone deep, anxiety was gone and i was able to taper off the diazepam with some horrible withdrawals for a few months.

I came here for advice and i appreciate every bit of it! But one thing i wont consider is coming off my TRT. Sure i could have waited a few more months and maybe my test would have sorted its self after the thyroid was fixed. But for me its not worth going back down that road.

Will post the bloods up in a few days from the 300mg TRT routine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

One other thing guys.

I'm a little limited on cardio. I have some severe injuries still in healing on my lower leg and foot so high impact running, jogging - cardio is out of the question.

Would an exercise bike do the trick? I can buy a treadmill but it will be just walking, incline walking. Wish i could run but for now thats my body's limits.

Btw been training in a home gym that i put together. Bought a squat cage, bench and olympic barbell and weight set of 150kg.

I did make a post about my TRT history and why im on TRT now. But its waiting moderator approval

Thanks again everyone!
    Last edited by Mr.Hop; 08-14-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    813 Posts
    Rep Points

No need for jogging/running. Just get your heart rate into the "fat burn" zone and you'll be good to go. Approximately 130-140 for mid 20's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,615 Posts
    Rep Points

Yep a exercise bike will work just fine!!

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    983 Posts
    Rep Points

My cardio consists of masturbating vigorously on a daily basis.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,688 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hop View Post
    Thank you!

I'm not even going to ask if i should be cutting or bulking as the answer is obvious!

But what i am wondering, do you think a a recomposition or a cut would be best suited right now? I could cut hard for months but what will i actually be cutting down to? As i have little muscle mass would a recomp yield good results?

Once i get a clear plan in action I'll jump right in! Because i really hate the way i look right now.
    Honestly man, I think you could recomp just fine, so both lol. With the 300mg test you should be able to lose bodyfat and gain muscle eating right around actual maintenance or at a slight deficit. With really clean food sources I think you'll make good progress in both directions
    One other thing guys.

I'm a little limited on cardio. I have some severe injuries still in healing on my lower leg and foot so high impact running, jogging - cardio is out of the question.

Would an exercise bike do the trick? I can buy a treadmill but it will be just walking, incline walking. Wish i could run but for now thats my body's limits.

Btw been training in a home gym that i put together. Bought a squat cage, bench and olympic barbell and weight set of 150kg.

I did make a post about my TRT history and why im on TRT now. But its waiting moderator approval

Thanks again everyone!
    Absolutely. I don't do any high impact cardio at all. My preferred cardio is a step mill or stair master, and incline treadmill when my legs are too fatigued or I do fasted cardio at home. Be careful with that injury and don't irritate it further since that'll set you behind unnecessarily. Don't be me lol

Malf's diet advice is spot on. If you want exact examples, check out my log. I have been posting my exact diet updates so you can get a good idea of exact measurements. You could probably even use the last update exactly as a starting point. It's right at 2550 calories plus the little bit I get from light sauces, ketchup, and a couple tablespoons of half and half in my morning espresso.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    My cardio consists of masturbating vigorously on a daily basis.........
    And at 30 times a day(for custom) that equals 15 mins of cardio.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    That sucks that you had to go on TRT at such a young age. Did they say what could have caused such low numbers at that age?
    I probably induced the low natural t I have now by starting way too young. Im sure my test numbers at 21 were perfectly fine and probably near 1k naturally but I started AAS to try and play through a football injury. It didnt work but I didnt go off completely until my 30s then I suffered from low T in my late 30s after I had been off completely for a good 6 to 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Nah they didn't say but I have the feeling it has something to do with the anthrax vaccinations. I was fine until I had those it seems. Then shortly after the fifth round I started having issues. So who knows but thats the only correlation I could find. I think mine weren't great before that but it went downhill bad after I turned 22
    Remember guys, none of us is "natty" anymore. We've all been exposed to estrogenic hormone disruptors since before birth... T levels suppressed during fetal development, during puberty, during our whole lives by the phthalates, BPAs, pesticides (e.g. atrazine), and countless other culprits that we've been exposed to in the linings of soup cans, water supply pipes, plastic bottles, bathroom and cleaning supplies, etc. We're awash in the contaminants. Completely unavoidable.

The effects? A population-wide T level decline over the decades that cannot be attributed to diet, exercise, or the other usual suspects.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/92/1/196/2598434
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...earch-analysis

Just two of many articles on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,688 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Remember guys, none of us is "natty" anymore. We've all been exposed to estrogenic hormone disruptors since before birth... T levels suppressed during fetal development, during puberty, during our whole lives by the phthalates, BPAs, pesticides (e.g. atrazine), and countless other culprits that we've been exposed to in the linings of soup cans, water supply pipes, plastic bottles, bathroom and cleaning supplies, etc. We're awash in the contaminants. Completely unavoidable.

The effects? A population-wide T level decline over the decades that cannot be attributed to diet, exercise, or the other usual suspects.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/92/1/196/2598434
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...earch-analysis

Just two of many articles on it.
    You're absolutely correct. Mine was more of a sudden decline from what was an already low-middle range score. But I've never had a solid testosterone levels without exogenous assistance lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points

You left out ex-wives and Asia hookers..........................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    920 Posts
    Rep Points

One other thing guys.

Thanks again everyone!
    Ride a real bicycle. Outside. Work your way to 7 miles in 30 minutes. Reassess from there.

Very few persons push themselves hard enough on an indoor bike to make any difference. Outside, on the street, you gotta pedal and you weigh a certain amount and that hill is not going to negotiate with you. It is what it is. You have to get in shape to pedal all the way up that hill. There is no bullshitting yourself with a real bicycle like an indoor bicycle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    920 Posts
    Rep Points

Thank you!

I'm not even going to ask if i should be cutting or bulking as the answer is obvious!

But what i am wondering, do you think a a recomposition or a cut would be best suited right now? I could cut hard for months but what will i actually be cutting down to? As i have little muscle mass would a recomp yield good results?

Once i get a clear plan in action I'll jump right in! Because i really hate the way i look right now.
    Cut or bulk . . . or do both . . .

Very few can "recomp," but in your current shape, on 300 mg a week of testosterone, I would be shocked if you lift hard and heavy (don't skip things like squats and deadlifts if your lower leg injuries permit it . . . do they?) and don't put on muscle and shed fat at the same time. I'd guess in ten weeks you will not look similar to now.

But you have to get to it. Have you started the diet yet?

Remember, I told you to run a tape measure around your waist at the belly button. That measurement can go down even while your scale weight moves up.

Also, home gym might be fine, but have you considered joining a nearby gym so you have things like a leg press and hack squats and lat pull downs and Olympic bars and plenty of 45 pound plates and dumb bells that are light enough or heavy enough to cover any exercise you might want to do? Calves are especially hard to work effectively in a home gym.

I have a home gym, too, but the reality is that very few of us have as much as a real gym. So I go to a real gym.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts
    Rep Points

bro no offense but it looks like you never trained a day in your life, dont worry about losing fat you need to gain muscle and build a solid base. steak, chicken eggs, fish. eat lift sleep. I hope you go to a real gym with power racks and benches, lift heavy, low reps. if your able to do more than 8 reps its too lite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points

I knew that was coming ....Just wait for it....wait.....almost there........................H7 scores and wins!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,186 Posts
    Rep Points

Whose test is bringing back 9x your dose?!? Seems you got pretty lucky there bro!!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk