Free at last!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Free at last!

  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    18,617

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,388
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,918
    Thanked in
    3,417 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Free at last!

    So those who have been here a while know the story with my daughter. Those who don't, long story short -

    She's 12

    Mom chased men and moved a lot so, she had never been to the same school for an entire year until November 2017 when she moved in with me after her mom moved again and she needed to stay with me "temporarily".

    Mom didn't get a place for over 8 months and when she did my daughter wanted to stay with us since it's stable.

    Mom moved again a few months later.

    The entire time (November 2017 to current) I paid child support when she was living with me in hopes mom would not scoop her up and, so she could get back on her feet which took way too long.

    After she moved this last time we filed to have the case closed (about 3 months ago) since my daughter stayed here.

    As of yesterday I am officially not paying child support anymore. $900 a month that can be put towards college and, all the money from the last 3 months will be sent back to me. They wanted to have mom pay back everything from November 2017 but I refused it since that would never happen and we had an agreement already on why I would keep paying.

    Fucking finally!

  2. #2
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    Turkeybacon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,659

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    344
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    236
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Bet that feels good

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,113

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,671
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,246
    Thanked in
    813 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Congratulations man!

  4. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Earth ��
    Posts
    3,698

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,620
    Thanked in
    1,145 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Awesome brotha. Glad to here everything worked out for you man you definitely deserve it and so does your daughter

  5. #5
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    custom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,481

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    922
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,778
    Thanked in
    978 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Glory days! Best for your kid to bro

  6. #6
    Moderator
    MODERATOR
    Gibbs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,597

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,342
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    547
    Thanked in
    334 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Congrats man!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    macedog24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    East coast
    Posts
    11,069

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    510
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    So those who have been here a while know the story with my daughter. Those who don't, long story short -

    She's 12

    Mom chased men and moved a lot so, she had never been to the same school for an entire year until November 2017 when she moved in with me after her mom moved again and she needed to stay with me "temporarily".

    Mom didn't get a place for over 8 months and when she did my daughter wanted to stay with us since it's stable.

    Mom moved again a few months later.

    The entire time (November 2017 to current) I paid child support when she was living with me in hopes mom would not scoop her up and, so she could get back on her feet which took way too long.

    After she moved this last time we filed to have the case closed (about 3 months ago) since my daughter stayed here.

    As of yesterday I am officially not paying child support anymore. $900 a month that can be put towards college and, all the money from the last 3 months will be sent back to me. They wanted to have mom pay back everything from November 2017 but I refused it since that would never happen and we had an agreement already on why I would keep paying.

    Fucking finally!
    This is great news!! Congratulations montey, to you and your daughter.
    This is definitely worth celebrating!!!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,132

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    414
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    241
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    Rep Points
    450268410

    That's great news! I,have a similar situation but my daughter's 15 and i dont think ill be getting out of giving her mom money till as long as she can possibly milk it, regardless of where she's living.

    Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    18,617

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,388
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,918
    Thanked in
    3,417 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by 303055622lr View Post
    That's great news! I,have a similar situation but my daughter's 15 and i dont think ill be getting out of giving her mom money till as long as she can possibly milk it, regardless of where she's living.

    Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
    If the child lives with you for more then 6 months then you are legally considered primary care giver and can petition to not pay CS.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    ClintEastwood's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,755

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    303
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Good on you for actually caring about your kid. If you didn't care you wouldn't even bother telling us your story. So we can honestly say your child is on your mind where she should be. Sounds like she has a better chance of a good life with dad from what I read. Too bad for mom, she may or may not regret this very bad move on her part. This type of situation, is where men often times get screwed over by the legal system. Montego's situation proves that's not always the case. Bet money this has been a lengthy drawn out ordeal for him to press through. So prayers sent him and his daughter just in case.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    5,479

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,240
    Thanked in
    1,501 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    If the child lives with you for more then 6 months then you are legally considered primary care giver and can petition to not pay CS.
    is that state by state or nationwide ?

    Either way, congrats. I can tell your a good father by how your putting your daughters interest above getting your money back from her mother. Keep up the good work bro!

  12. #12
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    18,617

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,388
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,918
    Thanked in
    3,417 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    is that state by state or nationwide ?

    Either way, congrats. I can tell your a good father by how your putting your daughters interest above getting your money back from her mother. Keep up the good work bro!
    Honestly not sure.

    That is the reason they were going to have her mom pay me for everything after 6 months

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    need2lift's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    689

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Congrats for sure! That is awesome. Glad to hear that you got her out of that environment and into a stable one...

  14. #14
    Super duper mod


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    way down
    Posts
    7,304

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,491
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,505
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Good deal I am glad to hear unfortunately I rarely hear of instances like this to where the judge will grant custody to the father but Iím sure the fact that you were still paying child support like what was court ordered really made the difference:

  15. #15
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD
    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,859

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    828
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,742
    Thanked in
    1,134 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Congratulations to you and your daughter brother!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2017, 12:33 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 07:27 AM
  3. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 11:30 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2019 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums
Google Authenticator verification provided by Two-Factor Authentication v1.0.4 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.