• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Stuck on the sidelines: A transgender powerlifter fights for the right to compete

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Stuck on the sidelines: A transgender powerlifter fights for the right to compete

"It’s not fair to genetically eliminate an entire group of people," said JayCee Cooper, who was barred from USA Powerlifting competitions.

The first time JayCee Cooper walked out onto the platform at a women’s powerlifting competition, everything else fell away: her years-long internal struggle over her gender identity, her decision to leave men’s sports when she began transitioning, her doubts that she would ever feel safe if she returned to competitions.

When she stepped out in front of a hundred people in the gym in Fort Collins, Colorado, last September, all she focused on was the barbell, which she hoisted off the ground. And then she heard the cheers of the crowd: "Come on JayCee!" She had found not only a sport, but also a home.

“In a world that wants to take away our power and strength,” Cooper, 31, said recently by phone from her home in Minneapolis, “powerlifting is a way to gain that strength back and feel powerful and feel ownership of our own lives. It helps us find strength within ourselves and helps us find strength within our bodies.”

Cooper signed up for more competitions, but, to her astonishment, USA Powerlifting, the sport’s biggest federation, told her that she could not compete in the women’s division because of her gender identity.

In an email, USA Powerlifting said she was denied because she had a “direct competitive advantage” over the other women who were competing.

"It took me aback,” Cooper said. “I didn’t want to put myself into a situation where I obviously wasn’t welcome.”

Cooper’s story received national attention after she posted about it on Instagram in January. She drew support from fellow powerlifters and Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., who slammed the ban on transgender women competitors as “discriminatory” and “unscientific.”

Attachments

• 190426-jaycee-cooper-powerlifting-secondary-c-kh_136756baae21c79fbdde58458644c31c.fit-560w.jpg
    190426-jaycee-cooper-powerlifting-secondary-c-kh_136756baae21c79fbdde58458644c31c.fit-560w.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 190426-jaycee-cooper-powerlifting-main-kh_136756baae21c79fbdde58458644c31c.fit-2000w.jpg
    190426-jaycee-cooper-powerlifting-main-kh_136756baae21c79fbdde58458644c31c.fit-2000w.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 62
Thats a he not a she. He has a dick. He should compete with men not women.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Trannys can compete with themselves. I’m tired of seeing and hearing about all these gay people. Go be gay somewhere else, fag!

Trannys can compete with themselves. I’m tired of seeing and hearing about all these gay people. Go be gay somewhere else, fag!

Maybe they should have their own PL fed.

Have a dick or had a dick you compete with the dicks.... isn’t it amazing that women transitioning to men aren’t successfully competing against men, but the reverse is true and you have that Somali nation saying unscientific!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost me man

Oh sorry...to clarify, why not a PL fed for the transgenders? I know I'll get flamed for that idea...

I just heard today that some PL association is giving women a testosterone limit. There were some women who had a natural test level over the limit and not on aas.

I just heard today that some PL association is giving women a testosterone limit. There were some women who had a natural test level over the limit and not on aas.

Why would there be a limit on natural test in women? If it natural, then why would they have a problem.

Oh sorry...to clarify, why not a PL fed for the transgenders? I know I'll get flamed for that idea...

If they want to compete, let them compete against themselves. It’s not ok if a dude cuts his dick off and wants to compete in a woman’s league. He should only be able to compete with other dudes that have cut their dicks off.

Why would there be a limit on natural test in women? If it natural, then why would they have a problem.

That was the debate I was hearing.. they were saying in a effort to level the playing field...even tho those women had naturally high test levels.

Yeah look at the tranny ufc "female" fighter he/she was literally cracking skulls and eye sockets. They should compete in an organization amongst themselves. Its the only logical solution. Imo.

ironlion@keemail.me (email)
ironlion-labs.net

If they want to compete, let them compete against themselves. It’s not ok if a dude cuts his dick off and wants to compete in a woman’s league. He should only be able to compete with other dudes that have cut their dicks off.

Pretty sure the person in this particular article still has all the "he" parts, so NO.... he shouldn't be competing against the women. I dont care a fig about what this person wants to do to themselves, do what you want, but thats a really unfair advantage in this type of competition and seriously, how good can that type of win feel? beating girls? nope!
Its happened in the "stage" competitions as well.... [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://femalemuscle.com/in-the-news/transgender-bodybuilder-returns-to-competition/[/FONT]

I think it should be looked at as a mental disorder because that’s what it is.

They should be medicated.

This shouldn’t even be a debate. Tired of having dance around these issues. Y’all freaks and need to be put down.

Get Shredded!
Pretty sure the person in this particular article still has all the "he" parts, so NO.... he shouldn't be competing against the women. I dont care a fig about what this person wants to do to themselves, do what you want, but thats a really unfair advantage in this type of competition and seriously, how good can that type of win feel? beating girls? nope!
Its happened in the "stage" competitions as well.... [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://femalemuscle.com/in-the-news/transgender-bodybuilder-returns-to-competition/[/FONT]

I think it should be looked at as a mental disorder because that’s what it is.

They should be medicated.

This shouldn’t even be a debate. Tired of having dance around these issues. Y’all freaks and need to be put down.
Lobotomised is the correct terminology, not medicated.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's when they came for sports that I really started to get pissed. The bathroom thing I could almost look past, but sports? Leave them alone.

Back