• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Z Line Log

Sorry monte went a little off the diet with this post workout meal haha red meat with protein plus pasta

Attachments

• 9B0CCF8C-92F1-4102-831B-F6FB9D6DFD78.jpeg
    9B0CCF8C-92F1-4102-831B-F6FB9D6DFD78.jpeg
    631.5 KB · Views: 37
Once you do the m1t do hammer curls hard core, you'll notice a difference real quick
If it wasn't so harsh on the liver I'd run that stuff all the time . You're looking mighty big bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Once you do the m1t do hammer curls hard core, you'll notice a difference real quick
If it wasn't so harsh on the liver I'd run that stuff all the time . You're looking mighty big bro

Ive ran it back like 7 yeaes ago from geneza. Good stuff

Its so hard to find now. Its literally easier to find drugs . You'll get muscle pumps bending over to tie your shoes. Thats the worst part m1t . I didn't get tired or anything.

Ive got lower loading for training tonight and upper pump. It wont mean much but ill throw up some stats tonight.

General question. Anyone else NOT typically include regular barbell squats? Or deads? I honestly dont. Also heard on a recent joe rogan podcast he had a strongman on there rob oberst and he says unless youre training for those lifts specifically theyre pointless. More harm than good

Ive got lower loading for training tonight and upper pump. It wont mean much but ill throw up some stats tonight.

General question. Anyone else NOT typically include regular barbell squats? Or deads? I honestly dont. Also heard on a recent joe rogan podcast he had a strongman on there rob oberst and he says unless youre training for those lifts specifically theyre pointless. More harm than good
I heard the podcast and remembered the deadlift part but not the Squats.

I agree, deads aren't needed. Especially for back thickness which can be had by rack pulls which imo, are more effective and safe.

Squatting isn't the end all be all either. Leverage points, bone length and other factors can make them less then ideal for building legs but, usually they aren't done because of laziness

I heard the podcast and remembered the deadlift part but not the Squats.

I agree, deads aren't needed. Especially for back thickness which can be had by rack pulls which imo, are more effective and safe.

Squatting isn't the end all be all either. Leverage points, bone length and other factors can make them less then ideal for building legs but, usually they aren't done because of laziness
You calling me lazy 😂

Get Shredded!
I do rack pulls instead of deadlifts because deadlifts without fail injure me to the point that I miss weeks in the gym.

I do barbell squats and leg presses and hack squats and stiff legged deadlifts and more, but my legs are embarrassing little twigs. I hate you for your legs . . . :pissed:

Always thought I did a decent job of working my legs out until I started working with monte it’s amazing the difference the wife out of the blue told me the other day wow your legs are really getting bigger haha than I said to myself I just have been beingazy and complacent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do rack pulls instead of deadlifts because deadlifts without fail injure me to the point that I miss weeks in the gym.

I do barbell squats and leg presses and hack squats and stiff legged deadlifts and more, but my legs are embarrassing little twigs. I hate you for your legs . . . :pissed:
Lol man ive seen so many tall or skinny legged people squat so much more than me its embaressing

You know I used to be the same way with deads. Last week I had the hairbrained idea to do them off the floor. Pulled 315 for 5 on two sets after not doing them for like 10 years. I couldn't believe it. Felt so much better than they used to for some reason. Kinda weird. But generally I don't do them off the floor except the last two weeks

You know I used to be the same way with deads. Last week I had the hairbrained idea to do them off the floor. Pulled 315 for 5 on two sets after not doing them for like 10 years. I couldn't believe it. Felt so much better than they used to for some reason. Kinda weird. But generally I don't do them off the floor except the last two weeks
I did that before. Then i was like shit i can do that again the following week. Learned i shud just stay away from the exercise lol

Numbers tonight. Not impressive weight but i like to focus on negatives and keep the movement tight

Machine squat i have to switch up with a hack squat from smith machine
2 sets to 8 on 225
Plate loaded leg press - i actually isolate this per leg. Ive done it ever since using a pendulum at an old gym i went to years ago did this 2 sets
Stiff leg deads - 2 sets to 10 with 60lb DB
Calf raise machine is plate loaded i use 220 for whatever that counts for lol 3 sets here
Wide stance sumo squat with 70lb DB 2 sets to 9

Preacher curl i use a 40lb ez curl bar again slow and steady
Finished with upper pump on a close grip pull down then moving to hammer strength hi row. Hammer stuff is plate loaded stuck to 80lbs each side 2 sets
Incline chest press on machine i keep at 60lb each side and do about 20 for two sets
DB shoulder press facing the seat is hard AF. I only do about a 25lb for 12 lol
Finish with rope extensions squeezing.

Ive always liked to say i train more like jay cutler than ronnie coleman. Its not for everyone but ive never been one to simply move weight.

Good workout brother. How ya feeling ?

Numbers tonight. Not impressive weight but i like to focus on negatives and keep the movement tight

Machine squat i have to switch up with a hack squat from smith machine
2 sets to 8 on 225
Plate loaded leg press - i actually isolate this per leg. Ive done it ever since using a pendulum at an old gym i went to years ago did this 2 sets
Stiff leg deads - 2 sets to 10 with 60lb DB
Calf raise machine is plate loaded i use 220 for whatever that counts for lol 3 sets here
Wide stance sumo squat with 70lb DB 2 sets to 9

Preacher curl i use a 40lb ez curl bar again slow and steady
Finished with upper pump on a close grip pull down then moving to hammer strength hi row. Hammer stuff is plate loaded stuck to 80lbs each side 2 sets
Incline chest press on machine i keep at 60lb each side and do about 20 for two sets
DB shoulder press facing the seat is hard AF. I only do about a 25lb for 12 lol
Finish with rope extensions squeezing.

Ive always liked to say i train more like jay cutler than ronnie coleman. Its not for everyone but ive never been one to simply move weight.

Yo facing the seat for shoulder pressing is incredibly difficult and its def one of those things I wish I knew about a long time ago. Seen Dante Trudel doing that and decided to give it a go. Much more shoulder work that way imo.

I'm def more of a Ronnie Lifter due to my experience being a powerlifter most of my training career. In the minority here but I've always preferred Cutlers physique far more than Ronnies. Tbh I've only liked Ronnie's physique before his 3rd Olympia. I'm prefer more old school I guess. Like Lee Haney era.

Yo facing the seat for shoulder pressing is incredibly difficult and its def one of those things I wish I knew about a long time ago. Seen Dante Trudel doing that and decided to give it a go. Much more shoulder work that way imo.

I'm def more of a Ronnie Lifter due to my experience being a powerlifter most of my training career. In the minority here but I've always preferred Cutlers physique far more than Ronnies. Tbh I've only liked Ronnie's physique before his 3rd Olympia. I'm prefer more old school I guess. Like Lee Haney era.
Yeah i mean dont get me wrong ronnie had an AMAZING physique. But i think everyone responds to different styles. I have some friends who love to move shit like branch warren. But half reps of bicep curls at 60 70lbs aint my
thing lol give me 35 or 30 and ill squeeze the fuck out of it

I personally like heavy as fuck with good form.
I think my basic argument or opinion is its rare to see someone be heavy with form being correct. I myself can curl a 50lb dumbell. But it wont look or feel like how i curl a 30. I think far too many people fail to find the balance you know?

I think my basic argument or opinion is its rare to see someone be heavy with form being correct. I myself can curl a 50lb dumbell. But it wont look or feel like how i curl a 30. I think far too many people fail to find the balance you know?
Absolutely.

The thing about training is, there really isn't a right and wrong way for everyone. That's what makes it so fun.

Take Branch. His form isn't the best but, look what that type of training created..... He's arguably one of the most dense bodybuilders to ever step on stage. It's been shown in research that during exercise, a large portion of muscle damage and fatigue can be caused by suddenly stopping a rep..... Like branch did with his ballistic style of training.

Take Ronnie, I think his form was pretty fucking awesome given the weight he moved but a lot disagree. One thing about his training though, you can see the muscle that's supposed to be working WORKING during his sets. Kai Greene is the same with training back and look at his fucking back lol.

Absolutely.

The thing about training is, there really isn't a right and wrong way for everyone. That's what makes it so fun.

Take Branch. His form isn't the best but, look what that type of training created..... He's arguably one of the most dense bodybuilders to ever step on stage. It's been shown in research that during exercise, a large portion of muscle damage and fatigue can be caused by suddenly stopping a rep..... Like branch did with his ballistic style of training.

Take Ronnie, I think his form was pretty fucking awesome given the weight he moved but a lot disagree. One thing about his training though, you can see the muscle that's supposed to be working WORKING during his sets. Kai Greene is the same with training back and look at his fucking back lol.
Kais fucking weird lol so is hos training methods. I honestly think everything about his life in front of a camera is fake even his training sessions and how he trains

Kais fucking weird lol so is hos training methods. I honestly think everything about his life in front of a camera is fake even his training sessions and how he trains
Oh he's strange but I don't think it's a show lol.

Take a minute and watch him train back where you can see his back.... It's rediculos.

Today was the first day i REALLY noticed an increase in strength. Its like that first time you take something and youre used to pumping out 80’s on incline for 4 and u instantly can do 90s for 8. Thats how i felt today lol

I have always thought that squats and deads specifically are two exercises that the average person does wrong, likely leading to injury, but that with proper technique and common sense they can be done safely.

It seems like you guys are saying this might not be the case.

Honestly I’ll take any excuse to tell deadlifts to fuck off, I hate those bitches, but I can’t not squat.

Any newbs, including my kids, that ask me how to train, I tell em, squat, deadlift, and bench. Learn to do it right, do that exclusively for six months then we can talk.

Now I’m wondering if if this is potentially a mistake.

I have always thought that squats and deads specifically are two exercises that the average person does wrong, likely leading to injury, but that with proper technique and common sense they can be done safely.

It seems like you guys are saying this might not be the case.

Honestly I’ll take any excuse to tell deadlifts to fuck off, I hate those bitches, but I can’t not squat.

Any newbs, including my kids, that ask me how to train, I tell em, squat, deadlift, and bench. Learn to do it right, do that exclusively for six months then we can talk.

Now I’m wondering if if this is potentially a mistake.

The only thing, besides performing the exercise correctly, is that once you start moving up in poundage the risk for injury increases unless, you're keeping reps perfect and there isn't a way to guarantee that on every set, and every rep.

Just comes down to risk vs reward.

Back