Filtration question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Filtration question

Is it necessary to filter your gear after brewing?

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Rep Points

YES. The whole point of brewing is to make a sterile final product. Using a .2 filter to run you final product through is an absolute must. While not being made in a pharm facility there are chances of contaminating your gear doing homebrew it can be minimized greatly through proper steps. If your just thinking of mixing raws, BA, BB and some GSO then putting that into vials without filtering that is a trip to the ER with an abcess or worse waiting to happen.

Not to talk down but you seem really new to home brewing to ask a question like that. Have you got a rough game plan for your first try? Such as which solvents (in addition to ratios), carrier oil and the simple step by step to make a sterile product into vials? Again not being condescending just asking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    306 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff View Post
    YES. The whole point of brewing is to make a sterile final product. Using a .2 filter to run you final product through is an absolute must. While not being made in a pharm facility there are chances of contaminating your gear doing homebrew it can be minimized greatly through proper steps. If your just thinking of mixing raws, BA, BB and some GSO then putting that into vials without filtering that is a trip to the ER with an abcess or worse waiting to happen.

Not to talk down but you seem really new to home brewing to ask a question like that. Have you got a rough game plan for your first try? Such as which solvents (in addition to ratios), carrier oil and the simple step by step to make a sterile product into vials? Again not being condescending just asking.
    I appreciate responses like this. Someone was bound to smear his nose in shit. And you kindly steer this in the right direction.
    Digital Blowjob voucher in the mail.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ASF : Anabolic Stink Finger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff View Post

This would be my first homebrew. Test E. Simple small batch. I have a recipe to follow, the equipment listed out (vials, etc), and the calculations of oil to powder to BA & BB. I even found a small vacuum pump and a disposable bottle filter with .22 filter. I ask cause I need a confirmation from an experienced brewer. Thank you for your input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by stinkfingerdelux View Post
    I appreciate responses like this. Someone was bound to smear his nose in shit. And you kindly steer this in the right direction.
    Digital Blowjob voucher in the mail.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    As long as it's male only like my massages. I didn't join a gay bodybuilding forum for nothing. A tranny might do as long as they a real ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by EMace1987 View Post
    This would be my first homebrew. Test E. Simple small batch. I have a recipe to follow, the equipment listed out (vials, etc), and the calculations of oil to powder to BA & BB. I even found a small vacuum pump and a disposable bottle filter with .22 filter. I ask cause I need a confirmation from an experienced brewer. Thank you for your input.

Sounds like you have it down for your first go around. By small batch I hope maybe at least 200mL with a bottle top. Starting with the basics like test E is a good way to go. Most compounds are pretty easy and straightforward. Some like DHB or injectable orals like winny depot or tren base can get tricky. I consider myself experienced but guys like REHH and BigMills are very experienced as well. Hopefully they chime in and validate. IMO though filtering is the most important step for a good product. Since you have the .22 you should be fine.