Purity Source Labs

🏁🏁 Hot-Rod contest 🏁🏁 Post your ride and WIN!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Rep Points

“That’s just who you are, who you are, baby”

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post

here is the winner!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Tall deck. That mercury is such a sleeper. I bet youve surprised many people with that car before. Nice toys bro.
    Yes sir. You're exactly right. There were so many traffic lights where I had Mustang boys on side of me, and I smoked em with that car, only to have them roll down their window at the next traffic light with their mouth litterally hanging open in utter amazement, and then saying to me: "what the heck did you do to that thing???? That never got old even though it happened so many times in the 3 1/2 yrs I owned the car. I also smoked a couple 01-02 Z06 Vettes, a number of guys and women in expensive BMW's, and a bunch of Jeep guys too. I don't know what it is about Jeep boys, but several years ago there were so many of them who thought they had something under the hood of their Cherokees, and CJ7's, and none of them would even come close to keeping up with my Marauder once I supercharged it.

And the cops rarely bothered me, because they asll loved that car since it looked like a black cop car with 18" mag wheels and chrome exhaust tips. I never wanted to make people think I was a cop though. I was never some cop-wanna-be with a corny spot-light mounted on the door. And that's why I really liked it when I installed the exhaust headers and hi-perf Magnaflow mufflers on the car, because then the car no longer sounded like a cop car, and I would just need to hit the gas and let off for people around me to hear the growl of the exhaust, and then they would know it wasn't a cop car. The supercharger made very little whine noise, so it was very stealth, which also allowed me to surprise many other hot rodders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Last edited by Tall Deck; 07-11-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    here is the winner!!
    Thanks! That’s my baby!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

I have a video of Mrs stink blowing me in the winter. When she picks her head up.. My pecker is steaming... Does this count as a hot rod... If so I'll enter this contest and show yall the steamfingerdeluxe
    ASF : Anabolic Stink Finger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    This is my 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS. Sorry, but it's difficult for me to just choose one pic to show you. I hope you guys enjoy these pics I've chosen to post here. I've been working on this for years now. I installed the engine and the entire drive train myself using the lift and hoist my brother has in his home garage. I had a body shop paint the car and do the body work. I have it running, but I have to install the master cylinder, brake lines, and the new wiring harness. It runs on pump gasoline, ( 93 octane) and is a naturally aspirated engine 632 cid with 802 HP@6,000 RPM and 775 ft/Lbs torque@4,200 RPM with a Lunati solid roller camshaft and has a Holley Dominator 1050 CFM carb and I have a 3.5" diameter mandrel bent full exhaust system that I'll be installing myself, ( it has open headers right now and is VERY loud).

I have drag radials for street driving and I'll be running bias-ply slicks at the drag strip. The car will run high 9 second quarter mile times on pump gas alone when I get it to the drag strip with the front tires off the ground during the starting line launch, (no nitrous oxide injection needed). I expect to turn 1.3 second 60 foot times with it. I installed an aftermarket Dana 60 rear end, and an aftermarket TH400 transmission with a transbrake for drag strip launching. I had to use a cut-off wheel and a sawzall to cut the top of the front cross member part of the frame to fit the engine in this car to avoid cutting a hole in the factory type stock hood. It's been a lot of work. I'll also be installing a 20 gallon fuel cell inside the trunk which has a built-in electric fuel pump inside the fuel cell which will remain submersed in fuel just like the new factory cars have. I have pictures of every aspect of the build, but if anyone wants to see more, then please ask because I didn't want to overwhelm nor bore anyone here with anymore pics than I've already posted here.
    Damn brother she’s a thing of beauty !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dale.c View Post
    Damn brother she’s a thing of beauty !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It was a body-off-frame restoration, (my first). It's been a lot of work. I've taken a long break from it to persue BBing again after a number of years being away from the GYM. it's real tough for me to do both at the same time and still be able to work eight hours a day.
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 07-11-2019 at 10:44 AM.

EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    This is my 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS. Sorry, but it's difficult for me to just choose one pic to show you. I hope you guys enjoy these pics I've chosen to post here. I've been working on this for years now. I installed the engine and the entire drive train myself using the lift and hoist my brother has in his home garage. I had a body shop paint the car and do the body work. I have it running, but I have to install the master cylinder, brake lines, and the new wiring harness. It runs on pump gasoline, ( 93 octane) and is a naturally aspirated engine 632 cid with 802 HP@6,000 RPM and 775 ft/Lbs torque@4,200 RPM with a Lunati solid roller camshaft and has a Holley Dominator 1050 CFM carb and I have a 3.5" diameter mandrel bent full exhaust system that I'll be installing myself, ( it has open headers right now and is VERY loud).

I have drag radials for street driving and I'll be running bias-ply slicks at the drag strip. The car will run high 9 second quarter mile times on pump gas alone when I get it to the drag strip with the front tires off the ground during the starting line launch, (no nitrous oxide injection needed). I expect to turn 1.3 second 60 foot times with it. I installed an aftermarket Dana 60 rear end, and an aftermarket TH400 transmission with a transbrake for drag strip launching. I had to use a cut-off wheel and a sawzall to cut the top of the front cross member part of the frame to fit the engine in this car to avoid cutting a hole in the factory type stock hood. It's been a lot of work. I'll also be installing a 20 gallon fuel cell inside the trunk which has a built-in electric fuel pump inside the fuel cell which will remain submersed in fuel just like the new factory cars have. I have pictures of every aspect of the build, but if anyone wants to see more, then please ask because I didn't want to overwhelm nor bore anyone here with anymore pics than I've already posted here.
    Bro... This is what I'm talking about!
    Do you have any more pictures of the project? Definitely post-up more man.. this thing is a absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Bro... This is what I'm talking about!
    Do you have any more pictures of the project? Definitely post-up more man.. this thing is a absolutely gorgeous!
    Yes that is what I thought you were talking about. After all, you DID say "classic" "muscle" cars. I appreciate your interest. I have lots of pics. Here are some more here. I have plenty more also. So if you, (or anyone else) have any curiosity, interest, or requests of specific stages of the restoration, or modification stages of this particular build of mine, which are not displayed in these pics here that I've posted so far, then please feel free to make mention of exactly what you want to see....

I bought the car as a "roller" meaning it had no engine, no trans, but merely an old beat-up factory stock GM 12 bolt rear end axle housing. It had some beat-up ugly white paint with orange/red racing stripes that were a real eye sore......but I had already had it all planned out, that the body would come off of the frame, the frame would be checked closely for any cracks, or rot, it would then be sandblasted, and painted....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 07-11-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Through sandblasting, the frame was completely cleaned off to remove all surface rust, and old paint. The frame was in fantastic shape. It had no rotted holes in it at all, which really surprised me since it was the original factory frame which was 40 years old. But this is exactly what I was looking for, because I had already purchased the 800 HP pump gas engine, and I knew exactly what level of power that would be under the hood of this car, and I knew that with that level of power and torque going through the drive train and suspension, it would require a strong frame that wouldn't twist up like a pretzel when I hit the go pedal, (especially at the drag strip starting line).

After they sandblasted the frame, I specified that the frame rail "C" channels be "boxed-in" by welding on extra pieces of mild steel to stiffen up the frame in key places to reduce frame flex. And after that was accomplished, the frame was painted, and new body mounts were installed onto it.
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 07-11-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

As I said, I had already chosen the BIG Block engine that I was going to use for this street/strip project car. He is that engine in these pics. 632 CID (that's 10.3L engine displacement for you metric boys) 4.600" bore, and 4.75" stroke, a "Tall Deck" iron block, with aluminum cylinder heads, featuring 2.30" diameter stainless steel intake valves, 350cc intake ports, 1.7:1 ratio roller rocker arms, and stud girdles. It has a Lunati solid roller camshaft, ( .705"/.708" lift, and 268"/271" duration@.050 lift).

Forged steel Callies crankshaft, Eagle H-beam forged steel connecting rods with L-19 cap bolts, and forged aluminum Mahle flat top pistons which yield a pump-gas friendly 10.5:1 compression ratio. It has an aluminum single plane 4500 Dominator intake manifold, and a 1050 CFM AED Holley Dominator carb...
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 07-11-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Lemme try this again, (engine pics)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

OK, as some of you may know, the largest engine these cars came with from the factory in 1970, were 454 CID which had a 4.00" stroke crankshaft and a standard big block deck height of 9.8" however, this engine has a Tall deck block which has a deck height of 10.2" and a crankshaft stroke of 4.75" which along with a 4.600" bore allows an engine displacement of 632 CID. BUT, the larger 4.75" stroke of the crankshaft, requires the depth of the front of the oil pan, (NOT the sump of the pan, but the front which covers the crankshaft) to be deeper/taller than that required by the factory stock 454 CID 4.00 stroke crankshaft.

Why am I telling you this??? Because this was preventing me from being able to lower the engine down all the way into the engine compartment enough so that i could bolt the engine block by the motor mounts onto the frame of the car, since the front of the oil pan was already bottoming out on top of the front cross member of the frame.

The before and after pictures below show what I had to do to fit this engine in this 1970 Chevy Chevelle of mine. I had to cut out part of the frame. I made the first cuts with an air powered cut-off wheel tool hooked to the air compressor, and then I finished the cutting with a Sawzall reciprocating saw using a bi-metal blade. I drew some lines on the frame cross member with a black marker beforehand to guide my cuts, and they came out pretty straight. You'll see how good and rust-free the inside of the frame is after I cut the piece off the top.

I don't have any welding experience, so I paid someone who does welding work on the side, to come out to where I have the car, and weld four mild steel pieces which I had cut out of a 1/4" thick mild steel sheet that I bought from a local steel place. So the end result was a 1/2" reduction in the frame cross member height, (which is all I needed for oil pan clearence) and restored and surpassed the original strength of the frame in that area.....
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 07-12-2019 at 01:12 AM.

P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts
    Rep Points

​This is just for fun obviously. I was never a big car guy but my step father was. These are some cars I grew up having in my garage. Here are some of his collectibles/projects. He has several more stashed away in storage units/rental properties. This doesn't even include his bikes, boats, and other toys...