• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Beverly Hills becomes first U.S. city to ban tobacco sales

Arnold

🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

The Beverly Hills City Council on Tuesday unanimously voted to make it the first U.S. city to ban the sale of cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes and other tobacco products.

The ban applies to gas stations, pharmacies, convenience and grocery stores, but includes exemptions for hotels and three local cigar lounges. It is set to take effect beginning in 2021.

"Allowing tobacco products to be sold in the city increases access to these harmful and dangerous products and does not promote the city's image as a healthy city," the ordinance reads, CNBC reported.

Local business owners opposed the measure, arguing it would harm sales and could force employee layoffs. Meanwhile public health advocates argued that the benefits to public health outweigh the negative impact a ban could have on retail sales.

Council Member Lili Bosse said the ban aligns with Beverly Hills' image as a healthy city, according to CNBC.

"I thought this was just truly a landmark moment for our city, for our community," she said, according to the report.

Thomas Briant, executive director of the National Association of Tobacco Outlets, said the ban unfairly penalizes local gas stations and convenience stores.

Tobacco products make up more than a third of convenience stores' in-store sales, he said. "When you remove those in-store sales, the profitability is no longer there," he told CBS News. "We believe this will cause convenience stores in Beverly Hills to layoff employees and likely close their doors."

He said the ordinance will force consumers to buy their tobacco products in neighboring towns and cities, where they will also purchase their gasoline, beverages and snacks. "It's going to further reduce sales at convenience stores and that's why you will likely see them close," he said.

The Beverly Hills City Council on Tuesday unanimously voted to make it the first U.S. city to ban the sale of cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes and other tobacco products.

The ban applies to gas stations, pharmacies, convenience and grocery stores, but includes exemptions for hotels and three local cigar lounges. It is set to take effect beginning in 2021.

"Allowing tobacco products to be sold in the city increases access to these harmful and dangerous products and does not promote the city's image as a healthy city," the ordinance reads, CNBC reported.

Local business owners opposed the measure, arguing it would harm sales and could force employee layoffs. Meanwhile public health advocates argued that the benefits to public health outweigh the negative impact a ban could have on retail sales.

Council Member Lili Bosse said the ban aligns with Beverly Hills' image as a healthy city, according to CNBC.

"I thought this was just truly a landmark moment for our city, for our community," she said, according to the report.

Thomas Briant, executive director of the National Association of Tobacco Outlets, said the ban unfairly penalizes local gas stations and convenience stores.

Tobacco products make up more than a third of convenience stores' in-store sales, he said. "When you remove those in-store sales, the profitability is no longer there," he told CBS News. "We believe this will cause convenience stores in Beverly Hills to layoff employees and likely close their doors."

He said the ordinance will force consumers to buy their tobacco products in neighboring towns and cities, where they will also purchase their gasoline, beverages and snacks. "It's going to further reduce sales at convenience stores and that's why you will likely see them close," he said.

This is a strategic way to ensure they do not have mid to low income earners there. If there is no one there to work jobs such as convenient stores, there is no reason to put up affordable housing subsidized by tax payers. This further increases property value. Alex Jones called it. They're putting chemicals in the water to turn the freaking frogs gay.
7c9be9998c64121433195b6724500ca7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Who in their right mind lives in CA anyways? Land of the fruits and nuts.

Who in their right mind lives in CA anyways? Land of the fruits and nuts.

Mostly its made up of transplants from somewhere else. They're more than welcome to head back to whatever freezing cold shithole the came here from !!!

GICH ! :hater:

Lol.... mrs R....look momma .... ya northerners know how to fuck! And we will fuck until you’ve already had enough ... so maybe you should move your pretty ass up north... I promise you, you won’t regret it!

plus ... fuck California !! The gold rush is over....queers

hahaha

Lol.... mrs R....look momma .... ya northerners know how to fuck! And we will fuck until you’ve already had enough ... so maybe you should move your pretty ass up north... I promise you, you won’t regret it!

plus ... fuck California !! The gold rush is over....queers

hahaha

LOL....No thanks ;) I like it warm, with no disgusting humidity...... the less clothes the better.
Thing is, Ive lived elsewhere and traveled quite a bit. A couple of places I didnt care for, but hey, to each their own !

And if EVERYONE thinks its so shitty here...why is everyone from somewhere else??? :(
we used to have bumper stickers out here...they said "welcome to California! Now go home" :winkfinger:

And Shame on Arnold.....Governators dont bash their own state :roflmao:

I just don't see the point of it but then again it's Cali and fucked beyond repair at this point.

its texas you all should be worried about they are about to flip blue

its texas you all should be worried about they are about to flip blue

Dallas is blue. Austin is blue. Fort Worth is red. The best city in Texas is still red.
Pelosi claimed Texas was Democrat ground zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back