• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Free at last!

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So those who have been here a while know the story with my daughter. Those who don't, long story short -

She's 12

Mom chased men and moved a lot so, she had never been to the same school for an entire year until November 2017 when she moved in with me after her mom moved again and she needed to stay with me "temporarily".

Mom didn't get a place for over 8 months and when she did my daughter wanted to stay with us since it's stable.

Mom moved again a few months later.

The entire time (November 2017 to current) I paid child support when she was living with me in hopes mom would not scoop her up and, so she could get back on her feet which took way too long.

After she moved this last time we filed to have the case closed (about 3 months ago) since my daughter stayed here.

As of yesterday I am officially not paying child support anymore. $900 a month that can be put towards college and, all the money from the last 3 months will be sent back to me. They wanted to have mom pay back everything from November 2017 but I refused it since that would never happen and we had an agreement already on why I would keep paying.

Fucking finally!

So those who have been here a while know the story with my daughter. Those who don't, long story short -

She's 12

Mom chased men and moved a lot so, she had never been to the same school for an entire year until November 2017 when she moved in with me after her mom moved again and she needed to stay with me "temporarily".

Mom didn't get a place for over 8 months and when she did my daughter wanted to stay with us since it's stable.

Mom moved again a few months later.

The entire time (November 2017 to current) I paid child support when she was living with me in hopes mom would not scoop her up and, so she could get back on her feet which took way too long.

After she moved this last time we filed to have the case closed (about 3 months ago) since my daughter stayed here.

As of yesterday I am officially not paying child support anymore. $900 a month that can be put towards college and, all the money from the last 3 months will be sent back to me. They wanted to have mom pay back everything from November 2017 but I refused it since that would never happen and we had an agreement already on why I would keep paying.

Fucking finally!
This is great news!! Congratulations montey, to you and your daughter.
This is definitely worth celebrating!!!!!

That's great news! I,have a similar situation but my daughter's 15 and i dont think ill be getting out of giving her mom money till as long as she can possibly milk it, regardless of where she's living.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

That's great news! I,have a similar situation but my daughter's 15 and i dont think ill be getting out of giving her mom money till as long as she can possibly milk it, regardless of where she's living.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
If the child lives with you for more then 6 months then you are legally considered primary care giver and can petition to not pay CS.

Good on you for actually caring about your kid. If you didn't care you wouldn't even bother telling us your story. So we can honestly say your child is on your mind where she should be. Sounds like she has a better chance of a good life with dad from what I read. Too bad for mom, she may or may not regret this very bad move on her part. This type of situation, is where men often times get screwed over by the legal system. Montego's situation proves that's not always the case. Bet money this has been a lengthy drawn out ordeal for him to press through. So prayers sent him and his daughter just in case.

IML Gear Cream!
If the child lives with you for more then 6 months then you are legally considered primary care giver and can petition to not pay CS.
is that state by state or nationwide ?

Either way, congrats. I can tell your a good father by how your putting your daughters interest above getting your money back from her mother. Keep up the good work bro!

is that state by state or nationwide ?

Either way, congrats. I can tell your a good father by how your putting your daughters interest above getting your money back from her mother. Keep up the good work bro!
Honestly not sure.

That is the reason they were going to have her mom pay me for everything after 6 months

Congrats for sure! That is awesome. Glad to hear that you got her out of that environment and into a stable one...

Good deal I am glad to hear unfortunately I rarely hear of instances like this to where the judge will grant custody to the father but I’m sure the fact that you were still paying child support like what was court ordered really made the difference:

Congratulations to you and your daughter brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully, some day we will have policies that do not punish men and reward women for breaking up the family. I am glad things are working out for you. I do not see this sort of thing very often.

I remember when I won custody of my son , after fighting for almost 5 years , paying child support and still buying clothes , shoes , school supplies etc.
It felt like I won the lottery .
So I know how you feel , Congratulations Brother !!!

Good deal I am glad to hear unfortunately I rarely hear of instances like this to where the judge will grant custody to the father but I’m sure the fact that you were still paying child support like what was court ordered really made the difference:

I'm still not the custodial parent.

Her mom is still custodial parent which means she has the right to decide where the child lives but, I'm primary care giver since she lives with me.

We didn't go to court and just closed the case so we didn't have to go to court but, if we HAD went to court, the fact the child was with me those six months would have gave me custody anyways.

This is coming from the attorney General rep we went through the process with.

The term he used in describing the 6 month part was voluntary abandonment I think.

Huge win. Congratulations to you and your daughter. I've been through a similar situation.

Happy days to you, Monte. Now you can enjoy many days ahead with your daughter!

That's gotta be a big weight off you.
At what age can they decide which parent they live with?

That's gotta be a big weight off you.
At what age can they decide which parent they live with?
At 12 they can give their input to the judge.

The judge will have the final say still but, the child can give the judge reasons for why they want to stay with whatever parent it is.

Congrats bro, that is awesome news! Im sure there is a big since of relief now for you and your family.

Back