• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Clarkkent's journey to Superman with Montego!

Clarkkent

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey everyone, decided to start a journal so I can track my progress as well as my coach being able to track my progress as well. I am knew to this forum, at least posting on this forum. Been mostly a lurker for a while, doing a lot of research.

I have been lifting for over ten years and recently found out I have low Test on a blood test. Doctor said my natural test was 130. He is doing another test at the end of the month and stated if it is low again he plans on placing me on TRT. I have never taken any supplements other then creatine and protein powder. Been doing mostly high volume based routines for a while.

I decided to start looking into a coach in order to help me through the process of attempting to change my physique. Sick of spinning my wheels and working hard for little to no results in my eyes. I made the decision to hire Montego as my coach, he was one of the best options on the boards and I made the decision to enlist his expertise in my diet, training and supplement recommendations. He will be my coach long term and I am hoping he can get me progressing and adding some mass to my frame.

I already have my diet and training from my coach, I will be starting this log officially on July 1st as that is when I get back from my vacation. I will be posting beginning pictures on June 31'st when I take them for my coach.

Workout program:
This program is made by Montego and Ill post my workouts as I progress. Its an upper/lower type of split focused on pump/intensity and loading.

Nutrition: Lots of food, lol. Montego made my diet fitted to my needs. Most meals will be lots of chicken/rice and added healthy fats and some other goodies. I also get one meal that he has left up to me to decide what to eat and gave my macro breakdowns for this meal. This is due to trying to maintain a balance of diet with my family life as well. Ill be taking and posting pictures of my meals.

Stats: 6 foot, 170 lbs, Bodyfat: not to sure, you be the judge when I post pictures later

Last edited:
Good choice of a coach. Be truthfull with your training and diet with him and you will make positive changes physique wise. Time to get to work. Looking forward to following this. Welcome to ASF.

Last edited:
Good choice of a coach. Be truthfull with your training and diet with him and you will make positive changes physique wise. Time to get to work. Looking forward to following this. Welcome to ASF.

Thanks man, yeah I have no doubt. I don’t half a$$ anything and I’ll be following his advice to the T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice in Coach, he kind of knows what hes doing 😉😉 Time to get to work💪🏻💪🏻

Good choice in Coach, he kind of knows what hes doing Time to get to work

Thanks man, yeah I’ve been lurking in your log and can see the gains you’ve gotten from following his plan and putting in the work. Results speak for themselves.

Thanks man, yeah I’ve been lurking in your log and can see the gains you’ve gotten from following his plan and putting in the work. Results speak for themselves.

Thanks Bro. Youre in good hands.

Quick update

Got blood test results from second test and my test level were 189. Doctor wants me to go on TRT but he wants to do more blood work to ensure their are no underlining health factors causing the low test levels.

I get to see the urologist in 5 weeks and he will be the one to prescribe the TRT treatments. After talking to my coach I decided I’m going to wait to bulk until I speak with my doctors and everything is squared away.

I’m thinking I’m just going to try hard to maintain the muscle I do have and maintain strength and body weight until then. Then I’ll be ready to go with my coach after all this is squared away

Hard to do anything when you have low test, gain muscle or lose fat.

Wow, those numbers are terrible. How old are you?

Only 32. Was feeling pretty tired and fatigued and noticed I was staying the same weight but not as lean. So decided to get tested. First test was 130 and two weeks later was 189.

I felt absolutely terrible at 280. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

I felt absolutely terrible at 280. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

Pretty weak and low drive. Libido is not existent at this point but honestly I don’t let it stop me from doing anything. I guess I’ve felt like this for a while so thought it was normal to feel this way

I officially start the new program and diet tomorrow, I’ll post pics and more information tomorrow but went in today to do the first workout since I started at a new gym and doing new movements. Wanted to get a feel of everything and starting strength.

Upper loading/lower pump

90 sec rest between sets
BB Row: 155x9, 155x8
WG Lat Pulldown: 120x13
BB Bench: 160x8, 155x6
Flat cable Fly: 1 plate x 13
DB seated Military Press: 40x10, 40x8
Dead stop ez bar skull crushers: +40x10, +40x8

Lower pump
30 sec rest
Seated calf raise: 45x17,15,15
Plate loaded leg press: 230x25, 15
Smith machine Romanian split squat: 50x15 each leg
Standing single leg curl: 20x18 each leg
Abductor: 60x25
Ez bar curl: +30x18,15

So I thought I trained hard before but I was wrong. This was an awesome workout but high rep legs with short rest is killer and I can already tell that Montegos plan is really going to show me what I’m made of.

More updates tomorrow

I officially start the new program and diet tomorrow, I’ll post pics and more information tomorrow but went in today to do the first workout since I started at a new gym and doing new movements. Wanted to get a feel of everything and starting strength.

Upper loading/lower pump

90 sec rest between sets

Lower pump
30 sec rest

So I thought I trained hard before but I was wrong. This was an awesome workout but high rep legs with short rest is killer and I can already tell that Montegos plan is really going to show me what I’m made of.

More updates tomorrow

Also want to add I’ve lost a ton of strength since my testosterone has dropped so much so I’m hoping I can get it all back and more. My best prior lips before my testosterone dropped was a 225x3 bench, 335x3 squat and 425x3 deadlift. Not even close now

Officially start the program today.
7/3/19
Starting Weight: 166 lbs

Spent the last couple weeks taking it a little light in the gym and eating what I want for dinners. My diet the last two weeks has focused on protein most of the day with some carbs from milk and popcorn lol. Then at night time I was eating what I wanted for dinner which was either Chinease food, pizza, chicken wings, burgers, fries, basically greasy bad stuff lol. Then before bed I would eat protein and oats plus ice cream. Actually lost a couple pounds doing this. Before starting with Montego I was very much IIFYM type of guy. Montego's plan is much more structured and better eating then what I had been doing which im excited for.

Non Workout day diet:
5 meals per day, higher protein and fats a bit less carbs.

Workout days:
6 meals with more carbs.

Also Montego tailored my plan to me and gave me one meal that just has a macro target and I am able to fit what I want within reason into that one meal. I will say that Montego does not cookie cutter programs and diets but instead ask a ton of questions and tailors it.

Todays is an Off day and tomorrow will be the official first workout

I did post a few pictures, again I have lost a bit of mass and gained some fat due to my testerone levels dropping under 200. My doctor is not sure why my test is so low but he wants me to start on TRT but I am getting the run around. Ill post more about that as I find out.

Well here we go.

Attachments

• IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    506.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    496 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Good luck dude. I'll be following along. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Eat your ass ON more like it... good luck bro. Monte is a good dude, but he can’t put the work in for ya. Looking forward to seeing your results !

Get Shredded!

Upper loading/lower pump

90 sec rest between sets

Lower pump
30 sec rest

More updates tomorrow

Lower pump and lower muscle round days are a killer. Any time I have to do 20-30 reps to failure on muscles that big just kill me. Im useless after ward.

Lower pump and lower muscle round days are a killer. Any time I have to do 20-30 reps to failure on muscles that big just kill me. Im useless after ward.
Yeah man, that burn kills me. I hobble out of the gym on pump days. And upper pump has me sore for days.

08f32c2b3a56bdccc6e9858b2161661e.jpg

680e31195d8aea223d270be94b07d645.jpg

Meal prep is done for the week. And meal 2 which is chicken and rice and almonds, obviously.

Good luck dude. I'll be following along. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks, should be interesting.

Be ready to eat your ass off.

lol, yes sir

Eat your ass ON more like it... good luck bro. Monte is a good dude, but he can’t put the work in for ya. Looking forward to seeing your results !

I hear ya, he sets the plan and I have to put in the work. I can say his workouts are not easy and will take work but as long as I put it in I will be good.

Totally agree, I did the lower pump yesterday and I am feeling it. Tomorrow is upper rounds so this should be fun :)

Yeah man, that burn kills me. I hobble out of the gym on pump days. And upper pump has me sore for days.

Agree, I did not train my calves at all before hiring Montego so to say the least mine are sore.

08f32c2b3a56bdccc6e9858b2161661e.jpg

680e31195d8aea223d270be94b07d645.jpg

Meal prep is done for the week. And meal 2 which is chicken and rice and almonds, obviously.

That chicken looks good. Recipe pls!

Just received my instant pot and looking for ideas. That thing makes cooking a breeze.

That chicken looks good. Recipe pls!

Just received my instant pot and looking for ideas. That thing makes cooking a breeze.

the chicken was cooked on my grill, lol my bad. Seasoned with garlic, pepper and Cajun. It’s money. I do the same thing in my air fryer and it’s just as good if not better. I’m going to try the insta pot next week to see which I like best

Ohhhhhhhhh shiiiiit. Somebody is doing work with the instant pot! Yeeeeeah buddy

heck yeah, I got one this week because I heard you raving about it in your log. It’s awesome, between it and my air fryer meal prep is a breeze. Makes Rice easy

3e95fce5fa439eb5a29ae45221b578cd.jpg

One meal left after this one. This is my macro meal montego gives me to choose what I eat as long as I hit the macros.

Grilled 6 oz 93/7 burger topped with cheese, mushrooms, onions and spicy mustard.
Homemade French fries made from a potato and seasoned and shaken in evoo and air Fried
1 banana

Yummy!

8fe90af2ea0597ec1c8d710790c7e049.jpg
46ccdbef67517c7271347b43f916d538.jpg

Workout day, meal 1
Cinnamon Raisin bagel topped with sludge (1 scoop whey mixed with peanut butter and water)
5 cups of coffee mixed with 1 scoop whey and 2 oz almond milk

Upper intensity in about an hour

Lower Intensity:

Hammer strength squat: 160x15, 170x10 drop 140x5
Standing single leg curl: 50x9 drop 35x5
Leg extension: 120x12 drop 90x5 drop 70x5
Calf demolition:
Standing smith calve raise: +90x10x5 Sets
Superset
Body weight standing calve raise: bwx10x5 Sets

-After talking to my coach I decided on lower intensity today. Does not look like a lot but jeesh it was not easy when going hard. I went to light on hammer squats but never used machine before. I thought I was training close to failure before but honestly trying to push yourself there shows how hard you can actually push. I can tell these workouts are going to teach me true intensity.
Will go heavier next week on most things

I was suppose to do a lying leg curl but my gym only has a standing single leg curl so don’t have many options in that category.

Montego did I do the calve demolition correct? Same weight throughout and than if I get all sets add weight?

Post workout meal coming soon after I finish my treadmill cooldown

Back