• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Sex assault charge dropped against actor Kevin Spacey

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Sex assault charge dropped against actor Kevin Spacey

Prosecutors in Nantucket on Wednesday dropped a felony sexual assault charge against the actor Kevin Spacey, after watching their case against the actor slowly fall apart under scrutiny from Spacey's defense team during months of contentious pre-trial hearings that unfolded in the resort island's lone courtroom.

The decision to drop the charges followed a meeting between the accuser, his parents and prosecutors on Sunday, July 14, following a July 8 hearing in which the alleged victim exercised his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination during a hearing in which he was testifying about his missing cell phone.

"The complaining witness was informed that if he chose to continue to invoke his Fifth Amendment right, the case would not be able to go forward," Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe said in a statement released on Wednesday. "After a further period of reflection privately with his lawyer, the complaining witness elected not to waive his right under the Fifth Amendment."

But the criminal case against Spacey appeared to be plagued nearly from the start by one stunning revelation after another about missteps by the case investigators, the prosecutors and the alleged victim's relatives and civil attorney.

In October, 2017, the young man contacted the Cape and Islands District Attorney's office to allege that 15 months earlier Spacey had plied him with beer and whiskey in July 2016 after the two met at the Club Car bar and restaurant in Nantucket, where the young man had worked that summer as a busboy, and sexually assaulted him.

The alleged victim admitted to authorities from the start that he lied to Spacey about his age, saying he was a 23-year-old college student attending Wake Forest University, when in fact he was an 18-year-old busboy working at the restaurant where he met the actor and sought an autograph for his girlfriend.

The alleged victim told investigators that while Spacey was touching him, he was texting and communicating with his girlfriend and other friends on Snapchat and sent his girlfriend a Snapchat video of Spacey groping him, according to the criminal complaint.

He alleged the inappropriate touching of his genitals continued for about three minutes, according to the complaint. Those texts and videos have been a key focus of heated, pre-trial courtroom debates during previous hearings in the case.

In January, authorities charged Spacey with a single felony count of indecent assault and battery.

But over the course of months of pre-trial hearings, it emerged that the mother of Spacey's accuser had deleted potentially exculpatory data from her son's cell phone before turning it over to police, and that the lead investigator in the case did not file a report stating the mother's voluntary admission until just last month -- in June, 2019 -- more than three years after the alleged encounter.

When Spacey's defense team learned of these developments last month, they sought from the judge in the case and were granted direct access to the accuser's phone.

Defense attorneys, who compared the results of the state's forensic examination of the phone with screenshots of the group chat conversation from that night that the accuser had texted to investigators, concluded that key parts of those conversations had been deleted before the phone was turned over to investigators.

A civil attorney for the accuser then informed the court that the phone had apparently been irretrievably lost -- and even questioned whether police returned the device to the family at all after the government completed its forensic exam of the device's contents.

The accuser appeared in court earlier this month and took the witness stand on orders from the judge to explain what happened to the phone. He testified he did not report the alleged assault to police for 15 months, in October, 2017, rather than the three months prosecutors had been contending since filing charges against the actor in January. The lead investigator in the case testified later that day under questioning from Spacey's defense attorney that the one-year difference was the result of a "typo," and a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office acknowledged the error, for the first time, in response to queries from ABC News.

He also testified that he had turned the phone back over to the accuser's family a few weeks after obtaining it. But the accuser's father went on to testify that he doesn't recall ever receiving the device back, prompting the lead investigator to acknowledge that he was "remiss" and failed to get a signed receipt confirming the return of the phone.

But part of the way through the accuser's July 8 testimony, during questioning from Spacey defense attorney Alan Jackson, a recess was called after the accuser was asked whether he was aware that it's a crime to delete potentially exculpatory data from a piece of evidence in a criminal probe. He said on the stand that he had not been aware of that.

During the recess, the accuser informed the judge through a representative that he had decided to invoke his Fifth Amendment right to protect himself against self-incrimination -- and declined further testimony. That prompted Barrett to order the accuser's testimony stricken from the record.

That led Jackson to demand of Nantucket District Court Judge Thomas Barrett that the case be dismissed on the spot. An assistant district attorney asked for a week to confer with his office.

"This entire case is completely compromised" by the accuser's decision to take the Fifth, Jackson told Barrett. "He's the sole witness than can establish the circumstances of his allegation."

Barrett declined to immediately dismiss the charge, but acknowledged from the bench that "without [the accuser's testimony], the Commonwealth will have a tough row to hoe," adding that it remained unclear whether the case would "continue or collapse" without the testimony of the accuser himself.

Then last month, in the middle of the criminal proceedings, the accuser filed a civil lawsuit against Spacey, a move that confounded legal experts who spoke to ABC News and further jeopardizing the criminal case. The civil lawsuit was withdrawn weeks later.

In Oct. 2017, actor Anthony Rapp claimed in a BuzzFeed interview that Spacey made sexual advances towards him at a party in 1986 when he was 14 and Spacey was 26.

When the story was made public, Spacey posted a statement on Twitter saying he is "beyond horrified" by the story, but doesn't remember the encounter. He went on to say he was examining himself and now chooses "to [openly] live as a gay man."

Rapp's allegation prompted a flood of similar allegations against the actor for groping and other inappropriate behavior over the course of his long career, but to date no other charges beside the now-dropped Nantucket charge have been filed against him.

The accuser's mother, Heather Unruh, is a former longtime New England television anchor at ABC News affiliate WCVB in Boston.

The young man's civil attorney, Mitchell Garabedian, issued a brief statement following the announcement of the dropping of the criminal charge.

"My client and his family have shown an enormous amount of courage under difficult circumstances," Garabedian said in the statement. "I have no further comment at this time."

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/US/sex-assault-charges-dropped-actor-kevin-spacey/story?id=64399529

Attachments

• spacey-5-ap-er-190107_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg
    spacey-5-ap-er-190107_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 67
Thought that was going to happen, sounded like a bullshit charge anyway.

Too late for his reputation. He was fired from everything he was working on at the time, including House of Cards, which was a completely shitty show without him on it.

An accusation is all it takes these days to ruin a person.

Too late for his reputation. He was fired from everything he was working on at the time, including House of Cards, which was a completely shitty show without him on it.

He is not ruined, nobody cares about this shit, it was a dumb asshole looking for a payday and things did not work out for him.

Everyone realizes now that there are so many people looking for a quick paycheck it’s a shame there’s so much of this going on now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#metoo went too far. Lots of rapists and hardcore creeps ensnared in it (Weinstein, Cosby), but some basically innocent schmucks as well. Louis C K, Aziz Ansari, and so on.

Not sure of Spacey even if he beat this particular rap but he was a hella talented dude. The Usual Suspects...

House of Cards, LA Confidential, American Beauty and Seven also very good
#metoo went too far. Lots of rapists and hardcore creeps ensnared in it (Weinstein, Cosby), but some basically innocent schmucks as well. Louis C K, Aziz Ansari, and so on.

Not sure of Spacey even if he beat this particular rap but he was a hella talented dude. The Usual Suspects...

Last edited:
Pretty sure these charges were dropped so they can proceed on more severe charges stemming from the Epstein stuff. Spacey is in Epstein's black book and there are some stories swirling around about this, even from hollywood insiders.

IML Gear Cream!
He's a weird dude...I have a friend that worked at a vey nice hotel here in the bay area and said he is not even allowed to stay there anymore because they caught him twice jacking off in the hot tub.

Woah woah woah. Louis C K was not basically innocent. What he did was disgusting and downright creepy. I'm not saying he should be grouped with rapists but come on man, what he did was wrong and no where near "innocent".

Woah woah woah. Louis C K was not basically innocent. What he did was disgusting and downright creepy. I'm not saying he should be grouped with rapists but come on man, what he did was wrong and no where near "innocent".

But he got permission first. That’s gotta count for something.

I dated this Mexican for awhile. I used to finish myself off on her butt cheeks. She told me it offended her when I did because she felt like she wasn’t good enough to finish me off herself. I explained that Mexican chics have babies like rabbits and I didn’t want any more kids. She then gave me permission. Lol

Spacey is a case of what he portrays on TV and real life are way different. That kid was looking for a payday for sure. He and his mom deleted certain portions of the text messages and then suddenly couldn't find the phone yeah right. Funny how he was being cross examined and then his attorneys asked for a recess and magically he comes back and starts pleading the fifth. No way that kid didn't know that deleting those tet messages was wrong. Even his news anchor mom new that part of the conversation would hurt there case and she deleted it as well. Spacey is definitely weird but I doubt he molested this kid.

Are we talking about the hotel room incident w/ the two chick comediennes? Where he announced what he was going to do (jack off), removed his clothing (slowly... the dude is not young, athletic, nor even remotely fit) and proceeded to follow through, at no time coercing, threatening, or imprisoning the two women who nonetheless sat on his bed holding each other and screaming?

That's the sort of fainting-couch "feminism" that embarrasses most women I know, and hurts the cause of gender equality.

We might think he's a creepy kink but then we're just kink shaming at this point. I've known many women with crazy kinks including an appetite for group sex, and we know from studies that the majority (60%+) of women have rape fantasies (tho many never tell their partners), so this isn't a productive path to go down unless we're trying to put EVERYONE back in some 50's puritanical cage.

If you're talking about another incident, then I dunno. I only read about that one event.

Are we talking about the hotel room incident w/ the two chick comediennes? Where he announced what he was going to do (jack off), removed his clothing (slowly... the dude is not young, athletic, nor even remotely fit) and proceeded to follow through, at no time coercing, threatening, or imprisoning the two women who nonetheless sat on his bed holding each other and screaming?

That's the sort of fainting-couch "feminism" that embarrasses most women I know, and hurts the cause of gender equality.

We might think he's a creepy kink but then we're just kink shaming at this point. I've known many women with crazy kinks including an appetite for group sex, and we know from studies that the majority (60%+) of women have rape fantasies (tho many never tell their partners), so this isn't a productive path to go down unless we're trying to put EVERYONE back in some 50's puritanical cage.

If you're talking about another incident, then I dunno. I only read about that one event.

Look you're just strawmanning me about kink shaming him. He didnt go hire a prostitute, some dating website, pick up a chick at the club/bar, ect. He asked people that were not his equals and that was for a reason.

It has nothing to do with feminism, and more to do with the fact with his status and power in context. Again, I'm not saying he should be lumped in with rapists but to put woman in that position is just down right wrong. I would feel the same way if a woman was taking advantage of her status in this way as well. This is basic power dynamics 101. Especially when it's such a cut throat industry.

Look you're just strawmanning me about kink shaming him. He didnt go hire a prostitute, some dating website, pick up a chick at the club/bar, ect. He asked people that were not his equals and that was for a reason.

It has nothing to do with feminism, and more to do with the fact with his status and power in context. Again, I'm not saying he should be lumped in with rapists but to put woman in that position is just down right wrong. I would feel the same way if a woman was taking advantage of her status in this way as well. This is basic power dynamics 101. Especially when it's such a cut throat industry.

The problem I have with the "power dynamics" angle is that he had no real power over the women beyond his fame. Where do you draw the lines? If fame by itself is power, does that make any sexual advance by any rock star or movie star on a non-star a crime? It's an absurdly slippery slope imo.

I read the whole account of Louis CK's "crime" and just got disgusted with the women. And I've never seen Louis CK in anything so I previously didn't give a shit. But... those women could've said "no" right when he said OUT LOUD that he was going to undress and jack off in front of them, or simply LEFT THE ROOM, or done those things at any point in the next 5-10 minutes. And didn't. Because they were cowed by his power? His potential to give them jobs? His liking them or not? Or because they were hyper-fragile infantile females unable to make their own choices? Blah. We'll need an ocean of morality police clogging up all the bars and clubs and maybe even hotel rooms in this country to prevent "power-imbalanced" flirting if we keep going this route.

You say it's nothing to do with feminism and would equally apply if a woman did the same. So, imagine the whole scene with genders reversed. It's a famous comedienne doing a get-naked-and-masturbate act, unexpected but pre-announced, in front of two young male starlets on the bed, and the males start screaming and hugging each other in "terror". But they never stay, "No, stop, you atrocious woman you!" nor leave until a long while later. You'd advocate that the comedienne be outcast from the industry as Louis CK was? Hm.

The problem I have with the "power dynamics" angle is that he had no real power over the women beyond his fame. Where do you draw the lines? If fame by itself is power, does that make any sexual advance by any rock star or movie star on a non-star a crime? It's an absurdly slippery slope imo.

I read the whole account of Louis CK's "crime" and just got disgusted with the women. And I've never seen Louis CK in anything so I previously didn't give a shit. But... those women could've said "no" right when he said OUT LOUD that he was going to undress and jack off in front of them, or simply LEFT THE ROOM, or done those things at any point in the next 5-10 minutes. And didn't. Because they were cowed by his power? His potential to give them jobs? His liking them or not? Or because they were hyper-fragile infantile females unable to make their own choices? Blah. We'll need an ocean of morality police clogging up all the bars and clubs and maybe even hotel rooms in this country to prevent "power-imbalanced" flirting if we keep going this route.

You say it's nothing to do with feminism and would equally apply if a woman did the same. So, imagine the whole scene with genders reversed. It's a famous comedienne doing a get-naked-and-masturbate act, unexpected but pre-announced, in front of two young male starlets on the bed, and the males start screaming and hugging each other in "terror". But they never stay, "No, stop, you atrocious woman you!" nor leave until a long while later. You'd advocate that the comedienne be outcast from the industry as Louis CK was? Hm.

Huh? You realize these woman worked in the same business as him right? So it's not just about "fame". His "sexual advance", in a hotel room, to his inferiors, and in person, all this was obviously done in this way for a inclination to put pressure on the people involved.

To address your second paragraph you should read into sexual assault victim physcology cases because YOU may THINK you can make the clear decision of what you want but the mind doesnt always work that way. Flight or fight. I'm not trying to insult you but it's just so clear to me that you are taking some ideological stance because of the over reaction of the metoo movement and a few cases where woman are playing victim when they're not.

Third paragraph, again your totally strawmaning me. The woman did not act like the men in your terrible analogy of a situation. Plus, man do have an advantage in this situation by being stronger and bigger, so their response will be easier to formulate in the right direction. And let's say this did happen.. FUCK YES that woman should have repercussions in that situation.

Seriously just imagine being a 5ft female 120lbs, while a 6 foot 200lbs grown man starts doing this. How the hell docthey know what would happen if they said no? You're apparently so trusting of the guy in this situation when, who is the gender to most likely get raped here? Yeah.

And if you put words in my mouth one more damn time, I'm not going to continue this conversations because you dont care about what's right you care about arguing against political agendas. I never said louis should not ever perform again ect. He did what I think was perfectly right for him to do and I'm in the side that at some point there needs to be forgiveness especially considering his remorse and sincere apology. Not to mention he stopped doing his career for while for it too.

So if we continue this conversation please talk to me like I'm a critical and intelligent person, sure with biases like everyone, but trys to recognize that like everyone should, to make the right decisions.

Get Shredded!
I think you're over-reacting, but hey maybe I'm missing something. Still listening. What you're calling "strawmanning" is a legit concern, but look at my quote two posts ago:

"We might think he's a creepy kink but then we're just kink shaming at this point."

Then you took that as a personal strawman attack, as if I'd said "You might think... then you're just..." But I didn't say that. I'm talking about all of us. Be careful about taking everything personally.

A HUGE part of the condemnation of Louis was his kink -- masturbating in front of chicks. Just look at the media stories. Take out the kink and the story disappears. What if he'd said, instead, "Hey girls let's get naked and have sex!" and then began taking off his clothes? Still a story? Would those delicate women still say nothing and just hug each other screaming? Or more reasonably say "Fuck off!" and just leave the hotel room, like normal people? It's a hypothetical sure but an important one. And no I'm not strawmanning anyone, it's a legit question. If the kink is irrelevant to you then this hypothetical situation should have you equally incensed at Louis, no? ANY sort of sexual come-on is an offense... simply because they're "inferiors" in the comedy business?

I think that's radically over-protective. And that could be the core of our disagreement.

Funny thing is, I spent most of my life being one of those uber-woke hyper-feminist dudes (not that that's you) who agreed with everything you've written here in this thread. It's a belief system that leads to: "We have to see women in a victim role always, and men are always at fault." I was raised that way and it kinda fucked me up. I still believe gender equality is absolutely the answer but about ten years ago I woke up out of that "woke" delusion and see now that women need to step up to the same responsibilities as men. Period. Otherwise they'll never have equality. You can't always be a victim and also be equal. And many women really work that victim angle for manipulative purposes (just ask em, they'll often fess up about it). Real victimization exists, sure, and needs to be stamped out, but every situation has to be evaluated on its merits.

I'd be interested in your opinion of the Aziz Ansari scandal as well. Is it basically the same? Or if not, why?

https://quillette.com/2019/02/28/the-aziz-ansari-paradox/

True story ...

i was accused of rape after having consensual sober sex with an adult woman after her boyfriend found out she was a cheater and I wouldn’t date her..

luckily I saved emails.

a lot of women are insecure enough to believe they have no ‘power’. It’s bullshit. CK Louis is a weirdo for sure but those bitches weren’t tied up... ya got feet, use them.

Back