• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Has Social Media Fucked Us?

Poirot

Swollen Member
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Not web sites like AAS, but Twitter and Facebook has destroyed this country.

Think about the lives and companies its destroyed....

Do you agree or disagree?

Sent from my FDA work phone

Agree.

I recently read an article that claimed that 7/10 divorces happened due to social media. People reconnecting with old friend etc. I don't know how accurate the percentage is, but I wouldn't doubt it. All bad.

- - - Updated - - -

But it does have its good uses also, I suppose. I do not and will not ever have a facebook or anything of the like.

When I got serious with my now wife I decided to get off social media. It always caused drama.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I get tired of my friends constantly posting political rants, just post some pics of your family and let me know your doing well thats all I care about

ASF is as far as my social media goes, I have Facebook for a business I own but pay a media group to see over it. I don’t even know the passwords to log on. Social media has ruined life, it has created an addiction in humans that will take 100 years to correct. The sheeplike people that live on these platforms are zombies that the only words they can ever get to come out of their mouth is..... DID YOU SEE WHATS ON FACEBOOK? Sad excuse of a life.

Last edited:
I agree. It caused a huge problem in my marriage. I don’t trust my wife one goddamn bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its destroyed the country a bit for sure. FB and Twatter are left-wing libtard media machines. Getting people riled up (the lemmings do follow along) filtering out Pubtard/NRA stuff, etc.
MSM outlets do the same. Every person these days is an expert on everything and think they are activists. Pretty embarrassing...

It's a thot revolution and I blame ig

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Social media is the greatest thing to happen when it comes to advertising in my industry. But, i do think it it destroying humanity, its psychologically addictive and its skull fucking everyone. I only have business accounts. ASF is my only personal outlet of social media

IML Gear Cream!
Just a reminder.....you have the choice not to use them. I'm only on FB and it's because I live so far away from my family and friends.

Not web sites like AAS, but Twitter and Facebook has destroyed this country.

Think about the lives and companies its destroyed....

Do you agree or disagree?

Sent from my FDA work phone

Yes, social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) are a cancer on society...no doubt.

Social media is great, how else could I creep on girls without getting a face full of mace

I don’t do Facebook I think it’s stupid but I have a niece who is 32 and is divorced twice and guess what she met both of those guys on Facebook. I think Facebook Instagram are misleading they only post the good pictures the happy pictures to make their lives look like they’re always happy and nothing is wrong but come on now everyone fights everyone gets sad has problems and has bad days I’m not saying put your problems out there but you only see the perfect life’s and a lot of people compares themselves and that can make them feel bad about themselves.

The fake news and false information being spread on social media is causing extreme hate and divisiveness like nothing before in history.

Everywhere you go... no one is in the moment for themselves. It's all about taking a fucking picture to show off to everyone else how fucking cool you are....i am not on Facebook, i am not on Instagram, i will not be diluted and reduced to attention seeking trash.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

When I got serious with my now wife I decided to get off social media. It always caused drama.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
very true, the wife and i don’t even have any social media because of this and I must say i absolutely love not having any social media

I agree. It caused a huge problem in my marriage. I don’t trust my wife one goddamn bit.

A lot of extra martial affairs take place bc of opportunity. Give a woman enough time alone and someone who promises to put the pieces back together and boom..they're gone.

Facebook is great for drama queens.

I don’t do Facebook I think it’s stupid but I have a niece who is 32 and is divorced twice and guess what she met both of those guys on Facebook. I think Facebook Instagram are misleading they only post the good pictures the happy pictures to make their lives look like they’re always happy and nothing is wrong but come on now everyone fights everyone gets sad has problems and has bad days I’m not saying put your problems out there but you only see the perfect life’s and a lot of people compares themselves and that can make them feel bad about themselves.

Everywhere you go... no one is in the moment for themselves. It's all about taking a fucking picture to show off to everyone else how fucking cool you are....i am not on Facebook, i am not on Instagram, i will not be diluted and reduced to attention seeking trash.

I concur with all of the above. 8 years ago, I tried facebook, and after just two weeks, I couldn't stand it anymore, and quit all together. My wife is on facebook, and I hate FB so much, that when we met 7 years ago, and she told me she was on FB, I almost stopped things between us from going anywhere else. But she assured me at the time that it was "just for business" and 3 years later, she was completely caught up with FB, and still remains to be to this day.

We have been married for 3 years, and I've seen our inability to communicate with each other steadily increase. I cannot get her off of her phone. She is like a 50 year old teenager when it comes to FB. Even when we go out to eat, I have to argue with her to stay off of her phone, even during our meal. It's utterly ridiculous. as a result, I don't take her out to eat very often anymore, and she knows why. I also have noticed that her addiction to idiot drama queen TV reality shows, such as "Real housewives", "90 day Fiance", "Little People" and "Dr. Pimple Popper" has increased dramatically. She will even have her phone in her hand while on FB while she watches these idiot shows. It's become difficult to even have a short conversation with her without her being glued to her cell phone. In fact, the only time she readily puts her phone down is when we have sex. Quite frankly, I'm waiting for her addiction with FB to get so bad, that she has to stay on her phone during sex. And that's when I wouldn't even bother anymore. Sorry for the rant. But this is a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited:
Get Shredded!
I concur with all of the above. 8 years ago, I tried facebook, and after just two weeks, I couldn't stand it anymore, and quit all together. My wife is on facebook, and I hate FB so much, that when we met 7 years ago, and she told me she was on FB, I almost stopped things between us from going anywhere else. But she assured me at the time that it was "just for business" and 3 years later, she was completely caught up with FB, and still remains to be to this day.

We have been married for 3 years, and I've seen our inability to communicate with each other steadily increase. I cannot get her off of her phone. She is like a 50 year old teenager when it comes to FB. Even when we go out to eat, I have to argue with her to stay off of her phone, even during our meal. It's utterly ridiculous. as a result, I don't take her out to eat very often anymore, and she knows why. I also have noticed that her addiction to idiot drama queen TV reality shows, such as "Real housewives", "90 day Fiance", "Little People" and "Dr. Pimple Popper" has increased dramatically. She will even have her phone in her hand while on FB while she watches these idiot shows. It's become difficult to even have a short conversation with her without her being glued to her cell phone. In fact, the only time she readily puts her phone down is when we have sex. Quite frankly, I'm waiting fir her addiction with FB to get so bad, that she has to stay on her phone during sex. And that's when I wouldn't even bother anymore. Sorry for the rant. But this is a pet peeve of mine.

Fucking same sir. Wife is constantly on it, when I get close she gets upset like I shouldnt see what shes doing. Well, thats a red flag. She will say that Im always on my phone, which in between taking care of the kids, I am. But its not fb. Im usually researching something. It used to be gearz, conciousness stuff, diet plans, workouts, etc. Not looking up old friends and keeping up with that drama shit. Done with her anyways, just waiting for a good time to do such. Too many issues over the last 2-3 years to keep overlooking but thats for another day.

To OP, yes its fucking everyone up.

She sounds like a winner. What's her name lol

Definitely destroys relationships, Im divorced because of facebook and whore of a wife that stayed on facebook finding old romances and new ones.
Last week a good friend of mine caught his woman sending messages to a guy she was fucking on there. He saix what do I do this is the second time in 2 years. What the fuck is wrong with these girls? They are given a good life and still have to fuck around.
Seriously pisses me off thinking about Facebook. You will see the signs start when they start leaving their phones screen side down and staying on there typing away til you come in the room. Eventually they will text while your in the room but they are just sending emails for work. BS

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wild isn't it? A few weeks back I went to a MLB baseball game. Was a great game, lots of action. I looked around at the crowd and I shit you not, I bet almost half of the crowd were on their phones. The ones closest to me, I could see they were on facebook. I mean, wtf? Here we are at a major league baseball game, tickets aren't cheap, its a beautiful day, action packed game and these clowns have to be on facebook? Blew my effing mind.

Fucking same sir. Wife is constantly on it, when I get close she gets upset like I shouldnt see what shes doing. Well, thats a red flag. She will say that Im always on my phone, which in between taking care of the kids, I am. But its not fb. Im usually researching something. It used to be gearz, conciousness stuff, diet plans, workouts, etc. Not looking up old friends and keeping up with that drama shit. Done with her anyways, just waiting for a good time to do such. Too many issues over the last 2-3 years to keep overlooking but thats for another day.

To OP, yes its fucking everyone up.
Yeah, my wife also says that I'm always on my phone too, but I hardly ever am. That's just an attempt on her part to make a justification. I think it's also very true what Durro said: people on social media only post pics of them having a great time, (even if it's stupid stuff like a picture of their dinner on their plate at a resteraunt) so it's often just a facade that their life is all good/all the time. And then others (like my wife) see that, and think that her life is so terrible with me, even though her life is 5 times better with me than it was when she was alone when I met her, and she was then living by herself in a very tiny condo in a high crime area of the state with people who don't work making noise partying and smoking dope out in the parking lot until 4 am on weekdays.

Last edited:
Wild isn't it? A few weeks back I went to a MLB baseball game. Was a great game, lots of action. I looked around at the crowd and I shit you not, I bet almost half of the crowd were on their phones. The ones closest to me, I could see they were on facebook. I mean, wtf? Here we are at a major league baseball game, tickets aren't cheap, its a beautiful day, action packed game and these clowns have to be on facebook? Blew my effing mind.
Yeah, and I can understand maybe if it were only teenagers, since most of them are completely lost these days anyway, and they're going through an identity crisis. But what blows my mind are the people well into their 40's and 50's who are doing the exact same thing.

Social media has become terrible acrosss the board and I think it’s going to continue to get worse

i stay off of there.
i always think about the distance between people. in alot of fashions, 2 for example being:

i walk into near empty cafeteria of sorts, far across the room is a person, sitting and eating alone.
i go and get my food, and i wonder which path to take and both make me question myself.
Do i go join my fellow human, or find space between us to eat alone.
Personally id prefer to eat alone, but i wonder like what the fuck stink. be civil, its just the 2 of us. go up and say hey, want some company?
why are we avoiding one another, but its most likely because of the conditioning we get in society. its weird to just walk up and join strangers.

Another thing i think about is, in rural farm areas where the land is spread out, the people have more distance, and everything is typically far away. so you dont see them as often as if they were in a duplex next door. you have your space, and get less pissy with people. and when need be. you reach out to each other, more sense of community id imagine.

But consider the inner city, where its so jam packed, your surrounded by so many people you know nothing about and the dangers and risks are multiplied easily. being so cluttered with people you cant trust would naturally make you more cold or bitter, have the ruff edge to keep yourself safe and on guard.

All these things are removed within the social networks. you can see the jerkoff from down the street posting all day and judge argue or mingle all comfortably from your phone or computer chair. see so much more about people thru their accounts and decide if you want these people in your life more. but if you chose not. then you just found ammo not to like them and judge. and as arnold said. it seems it brings more controversy to the table. its easier to find a group and argue against another. though i think social media brings many opportunities for people to communicate, the good comes with the bad, and its used by nearly every half minded person that has access to it. its become a shit show. look at what i ate today. whoops, feet in the sand, didnt mean to. share share share judge judge judge.

theres no more mystery in the world any more. i can see wtf your uncle ronnie did all summer. what he ate ,where he went for vacation, his new car. never met the dude. but i know you and he sees me and sends me a request. next thing you know im replying to stupid bbq pics of some dude half way across the country. fascinating but its fucking weird.

i stay off of there.
i always think about the distance between people. in alot of fashions, 2 for example being:

i walk into near empty cafeteria of sorts, far across the room is a person, sitting and eating alone.
i go and get my food, and i wonder which path to take and both make me question myself.
Do i go join my fellow human, or find space between us to eat alone.
Personally id prefer to eat alone, but i wonder like what the fuck stink. be civil, its just the 2 of us. go up and say hey, want some company?
why are we avoiding one another, but its most likely because of the conditioning we get in society. its weird to just walk up and join strangers.

Another thing i think about is, in rural farm areas where the land is spread out, the people have more distance, and everything is typically far away. so you dont see them as often as if they were in a duplex next door. you have your space, and get less pissy with people. and when need be. you reach out to each other, more sense of community id imagine.

But consider the inner city, where its so jam packed, your surrounded by so many people you know nothing about and the dangers and risks are multiplied easily. being so cluttered with people you cant trust would naturally make you more cold or bitter, have the ruff edge to keep yourself safe and on guard.

All these things are removed within the social networks. you can see the jerkoff from down the street posting all day and judge argue or mingle all comfortably from your phone or computer chair. see so much more about people thru their accounts and decide if you want these people in your life more. but if you chose not. then you just found ammo not to like them and judge. and as arnold said. it seems it brings more controversy to the table. its easier to find a group and argue against another. though i think social media brings many opportunities for people to communicate, the good comes with the bad, and its used by nearly every half minded person that has access to it. its become a shit show. look at what i ate today. whoops, feet in the sand, didnt mean to. share share share judge judge judge.

theres no more mystery in the world any more. i can see wtf your uncle ronnie did all summer. what he ate ,where he went for vacation, his new car. never met the dude. but i know you and he sees me and sends me a request. next thing you know im replying to stupid bbq pics of some dude half way across the country. fascinating but its fucking weird.
The problem is that most people don't even know how to hold a conversation anymore in person, nor do they even try to. Their social skills are no longer there despite the fact that they're all over "social media". They're social cripples without their phone in their hand. It's like seeing a toddler without his/her favorite toy in their hand. They're outside of their comfort zone, out of their element, and very unhappy. It's really pathetic

Back