REAL Bodybuilding Talk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,065 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Procard View Post
    Obsessing over every little detail of their training and diet. Obsessing over every little detail of their drug program. Not putting enough effort into their training. Even during contest prep I don't count anything except maybe protein. Constantly reviewing all the above thinking that this change or that change is not going to put you on track to become champion.

I see picks of guys on this forum running tons of gear and they barely look like they train.

After 43 years in this sport (17 competitions and I have prepped man more) I can tell you this: The guys that are good, high level amateur and pros, they find what work and stick with it. They are an ape in the gym and then a rat on a treadmill. Many are dumb as a rock but they have someone like me running the details of their drug program.

I don't eat 6 meals a day. I don't eat breakfast. I don't go to bed hungry. I don't pound carbs/protein immediately after training, I eat a big meal an hour later. I stay 9% body fat year 'round.

On the other hand, I train like a raped ape. Vey few people train hard, and that is where they fail. Steroids, food....none of that matter if I am not training (and recovering) with maximum intensity.
    you contradicted yourself not only in this post but in post that you made in the past. Itís like we never know what personality of you will pop up. Iíve seen you preach big cycles and then a couple weeks later minimal compounds Iíve also seen you preach dying to ski but now youíre saying it doesnít matter The only thing youíve been consistent on is saying how awesome you are and how you donít count macros. What exactly have you accomplished in your bodybuilding career? The way you speak one would have to think your a Middle tier to top level competitor but youíve said your self you suck at bodybuilding so itís all just kinda confusing and comes off as your just delusional training a few local guys in your area at best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,065 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRACK View Post
    Just listen to the YouTube video in your vehicle? If you can listen to pocasts, you can listen to youtube.
    I do this every morning on my drive to work and home which is about 30min both ways. Itís as simple as finding a video I want to listen to and playing it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,065 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I don't think that's what he's saying. He might be able to eat whatever but most of us, no matter how hard you train, can't.

The point I think he's making, and I agree with it, without the training, nothing else matters. It facilitates the growth and userls the food. That's why I prioritize training first and nutrition second but, it's close.
    Iíd have to say they are really equal as well as sleep and drugs. If you train like an animal but eat like a teenage boy who plays video games all night you wonít get much out of it unless you have amazing genetics. If your diet is on point but you slack in the gym same results. Being able to slack on one of these four and still look great is solely dependent on genetics and most guys donít have the genetics to do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,065 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    you contradicted yourself not only in this post but in post that you made in the past. Itís like we never know what personality of you will pop up. Iíve seen you preach big cycles and then a couple weeks later minimal compounds Iíve also seen you preach dying to ski but now youíre saying it doesnít matter The only thing youíve been consistent on is saying how awesome you are and how you donít count macros. What exactly have you accomplished in your bodybuilding career? The way you speak one would have to think your a Middle tier to top level competitor but youíve said your self you suck at bodybuilding so itís all just kinda confusing and comes off as your just delusional training a few local guys in your area at best.
    ment to say diet is key but apparently Siri has plans to ski lmao

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,210 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    Iíd have to say they are really equal as well as sleep and drugs. If you train like an animal but eat like a teenage boy who plays video games all night you wonít get much out of it unless you have amazing genetics. If your diet is on point but you slack in the gym same results. Being able to slack on one of these four and still look great is solely dependent on genetics and most guys donít have the genetics to do that
    But they're not equally as important.

Train like shit eat good, gain minimal lean tissue.

Train like a maniac eat good, gain tons of lean tissue.

Train like a maniac eat shit, gain tons of lean tissue and fat.

Train like shit eat like shit, look like shit.

You can't build muscle without the stimulus.

You CAN build muscle on a shitty diet.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    But they're not equally as important.

Train like shit eat good, gain minimal lean tissue.

Train like a maniac eat good, gain tons of lean tissue.

Train like a maniac eat shit, gain tons of lean tissue and fat.

Train like shit eat like shit, look like shit.

You can't build muscle without the stimulus.

You CAN build muscle on a shitty diet.
    So according to your points above, which does procard fall into?

At 9% body fat year round?

ďTrain like a maniac eat good, gain tons of lean tissue.Ē???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,210 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    So according to your points above, which does procard fall into?

At 9% body fat year round?

ďTrain like a maniac eat good, gain tons of lean tissue.Ē???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No because he's on record as not eating that clean all the time.

He also uses very high doses of AAS from what I've seen in his posting history.

I think he's found what works really well for him and does that is all.

Like I said earlier, there are exceptions.