• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone have or had an umbilical hernia?

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey, I think from what I can tell, I have an umbilical hernia...

Anyone have experience on this? Is it surgical for sure?

Can I still lift?

Appreciate the input.

Yep just had surgery for it 8 weeks ago. My wife noticed mine about 4 months ago when we were having sex. I still lifted and just pushed it back in during sex and gym sessions. It was starting to bother me so I had surgery for it right in the middle of a test dhb npp cycle. I focused on legs and did isolated upper body workouts for a month after surgery then was released by doc to full workouts again. Easy peasy brother.
Go to the doctor and have them check it out a lot of people can have them and have no issues mine just bothered me. But there can be some health concerns and those should be addressed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yep just had surgery for it 8 weeks ago. My wife noticed mine about 4 months ago when we were having sex. I still lifted and just pushed it back in during sex and gym sessions. It was starting to bother me so I had surgery for it right in the middle of a test dhb npp cycle. I focused on legs and did isolated upper body workouts for a month after surgery then was released by doc to full workouts again. Easy peasy brother.
Go to the doctor and have them check it out a lot of people can have them and have no issues mine just bothered me. But there can be some health concerns and those should be addressed.

First noticed mine, after a good rodgering session myself about a half year ago. Flares up about once a month. Getting surgery in the fall when work slows down a bit

A guy I use to train with would wrap duct tape around himself with a hand ball over it so it wouldn't pop out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

A guy I use to train with would wrap duct tape around himself with a hand ball over it so it wouldn't pop out.

Lol..... this was an actual thought of mine. No joke...

Lol..... this was an actual thought of mine. No joke...

Elitefts or tnation had a article on hernia management a few years ago. Should be able to search the archives.

Ty. It isn’t a problem right now. But looking ahead I guess.

Idk how this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 6yr old daughter just had to have double hernia surgery the 1st part of the month because she was born with them which the pediatric dr said is common but could also be hereditary. My wife had hers done 4 yrs ago so maybe?
Anyways it's an easy recovery I went on vacay to Europe for 12 days 3 days after surgery and walked miles every day, carried my own luggage, banged wife every night (no joke). And had a great time as if surgery never happened.
Good luck

I have 2 other them. Had them since I was a kid. Never had any problems with them lifting or anything else. Some days you can see them more than others. I just don’t train abs, no big deal.

I had it and got the surgery. Umbilical hernia is the least severe, (there are several different types of hernia as you probably already know). It's right where your umbilical cord grew from while you were in the womb, and some people are born with a weak point in that area, and later on in adult life it begins to tear and get worse. I only had to get one stitch to fix mine, but I still had to take a 6 week break from working out, and then start easy for the first three weeks after the lay off. If you try and rush things, then you'll only end up getting surgery all over again

I have one and will need surgery. I'll do it in the late fall.

Back