Having to self administrator TRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Cool Having to self administrator TRT

Hey guys, been off gear for about 5 years but now I'm suffering from low testosterone. In a perfect world I would go to the endocrinologist and find out how low my levels are then start TRT. However, this isn't a perfect world and I don't have insurance therefore I'm going to need to take test replacement into my own hands.
    I think I have the solution to the problem of finding out just how off my levels are. As I stated before I am uninsured so after a bit of searching came across this:

FSH Blood Test - HealthLabs

There are a few others similar but I'm not sure if they are legit or an elaborate money racket. If anyone has any thoughts or prior knowledge about these types of "online labs" just speak up.

Regardless of the exact levels (because I'm certain they are very low) I'll need to work out my own TRT. I am at a disadvantage however because although I've run countless cycles over the years I am new to TRT so advise is appreciated! I also have the disadvantage of treatment being purely symptom driven due to the lack of labs to monitor my serum levels. As as stated earlier, I'm hoping to find an affordable lab online. I go into this eyes wide open and understanding it's not ideal, but it is necessary.

If I was simply doing a bulking cycle I would be at ease planning my dosage schedule and length as well as ancillary meds I should anticipate needing but I'm in uncharted waters as far as TRT goes. I am obviously thinking a long ester test, either enanthate or cypionate. Do you guys think 200 mg every 12-14 days is a good approach or should I lower the dose and increase injection frequency to something like 100mg/week?

I am assuming that due to the fact that my levels will be low and I won't be on extremely high doses of multiple derivatives as I would be on a bulking cycle there shouldn't be a need for an AI or SERM but are there any companion meds or supplements commonly suggested in testosterone therapy?

Length of TRT from what I can conclude is indefinite considering restarting natural production isn't happening so I am leaving the long term plans open for now and take it roughly 6 months at a time...it's probably not a preferred way to approach this but it's the best I can come up with for now.

So to recap I am looking for ideas about getting lab work, as well as any thoughts on my possible approach to my TRT in addition, input on any other meds, supplements or ancillaries I may need...

Thanks in advance for any feedback you guys can offer I am in pretty rough shape physically and mentally! Hormone difficincy if a bitch! 😟

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,144 Posts
    Rep Points

Labsmd.com is also a good place to order your blood work from. Many here, including myself use them. Itís about $50 or so. Order the female hormone panel. My trt was monitored by my dr until he retired. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. Iíve been self administering ever since. Iím not consistent with my trt. I tend to either administer 200mg once a week and sometimes do two injections of 100mg a week. Just depends. At 200 mg once per week, I feel has a bigger effect on my libido. By the end of the week, my libido skyrockets. Then after my injection, it dips. I was prescribed 200mg which is why I use that dose for trt. I feel great at that dose and Iím at the very top end of normal range.

Dispense Quick Rep
    Trtdirect@protonmail.com for product list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sherk View Post
    Labsmd.com is also a good place to order your blood work from. Many here, including myself use them. Itís about $50 or so. Order the female hormone panel. My trt was monitored by my dr until he retired. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. Iíve been self administering ever since. Iím not consistent with my trt. I tend to either administer 200mg once a week and sometimes do two injections of 100mg a week. Just depends. At 200 mg once per week, I feel has a bigger effect on my libido. By the end of the week, my libido skyrockets. Then after my injection, it dips. I was prescribed 200mg which is why I use that dose for trt. I feel great at that dose and Iím at the very top end of normal range.

Dispense Quick Rep
    Trtdirect@protonmail.com for product list
    Thanks for the reply...The more I think about it the more I'm leaning toward around 200 mg of a Sustanon type blend every 12-14 days. I am looking forward to getting my libido back!

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,116 Posts
    Rep Points

I agree with sherk on 200mgs every 7 days is great for trt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HFO3; 08-12-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Rep Points

Here's the labsmd panel:

https://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?vie...tosterone#2234

$76... You could save a few bucks with the privatemdlabs offering and their 15% coupon, up to you. I don't think it offers LC/MS/MS T assay but you may not need it.

For me, I'd aim for 1000-1200 ng/dl T levels and 20-ish E2. Also, HCG to keep gonads healthy. You might be able to achieve these T levels with just HCG + AI at moderate doses and that would avoid any oils altogether. Bloods needed to know, obviously.

If you go the oils route, you may still need an AI to keep E2 in a good range. And HCG to avoid atrophy and possible elevated cancer risk... same as with E2 getting out of control. That's why I suggest HCG + AI first since they're smart to use regardless of pinning T or not.

Definitely get labs first for baseline, as you're planning already. Then if pinning something like sustanon every 2 wks, get labs one day after pin and then right before your next pin... then you'll know the hormonal swings between pins and whether it's smooth enough or if you should do half the dose twice as often instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Rep Points

I just looked up sustanon to remind myself of the esters -- the longest of the four is decanoate and even that by itself is nearly a 2-fold swing at weekly injections, and the shorter esters bring the effective half-life of the mix way down. Once every 12-14 days will feel like a rollercoaster. Do like the other guys said and plan for 1x or 2x pins/wk.

https://steroidcalc.com/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

I ping 100 mg. each week, keeps me near high end of range. Keeps all my bloods perfect and feeling great.

Did 250 for a 12 week run and had a nice 1700 test level, but too much. Anxiety is the main issue, and blood pressure and even PSA.

100 for me is perfect..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Here's the labsmd panel:

https://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?vie...tosterone#2234

$76... You could save a few bucks with the privatemdlabs offering and their 15% coupon, up to you. I don't think it offers LC/MS/MS T assay but you may not need it.

For me, I'd aim for 1000-1200 ng/dl T levels and 20-ish E2. Also, HCG to keep gonads healthy. You might be able to achieve these T levels with just HCG + AI at moderate doses and that would avoid any oils altogether. Bloods needed to know, obviously.

If you go the oils route, you may still need an AI to keep E2 in a good range. And HCG to avoid atrophy and possible elevated cancer risk... same as with E2 getting out of control. That's why I suggest HCG + AI first since they're smart to use regardless of pinning T or not.

Definitely get labs first for baseline, as you're planning already. Then if pinning something like sustanon every 2 wks, get labs one day after pin and then right before your next pin... then you'll know the hormonal swings between pins and whether it's smooth enough or if you should do half the dose twice as often instead.
    I found this: https://www.healthlabs.com/fsh-lh-test

Have you any thoughts on these guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

They have a total testosterone test too for like 49 bucks. They offer a complete male hormone panel test but it's like almost$300 big ones! Here is link to the TT test: https://www.healthlabs.com/testosterone-testing-total

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

I think a total testosterone test only should suffice as a preliminary for a baseline. How long into TRT should I get additional lab work and should that be more than simply total testosterone and if so what all should be tested?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Rep Points

For the basic panels it looks much more expensive than the labsmd and privatemdlabs panels.

$49 -- https://www.healthlabs.com/testosterone-testing-total
    $70 ($60 w/ 15% off coupon) -- https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_te...tosterone#1032
    $76 -- https://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?vie...tosterone#2234

I wouldn't bother with the $49 panel since it gives you almost nothing.