• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Army Reserve

Milford King

ASF World Champion
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Do you think it’s a bad move to join the reserves at 33 years old? Been thinking about it a lot. It’s easy to talk shit and take the good things in your life for granted. Always felt like it was wrong of me to not serve my country in some way.

The downside is, I’ll have to complete boot camp with low t cuz I don’t have a script. Also I’ll be losing money. And my marriage will prolly suffer even more. Plus, I admit, I’m not sure if I’m mentally tough enough to leave my young kids behind for boot camp and if I were to get deployed.

the good news is.... they’ll pay a portion of my student loan, possibly all of it and my current employer will
hold my job.

What do you guys think? Am I just paranoid that I’m not giving enough? Am I too much of a bitch to make it anyway? Is it a dumb move with a good job and young kids currently?

Do you think it’s a bad move to join the reserves at 33 years old? Been thinking about it a lot. It’s easy to talk shit and take the good things in your life for granted. Always felt like it was wrong of me to not serve my country in some way.

The downside is, I’ll have to complete boot camp with low t cuz I don’t have a script. Also I’ll be losing money. And my marriage will prolly suffer even more. Plus, I admit, I’m not sure if I’m mentally tough enough to leave my young kids behind for boot camp and if I were to get deployed.

the good news is.... they’ll pay a portion of my student loan, possibly all of it and my current employer will
hold my job.

What do you guys think? Am I just paranoid that I’m not giving enough? Am I too much of a bitch to make it anyway? Is it a dumb move with a good job and young kids currently?

Being a veteran of the US Army I would not recommend this. :nono:

Personally. My opinion. Is you seem to value your family Life. And you seem like a great dude. It'd be a shame to Put at risk what you've accomplished to possibly go active over politicians wars when we the people can't get them to do their jobs. Depending on your job and training. Risk can be reduced. But everything a man does is either for himself or his family. You say your marriage could Suffer. Does this mean this decision is to Benefit yourself.it's a job. And someone's gotta do it. But if you have a job. And a family. It's far different from the hs grad that's lookin to go buck wild n be a man early. I'd hate to see ya go. Cause I enjoy your posts. Selfishly.i decline and offer 5 schmekles to anyone who joins me to keep milf man here at ASF with us.

MortyShellShockedFront.png

Stay milf!

Lol... ok man. Recruiter acting like I already committed but... my pride says do it my brain says fight the good fight from home and keep donating to vets, while raising the youngens and doing what I can. I just feel like a pussy sometimes... everyone in my family served, even my sister haha...

i dunno man it’s a dumb idea but was thinking about it a lot. Thanks for caring stink ❤️

I was regular army and then was in the reserves for a short time....I hated it. Totally different.

When I was in boot camp at 18 y.o. there was a guy about 30. We all thought wtf is he doing here and considered him old.

Perhaps that ship has sailed bro. If you had no commitments and not family, then maybe.

That being said, the Army was great for me. Paid for my college thru the GI bill, and got a va loan for my home. Also figured out my life and put me on my career path. So no regrets.

I think there are other ways to make extra money. As far as the "desire" to serve you country, let the younger guys do that shit. Do your part by being a good american. Raise good children.

hold my job.

Do it! Just remember, the DI's are there to weed out te weak.
Me personally, I'd do the Air Force my second time around.
Good luck!

Sent from my FDA work phone

As others have mentioned, if anything go with air force. Way better treatment and quality of life when doing anything.

I didn't go go basic with kids. Went around 2014-15 and bro, basic was easy af. It's not how it use to be. The worst part is the lack of sleep.

As others have mentioned, if anything go with air force. Way better treatment and quality of life when doing anything.

I didn't go go basic with kids. Went around 2014-15 and bro, basic was easy af. It's not how it use to be. The worst part is the lack of sleep.
Positive side is good food, minimal PT and its pretty laid back

IML Gear Cream!
Lol... ok man. Recruiter acting like I already committed but... my pride says do it my brain says fight the good fight from home and keep donating to vets, while raising the youngens and doing what I can. I just feel like a pussy sometimes... everyone in my family served, even my sister haha...

i dunno man it’s a dumb idea but was thinking about it a lot. Thanks for caring stink ❤️

I've been there. Shit I tried every branch I could get to locally. All swore they can get waivers for my neck tat. Or Small offenses. Had my background check n failed. Lol wouldn't have the stink. Something I always thought I wanted to do. But the more I learned about life n the country n big gov. I felt fool Hearty.
When Ali Dodged the draft. I always admired him being quoted saying, "why should I fight people who never did me wrong for a country who won't fight for me (the blacks)" something along those lines. And we have vets whose Family's struggle Hardcore. The vets themselves. What they go thru and the struggles with the va
It's scary to think of loosing a leg. Then trying to be useful. And yea it's doable. But think how life is hard at times with 2 legs. Fuck can u grab me a soda
I don't wanna Get up. these dudes have that but twice as Bad. For a few years of Service. You stand to risk the future years. Shit knees. Ruff back from the packs they carry. 120 lbs. 30 miles a day they brag.. Yea.. My Knees next Year would Be like Fuck. A daily Routine..
But again milf. This is my selfish opinion as I value your presence here..
Now. Say your all like. Hey guys I might land a gig in the reserves doing logistics. Driving trucks this n that. I'd feel more comfy knowing ur not out there sniffin mortars n shit. Montes post about long term aas the other day. Really did make Me think like wait. I'm 34.baby here in a few weeks. And I really wanna be there. So bad. Forever style.. The other day. In between post u seemed like ur doing yard work. Then coming back n forth. I want that. The responsibility. Being out there. Doing shit for family. Livin the dad life. But the idea to go off now. That it's around the corner. For me would be nah. Cause nothing good comes easy. And I think I finally got what I struggled for. The good part is here.
You know this. So all that effort you've invest into Your family. It's like getting that good part for the hard ones ya went thru. Why leave home when everything we work for is Beneath our feet.
Mother fuckers come to our shores. Then different story. Get at me and let's click up COD style.
Grain of salt. But I'm in your corner either way. I'd just prefer to keep ya state side as long as possible.

Positive side is good food, minimal PT and its pretty laid back

Fuck yeah it is. Talking to my friend that's in the air force about our military careers...it's like night and day.

I remember getting to my first unit and being issued my ACH, IOTV and all the other TA50 gear and my friend goes, wtf why you getting body armor already? You getting deployed?

Lmao. Was like....bro, we actually train in the army. I mean he went 4 years without shooting a weapon after basic. That blew my mind.

Not literally of course

As a veteran myself I’d say it’s not worth it. From what I’ve seen in the past a lot of guys join the reserves because they don’t want to be deployed or away from home for long periods of time and Uncle Sam always would have these ladies and gentlemen strapping up their combat boots and packing up their sea bags right next to us joining along on 6month to 1 year deployments. Your recruiter will swear this never happens and tell you the chances are slim to none. On my first deployment we had 5k people and 1k were reserves on my second deployment we had 5k people and 1k were reserves. They will activate you to active duty in a heart beat the second they need you.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Navy? Navy recruiter says I could up to a 40k sign on bonus, and get half of that upfront. Anyone heard of this?

Don’t be a pussy all your life .

i was regular army and basic was easy but I was also 18 when I went . The student loan payment part would be cool but other than that really no benefit I could see. I don’t know about what they cover as far as medical for the reserves. Hopefully you would never have to deploy with a reserve unit because I would imagine that they wouldn’t know what the fuck they were doing like the national guard .

I've been there. Shit I tried every branch I could get to locally. All swore they can get waivers for my neck tat. Or Small offenses. Had my background check n failed. Lol wouldn't have the stink. Something I always thought I wanted to do. But the more I learned about life n the country n big gov. I felt fool Hearty.
When Ali Dodged the draft. I always admired him being quoted saying, "why should I fight people who never did me wrong for a country who won't fight for me (the blacks)" something along those lines. And we have vets whose Family's struggle Hardcore. The vets themselves. What they go thru and the struggles with the va
It's scary to think of loosing a leg. Then trying to be useful. And yea it's doable. But think how life is hard at times with 2 legs. Fuck can u grab me a soda
I don't wanna Get up. these dudes have that but twice as Bad. For a few years of Service. You stand to risk the future years. Shit knees. Ruff back from the packs they carry. 120 lbs. 30 miles a day they brag.. Yea.. My Knees next Year would Be like Fuck. A daily Routine..
But again milf. This is my selfish opinion as I value your presence here..
Now. Say your all like. Hey guys I might land a gig in the reserves doing logistics. Driving trucks this n that. I'd feel more comfy knowing ur not out there sniffin mortars n shit. Montes post about long term aas the other day. Really did make Me think like wait. I'm 34.baby here in a few weeks. And I really wanna be there. So bad. Forever style.. The other day. In between post u seemed like ur doing yard work. Then coming back n forth. I want that. The responsibility. Being out there. Doing shit for family. Livin the dad life. But the idea to go off now. That it's around the corner. For me would be nah. Cause nothing good comes easy. And I think I finally got what I struggled for. The good part is here.
You know this. So all that effort you've invest into Your family. It's like getting that good part for the hard ones ya went thru. Why leave home when everything we work for is Beneath our feet.
Mother fuckers come to our shores. Then different story. Get at me and let's click up COD style.
Grain of salt. But I'm in your corner either way. I'd just prefer to keep ya state side as long as possible.
you’re a good dude bro... I read that entire post. All the misplaced periods and shoved together paragraphs, I read it all because I think your a good guy. :)

My Brother in law is air force and he loved it enough to retire and stay reserve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we all have our regrets in life... this will prolly be mine. I’d rather go full tilt bozo if I enlist. At this stage in my life it wouldn’t be worth it to go at all. Stink is right, I’m not a young buck no mo, I should learn to enjoy the life I’ve already made for myself.

Its really not that bad. Just an ego thing. I could do it at one time, I’d still like to experience basic training just to do it. Getting my legs blown off, I could do without....

i guess what im trying to say to all you vets out there, I appreciate you guys. You all got balls bigger than mine. :)

sorry about the crayon joke canebrake.

Seriously tho, for all you gear heads that did your part in the armed services, thank you. I don’t think this country is doing enough for those of you that are suffering.

you’re a good dude bro... I read that entire post. All the misplaced periods and shoved together paragraphs, I read it all because I think your a good guy. :)

I know ya hate my shitty periods. It's that time of the month. Thanks for giving me your time milf.

I did two years JROTC. Then another year with the big boys. That's right...ROTC

military life is no joke brother

But the ladies do dig a man in uniform

Get Shredded!
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Navy? Navy recruiter says I could up to a 40k sign on bonus, and get half of that upfront. Anyone heard of this?
select jobs only. Reactor department and spec warfare. Unless your going one of thoes routes you won’t get a dime.

I did two years JROTC. Then another year with the big boys. That's right...ROTC

military life is no joke brother

But the ladies do dig a man in uniform
I see nobody caught my reference to Seattle.

first I would say take the ASVAB and see what they offer you, you may not want to go any further than that but at least you'll know what they say at that point

if you dont have anything going on you can definately learn a trade and build off that, and they pay for college while your in. some dudes get lucky and land a pretty sweet gig but that expirience doesnt equate to shit as a civilian so be sure to pick a good field, medical or technical. at your age it will be harder especially when you get into your field and a 20yo kid outranks you and is your supervisor. But if you can stick it out give it a try. your going to encounter a lot of immaturity and alcoholism but its an experience.

have you completed any college? if you have a 2 year degree you can enter the army as a warrent officer, possibly get in flight training school and be a helicopter pilot

first I would say take the ASVAB and see what they offer you, you may not want to go any further than that but at least you'll know what they say at that point

if you dont have anything going on you can definately learn a trade and build off that, and they pay for college while your in. some dudes get lucky and land a pretty sweet gig but that expirience doesnt equate to shit as a civilian so be sure to pick a good field, medical or technical. at your age it will be harder especially when you get into your field and a 20yo kid outranks you and is your supervisor. But if you can stick it out give it a try. your going to encounter a lot of immaturity and alcoholism but its an experience.

have you completed any college? if you have a 2 year degree you can enter the army as a warrent officer, possibly get in flight training school and be a helicopter pilot
I have a thirty year old cousin who did just this . She has passed warrant officer school and is now in flight school and outranks her e7 husband who has been in ten years .

i scored a 92 on the practice asvab ... I have a 2 yr tech degree in chemical technology... right now I’m making more money and get to be home with my young kids every night. I’m gonna just back up for a bit and tell the recruiter that I’ve reconsidered.

It doesnt make sense to enlist at this stage in my life. I’m closing in on old man status... it was just something that’s always been on my mind. If I had to do it all over again I woulda left after high school. Hind sight is 20/20 indeed....

Back