EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,942 Posts
    Rep Points

A different life....

Some say; letting go has nothing to do with "quitting".. I call BS, quitting is quitting.. Ask yourself this "Am I sticking it out or am I staying stuck?".. These are the defining moments that ultimately decide if you're quitting or if you should change things up so you can continuously stay with the grind while seeking improves in your route and mindset.. Here's something I truly beg of you to think about and digest.. Seriously...Ready?

"You're always one decision away from a totally different life!"

If you give in and quit your goal, your life will change and if you stick it the hell out, your life will also change..At the very end the one thing that you will have in common with those decisions, is the mere fact that you will have a totally different life with either one.. Which life do YOU WANT?

When you read this, I want you to think about what decision you need to make in order to have a whole different life..

Being fat or skinny is hard on us and so is being jerked, that shit does not come easy.. Pick your hard that will ultimately be your different life..

Just some thoughts before I go to bed and I wanted to share them with you my brothers and sisters..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,289 Posts
    Rep Points

One decision away from a different outcome... I like the quote. Truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    695 Posts
    Rep Points

Total truth. Something I preached to the kids all the time. Applies to everything we do in life.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts
    Rep Points

"Quitting while your ahead, is not the same as quitting."

EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,942 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    "Quitting while your ahead, is not the same as quitting."
    Do you believe that "quitting while you're ahead" could apply to the vast majority of people in fitness/body building? Is there no more room for self improvement? Serious question and there is no right or wrong answer, I'm pondering on your statement and where an individual would apply it.. Knowing when to fold them is a bit out of the original context.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,026 Posts
    Rep Points

Knowing when the cost to benefit ratio is at its tipping point for you personally is the same as quitting while your ahead, for me.

I donít have any goals to be huge or stronger, Iím comfortably confidently with my current physical strength and my current physique, however training is a part of my lifestyle, Iíll never stop, lord willing that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Do you believe that "quitting while you're ahead" could apply to the vast majority of people in fitness/body building? Is there no more room for self improvement? Serious question and there is no right or wrong answer, I'm pondering on your statement and where an individual would apply it.. Knowing when to fold them is a bit out of the original context.
    Kinda like an athlete retiring before he gets too old.

In this thing? Maybe a sponsor who makes a ton of money and folds up before he lands in jail. I mean how much is too much or not enough.

As far as self improvement... never quit. Work on being your best self at all times. This will look different at different points in your life, but still the thing to do IMO.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Knowing when the cost to benefit ratio is at its tipping point for you personally is the same as quitting while your ahead, for me.

I donít have any goals to be huge or stronger, Iím comfortably confidently with my current physical strength and my current physique, however training is a part of my lifestyle, Iíll never stop, lord willing that is.

Same here. At 49 I am not looking to smash personal best records on the bench press. Risk of an injury is not worth it for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Some say; letting go has nothing to do with "quitting".. I call BS, quitting is quitting.. Ask yourself this "Am I sticking it out or am I staying stuck?".. These are the defining moments that ultimately decide if you're quitting or if you should change things up so you can continuously stay with the grind while seeking improves in your route and mindset.. Here's something I truly beg of you to think about and digest.. Seriously...Ready?

"You're always one decision away from a totally different life!"

If you give in and quit your goal, your life will change and if you stick it the hell out, your life will also change..At the very end the one thing that you will have in common with those decisions, is the mere fact that you will have a totally different life with either one.. Which life do YOU WANT?

When you read this, I want you to think about what decision you need to make in order to have a whole different life..

Being fat or skinny is hard on us and so is being jerked, that shit does not come easy.. Pick your hard that will ultimately be your different life..

Just some thoughts before I go to bed and I wanted to share them with you my brothers and sisters..
    Brother you hit the nail on the head right here for me !! I just asked my girl to marry me and got the ring and all, big decision and i feel good about the one i made. This applies to many other things going on in my life right now and its just so cool how you started this thread as i am making some big life changing decisions !!! To me if you are going to do something in life you do it all the way and you never quit until youíve reached your goal !! I feel very strongly about this subject and always seem to be the one thatís told Iím bullheaded or to strongly opinionated, i say bulllshit your just weak minded and lazy because you dont have the heart to take the necessary steps to achieve anything in life and never will unless you man up and give it your all and then you will see a positive change !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Life consists of obstacles, but the obstacles are there for our growth, they are what make strong. Thanks for the quote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points

Nice topic V.....................A smart man knows his limits,,but a wise man respects them...It's never easy to say I'm older now and I can't....But it's OK to say I'm not as young and I shouldn't...You know what I mean(you and Tren)...............When I get down(which is more often now),,,I just take a look around at guys half my age...and I'm not down anymore !!!

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    Nice topic V.....................A smart man knows his limits,,but a wise man respects them...It's never easy to say I'm older now and I can't....But it's OK to say I'm not as young and I shouldn't...You know what I mean(you and Tren)...............When I get down(which is more often now),,,I just take a look around at guys half my age...and I'm not down anymore !!!
    Lol. Like that

In life, you work on your character. Improve upon it... we all have things.

Then when life throws you a curve ball, you have strength of character to brave the storm.

Shallow men are like shallow boats, and will never survive the storm.