• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Stop lying to yourself

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For those of you who think that long term AAS use isn't jeprodizing your health, wake up.

Trt is a separate issue and, the jury is still out on wether or not it's harmful long term. I don't believe it is and low test present worse risk for livelihood then above average scores. But, I'm just as blind as anyone else.

I've seen a lot of guys talk about coming off for six weeks before they start their next blast. I've read the large doses, don't want to go back down that road. It's just the overall picture seems convoluted.

I chose to continue AAS and training because aside from my wife and kids, training and helping others is the only thing I love to do. I don't love looking a certain way. I don't love being strong. I just love to diet and train and see how much I can push myself and help others along the way. It's sad that that's the only thing I really love to do but it is what it is.

That might seem silly because I don't need drugs to do those things but, I choose to continue using.... It's really a sickness I admit.

Anyways, I don't believe that One or two cycles a year that use moderate dosing will impact long term health much. You'll have an outlier who strokes out from pre existing conditions.

I really think unless you just don't give a shit, limit your use..... A lot.

This is always in the back of my mind, I see guys in some fb groups passing at an alarming rate. RIP

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

as one of ASF's newer members, i see your posts and replys, and its so helpful, informative, and serious. your dedication to your passion is very clear just by reading... by all means . im not trying to kiss your ass. just let me make my stupid point..

i myself, see you as one of the gurus of the board. (weather you consider yourself that or not)and youll say not. cause your very humble. but with the baby on the way. this is a more recent concern of mine. seeing our top members voice these concerns,or more specifically opinions. in my opinion, is very important. as i feel it helps the newer members like myself,realize the seriousness of this lifestyle, Shit im on blast, knowing theres risk... but im about dem gains n shit, seeing this post honestly made me go, oh yea huh.. cause mentally. i dont want this cycle to be over.. ever.... and ill be back to trt, itching to finally blast off again.. just like ya said.. i dont need to. i want to. and i tell mrs stink.. this is for life... fuck if im selling my son short, the fuck am i thinking . i dont do it for chicks, its for me and my chick. but mainly for me. its helps with my mental status.

but your 100% right.. its our passion and so our duty to justify why its ok for us to use. which blinds the overall picture. our health is it risk if we want to look like gods. were humans.

they say anything in moderation is ok... and im a true believer in this. imagine having telescope eyes, or microscope eyes? nope. were right in the middle.. can see little and big things. not one or the other.. both. too much or too little of any one thing can fuck our lives up. its our responsibility to find the proper middle ground. and thats exactly why i joined ASF... and thats exactly why i make this reply. cause i might have gone on about my day not considering risks im taking. personally, for me this post is important. not to be the boogie man. but a subtle reminder..

what i take away from this,
monte says.... if i want to train forever. then i need to be more honest with myself, and i need ignore my ego and wants.. this is about my needs, and i need to be healthy to keep training, and if i have a stroke . this can all change.
like i said. probly a stupid reply, but i thank you for the wake up call. my first blast, and it seems to have taken over my life, im on here all day learning from you guys. got juice on my mind 18 hours a day. its nuts. moderation stinky ol boy.. moderation. i aint gonna live for ever. but ill outlast yesterdays me.
monte. u have urself a great fuckin night dude. ima get the fuck outta here for the night and go do me.

can you define a lot again? Are you saying you use large amounts because it is a sickness for you but you dont encourage others to use large amounts?
I definitely dont take enough time off when I do but I am older (40s).
Sort of blast and cruise, but a blast for me 700 mg total combined compounds used/week and a cruise is 100 to 200 mg test per week. Do you think this is a major health risk?
For those of you who think that long term AAS use isn't jeprodizing your health, wake up.

Trt is a separate issue and, the jury is still out on wether or not it's harmful long term. I don't believe it is and low test present worse risk for livelihood then above average scores. But, I'm just as blind as anyone else.

I've seen a lot of guys talk about coming off for six weeks before they start their next blast. I've read the large doses, don't want to go back down that road. It's just the overall picture seems convoluted.

I chose to continue AAS and training because aside from my wife and kids, training and helping others is the only thing I love to do. I don't love looking a certain way. I don't love being strong. I just love to diet and train and see how much I can push myself and help others along the way. It's sad that that's the only thing I really love to do but it is what it is.

That might seem silly because I don't need drugs to do those things but, I choose to continue using.... It's really a sickness I admit.

Anyways, I don't believe that One or two cycles a year that use moderate dosing will impact long term health much. You'll have an outlier who strokes out from pre existing conditions.

can you define a lot again? Are you saying you use large amounts because it is a sickness for you but you dont encourage others to use large amounts?
I definitely dont take enough time off when I do but I am older (40s).
Sort of blast and cruise, but a blast for me 700 mg total combined compounds used/week and a cruise is 100 to 200 mg test per week. Do you think this is a major health risk?
I don't consider the amount of AAS I personally use as a lot given my usage history and size. Typically 1-1.5g total per week on a blast. I also have clear cut goals in mind and am rigidly consistent with training and nutrition.

I was speaking more on the lines of guys who are doing this to look good and it's just a hobby not a passion or a way they want to support themselves in the future.

I don't think I would put my life at risk for a hobby.

as one of ASF's newer members, i see your posts and replys, and its so helpful, informative, and serious. your dedication to your passion is very clear just by reading... by all means . im not trying to kiss your ass. just let me make my stupid point..

i myself, see you as one of the gurus of the board. (weather you consider yourself that or not)and youll say not. cause your very humble. but with the baby on the way. this is a more recent concern of mine. seeing our top members voice these concerns,or more specifically opinions. in my opinion, is very important. as i feel it helps the newer members like myself,realize the seriousness of this lifestyle, Shit im on blast, knowing theres risk... but im about dem gains n shit, seeing this post honestly made me go, oh yea huh.. cause mentally. i dont want this cycle to be over.. ever.... and ill be back to trt, itching to finally blast off again.. just like ya said.. i dont need to. i want to. and i tell mrs stink.. this is for life... fuck if im selling my son short, the fuck am i thinking . i dont do it for chicks, its for me and my chick. but mainly for me. its helps with my mental status.

but your 100% right.. its our passion and so our duty to justify why its ok for us to use. which blinds the overall picture. our health is it risk if we want to look like gods. were humans.

they say anything in moderation is ok... and im a true believer in this. imagine having telescope eyes, or microscope eyes? nope. were right in the middle.. can see little and big things. not one or the other.. both. too much or too little of any one thing can fuck our lives up. its our responsibility to find the proper middle ground. and thats exactly why i joined ASF... and thats exactly why i make this reply. cause i might have gone on about my day not considering risks im taking. personally, for me this post is important. not to be the boogie man. but a subtle reminder..

what i take away from this,
monte says.... if i want to train forever. then i need to be more honest with myself, and i need ignore my ego and wants.. this is about my needs, and i need to be healthy to keep training, and if i have a stroke . this can all change.
like i said. probly a stupid reply, but i thank you for the wake up call. my first blast, and it seems to have taken over my life, im on here all day learning from you guys. got juice on my mind 18 hours a day. its nuts. moderation stinky ol boy.. moderation. i aint gonna live for ever. but ill outlast yesterdays me.
monte. u have urself a great fuckin night dude. ima get the fuck outta here for the night and go do me.
You were asking what you could do to help the board.... That reply. Perfect.

You made great observations and the one I think everyone can relate to is the urge to be on. You see progress, you see gainZ, you want more. This in its simplest form is addiction through and through.

I won't ever knock a guy for wanting to be on and being excited cause I was the same way until about a year ago. It gets to the point where you dread to have to take the next shot though cause you've done its thousands of times. It's literally a pain in the ass.

Guys will do what they want cause we all think it won't happen to us or that guys just full of shit or a pussy. I just want people to be aware that it can be deadly in the long term.

Are you trying to convince us or you? If diet and training is all you want out of steroids, then I can think of better reasons.

And in what order do you prioritize? Kids, Wife and then steroids?

Bc if you love your wife and kids first, then why are you sorta putting steroids first when you know it can be a detriment to you?

Not being combative or anything. Just thoughts that popped in my head when reading your post.

Personally for me? I am using above trt levels year round. Maybe a total of 600 to 700 mgs a week. I think ppl of a predisposition to certain conditions and everyone reacts differently to shit...

I am rolling the dice and taking a "calculated" risk at the moment.

The only way to know is through consistent labs. Assuming nutrition, training, cardio (must do to offset health risks) are on point your chances are good. No pre-existing conditions, dosages under a gram, and assuming you are using safer compounds (test, deca, primo, anavar) and you should be healthier than the average person. You need periods either off/pct, or low dosage, say 250 test/week.

Low T is bad for your health, as is low GH. Very bad.

Competitive bodybuilding is extremely dangerous.

Lets get specific: Staying under a gram isn't safe if its a gram of tren. How about this Cycle?

400 test, 200 deca, 400 primo (week). 50 mgs anavar before training, 3-4 times per week. 3 iu's pharm GH 6 days/week. Drop Var after 6 weeks. Drop deca after 10 weeks. Run primo, test, GH 6 more weeks (16 week total).

Are you trying to convince us or you? If diet and training is all you want out of steroids, then I can think of better reasons.

Bc if you love your wife and kids first, then why are you sorta putting steroids first when you know it can be a detriment to you?

Not being combative or anything. Just thoughts that popped in my head when reading your post.

Personally for me? I am using above trt levels year round. Maybe a total of 600 to 700 mgs a week. I think ppl of a predisposition to certain conditions and everyone reacts differently to shit...

Not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just making sure people understand there are risks and to not ignore those risks like most of us do.

I love my wife and kids more then training and AAS of course. I also know the life I lived before I started training, dieting and using AAS. I would be dead much faster that way lol.

The AAS is simply a catalyst to continue living "healthy", be it mental or whatever, and, my usage has reduced dramatically over the past two years or so.

IML Gear Cream!
When I first started on This ride I had a very hard time stopping my cycle. I didn’t have any regard for moderation more is better. I have worked out for 30 years without much gains in my eyes. Now I have help and it’s working. But guilt set in, what if I die or have a stroke now my cycles are very modest.
Great post Montego1 it’s something we all need to think on.

12 weeks TRT (125 mg) 12 weeks mini-blast (250 mg test, 250 mg Deca) is what I like to do. (Two mini-blasts a year).

Only been using since JAN 2016, but 38 years of natty training before that (1978) my muscle is mine. Low doses are king (for me)... Bloods come back perfect.
Dont plan on doing this long as Im getting up there and will just eventually stick with TRT, while bloods are good and Im healthy, Ill try to do this for a couple more years.

Fun...

Also, thank you for bringing up family.

This wasn't something I was thinking about in my original post but, it's a very good point.

i could not agree with this more, in the past year ive lost a friend to a heart attack potentially caused by long long term AAS abuse and another ifbb athlete who underwent open heart surgery from long term aas use/abuse.

these guys are risking a lot and putting a huge strain on their heart and other organs.
having a lean body weight nearly 300lbs as a competitive athlete is a massive strain on the heart, now add in anabolic drugs that directly effect the heart and blood lipids and you have a recipe for disaster, not to mention the amount of food you need to eat in order to maintain that amount of weight, this is also very hard on the body and heart.

I was literally having this conversation today with a doctor.

A matter of fact we were even talking about TRT and PED use.. Even TRT is not as safe as we would like it to be. Just because clinics are popping up all over the place that doesn't mean it's for everyone although it has been a medical treatment for decades now, but it literally is not for everyone because if that was the case literally everyone would be on TRT, and I don't need anyone saying "welp, everyone already is".. because the reality is that doctors are not always making it a go to resort, majority of the cases it's at the patient's request and doctors tried to educate their clients on the potentials and possibilities with health-related issues.. most cases are referrals from a primary physician, and some primary physicians prescribe it, and others go to a clinic that caters around it with a keen observation.

The truth is, our kidneys, lungs/heart (cardiovascular system) and hormones decline as we get older, we are simply aging it is biological, there's a reason why hormones also drop off as well.. it's the due process of life and it's totally natural.. (I'm not talkin about people having an underlying condition needing TRT from an earlier starting point).

TRT and PED use will catch up to everyone at some point, there's going to be a trade-off and no one is impervious.

It's risk vs reward.. and what are we willing to sacrifice and trade.

Considering the environment that I'm in I'm going to make a very unpopular statement but it's the unvarnished truth, PED's can be potentially dangerous. User beware and own it!!!

This is a very serious matter. Most guys will start young thinking they are invincible. Only to eventually find out that their hormones will never be the same, and that coming off of T isn’t an option. In my humble opinion, I believe staying on a normal medical dose of testosterone long term is just what it is. However when you have the guys who choose to run 500mg+ year round alongside various AAS, I think that’s where the medical risks come into play.

In addition to the above statement, the other detrimental factors in users lives play a part... shitty diet, external drug abuse, genetic illnesses, etc.... the medical side of this game is very real. I think it’s mainly a question of “when” said user will run into these issues. For example, Matt porter recently. May god rest his soul.

I was literally having this conversation today with a doctor.

A matter of fact we were even talking about TRT and PED use.. Even TRT is not as safe as we would like it to be. Just because clinics are popping up all over the place that doesn't mean it's for everyone although it has been a medical treatment for decades now, but it literally is not for everyone because if that was the case literally everyone would be on TRT, and I don't need anyone saying "welp, everyone already is".. because the reality is that doctors are not always making it a go to resort, majority of the cases it's at the patient's request and doctors tried to educate their clients on the potentials and possibilities with health-related issues.. most cases are referrals from a primary physician, and some primary physicians prescribe it, and others go to a clinic that caters around it with a keen observation.

The truth is, our kidneys, lungs/heart (cardiovascular system) and hormones decline as we get older, we are simply aging it is biological, there's a reason why hormones also drop off as well.. it's the due process of life and it's totally natural.. (I'm not talkin about people having an underlying condition needing TRT from an earlier starting point).

TRT and PED use will catch up to everyone at some point, there's going to be a trade-off and no one is impervious.

It's risk vs reward.. and what are we willing to sacrifice and trade.

Considering the environment that I'm in I'm going to make a very unpopular statement but it's the unvarnished truth, PED's can be potentially dangerous. User beware and own it!!!
I don't think that would be considered an unpopular statement at all.

I think the community being open and truthful about the risk is a step towards having more conversations about preventative measures and harm reduction. Only good can come of that

I have made it a rule to pretty much stay away from high doses and orals.

Also, I started late. Around 42 years old.

So, I haven't been doing this "long term" the way others might be...

My reason for staying on is the fucking PCT. Takes me about 8 weeks to really get back to any normalcy.

Been thinking about this a lot lately. My recreational AAS use is pure vanity and I know it. It’s something I enjoy and I feel like it benefits my mood but really it has done nothing for me(besides muscle growth and increased confidence) been beat down with injuries so I don’t know how much longer I’m gonna be doing this. I at least need to take a few years off. I don’t know man. I’m a low dose kinda guy but I get freaked out about my future a lot.

Im back and forth, constantly beating myself up over this conundrum.

to poke or not to poke? That is the question....

Fear not! now run along and bury a 3cc barrel of test in your ass :stirthepot:

Get Shredded!
Not much to contribute as of now, just reading the responses and soaking in all the harsh realities.

Thank you for your post Monte, and to all who contributed. It's something we try not to think about, but the truth is we should.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

One of the top TRT docs in the country has dozens and dozens of guys running 400/test/week and they are very healthy. With good labs. After the age of 50 he recommends 350/week. We discussed this at length the other day. My script is for 350. I am older. He was writing a script for a client for more. He has more than 80 publications on the topic. He is one of a few that know what they are doing.

Granted, a lot of docs are incredibly dumb. My ex fiancé' (and 2 e girl friends) loved their patients, but they used hard work and got breaks. Their science was mediocre.

Believe what you want, I will stick with the science. You need detailed analysis of extensive labs to really know. I test everything....everything, full kidney liver. Dropping $4k (my insurance covered 2.5....it was worth it) on a cardiologist was money well spent.

Most of what we think we know is driven by opinion, histrionic mass media, and conjecture. Don right, steroids can be safe.

Now, competitors are running insane amounts. 3, 4, 5 grams and more. Other people also abuse (and don't even look good). Train naturally until your 30's, use wisely, and you can be healthy.

One other thing.....if you use, everything, everything in your life must focus upon training eating, and recovery. No clubs, no drinking, no recs, no painkillers. Sleep, food, work (as long as you earn) EVERYTHING!

Social life is gym, family, and close friends. If something gets in the way, it is out of my life.

Last edited:
One other thing.....if you use, everything, everything in your life must focus upon training eating, and recovery. No clubs, no drinking, no recs, no painkillers. Sleep, food, work (as long as you earn) EVERYTHING!

Social life is gym, family, and close friends.

Where I come from there is no such thing as good friends. Everyone has their own interests in mind, and anyone not involved in the gym life are heavy drinkers, drug users, and backstabbers. (Just my own experiences lol) Family is key

I agree on everything you said, I know far too many AAS users who dabble into far too much shit they have no business dabbling in. Great points procard

All the guys I know/work with/hang with are all very strong family men, especially the martial art guys. They all work, have family time, yet want to spend an hour and a half on the mat and another hour lifting every day. I am constantly fighting with them to take a day off.

They need the gear in order for their body to handle the training volume and are almost all over 35. There is no way they could continue their lifestyle w/out it.

I recently read an article that suggested that long term AAS users possibly even at moderate doses had a higher rate of hardened arteries than non users. If this is so, or even if it is something to consider, which blood test do you do to watch for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The human body is an amazing thing. It can withstand years of abuse...be it from poor diet, smoking, drinking, drug use, etc. But eventually it will catch up with you in some way. Everything in moderation and don't be stupid.

And not to poke too much at Monte's comment about not risking it for a hobby....but... I've known other people who died from their hobbies, like fishing and hunting. You pretty much can't do anything in life without some level of risk. Even doing nothing is a risk. When I leave work, another guy and I regularly make the joke "if I get hit by a bus tonight on the way home, this needs done tomorrow". Enjoy life and be smart about it.

Back