Happy Easter origins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Dark side of the Moon!
    Posts
    650

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    93
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Rep Points
    497175220

    Happy Easter origins.

    Happy easter everyone. Never knew easter was really bout sex and fertility... Now going to really have to celebrate easter the right way with my gf
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    selfmademonster's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    582

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Rep Points
    1887347463

    Put Christmas on here also, The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop is a good read on this. Never understood how Christians can think that you can keep the same customs and traditions and that changing the name all of a sudden gives it Gods approval , it was the practices and traditions that were the problem in the beginning

  3. #3
    IM>ASF
    heckler7's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    trolling ASF pit
    Posts
    12,113

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,911
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,522
    Thanked in
    1,571 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    never understood why people knock Christians for believing in something that encourages them to live a better life and to help others. most your shelters and charities are christian, if you are in a 12 step program or in prison you find strength in god, when your child loved on is ill you pray for their health. just saying HAPOY EASTER

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    5,467

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,045
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,236
    Thanked in
    1,498 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    So, my personal beliefs or moral code aside...

    id like to know exactly what the Christians did to piss everyone off? Why is it that itís acceptable in this country and pretty much the rest of the world to use Christianity as a punching bag?

    i understand the catholic kid raping thing in Italy and the states is disturbing and disgusting and should be met with extreme repercussions. But even before that itís evident that being anti Christian is the Ďcoolí thing to do.

    Was it the crusades that weíre still hung up on? Iím pretty sure they only happened due to Persian oppression. I am unsure whether or not Persians were polytheistic or Islamic during that time but I understand the empire military expansion and centuries of abuse were the trigger for the justification of crusades.

    I dont buy into much of these ideological methods of teaching (man written laws of how to praise god). I work around a lot of PHDs and the majority of these people believe in God but itís a little different than the three main monotheistic religions.

    I get why these ideas were created. But what does the modern Christian do to deserve being shit on constantly?

  5. #5
    IM>ASF
    heckler7's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    trolling ASF pit
    Posts
    12,113

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,911
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,522
    Thanked in
    1,571 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    So, my personal beliefs or moral code aside...

    id like to know exactly what the Christians did to piss everyone off? Why is it that itís acceptable in this country and pretty much the rest of the world to use Christianity as a punching bag?

    i understand the catholic kid raping thing in Italy and the states is disturbing and disgusting and should be met with extreme repercussions. But even before that itís evident that being anti Christian is the Ďcoolí thing to do.

    Was it the crusades that weíre still hung up on? Iím pretty sure they only happened due to Persian oppression. I am unsure whether or not Persians were polytheistic or Islamic during that time but I understand the empire military expansion and centuries of abuse were the trigger for the justification of crusades.

    I dont buy into much of these ideological methods of teaching (man written laws of how to praise god). I work around a lot of PHDs and the majority of these people believe in God but itís a little different than the three main monotheistic religions.

    I get why these ideas were created. But what does the modern Christian do to deserve being shit on constantly?
    exactly bro, and people forget the crusaders were sent to free slaves captured by muslim raiders. They united states marines were formed to battle muslim pirates attcking our ships. just saying

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    selfmademonster's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    582

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Rep Points
    1887347463

    Keep the traditions just stop calling them Christian....what did Christian's do to get crapped on always? They stopped acting like Christ

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    5,467

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,045
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,236
    Thanked in
    1,498 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by selfmademonster View Post
    Keep the traditions just stop calling them Christian....what did Christian's do to get crapped on always? They stopped acting like Christ
    as did the Jews and the Muslims ... well stopped following there religion , unless of course it was to hide behind the false idea that God wanted the slaughter of innocent people , all in the name of control.

    I think we we can all agree with the stones being thrown in the glass house that is religion. But of course there are good people in the Jewish and Muslim communities, none in the Christian community according to media. But I know why, most of them are outspoken and have conservative values. And that is the ultimate sin.

    Anyways selfmademonster, I took you as a conservative Christian based on some of your posts when I first joined. I mean no disrespect it just seemed like you had a strong base of moral ethics.

    Anyways. I do agree that religion is NOT an excuse to hurt anybody.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    IronRage's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,822

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    130
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    359
    Thanked in
    251 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by selfmademonster View Post
    Keep the traditions just stop calling them Christian....what did Christian's do to get crapped on always? They stopped acting like Christ
    Did they stop acting like Christ?? Or do people look down on them because of their beliefs?? Like the op who fell for a stupid meme...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Rajput's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,967

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    725
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    548
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Rep Points
    1570204459

    All religions are good.
    Human beings are the shittiest of creatures.

    Muslim kings raided lands in the name of Islam while in reality they just wanted to plunder, have sex slaves and bounty. A lot of them were homosexual and bisexual. They drank and committed adultery. They only made men fight in the name of religion while they were the fucking opposite.

    The christians did the same. Popes still fuck boys. The east India company plundered the land of sub continent. British Christians fucked almost the entire world.

    Most religious preach peace. To live and let live.

    Heres a piece of the Quran






    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    5,467

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,045
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,236
    Thanked in
    1,498 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Well Iím happy to see that you can at least be honest about it. Youíre a good man in my book Raj. Unfortunately men are indeed the poison of the earth.

  11. #11
    Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    89

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rep Points
    217519160

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykev View Post
    Happy easter everyone. Never knew easter was really bout sex and fertility... Now going to really have to celebrate easter the right way with my gf

    Dont forget about Nimrod, whom slept with his mother got her pregnant, killed his father and then said his mother had an immaculate conception, to hide the fact that he got his own mother pregnant.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    selfmademonster's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    582

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    137
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Rep Points
    1887347463

    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    as did the Jews and the Muslims ... well stopped following there religion , unless of course it was to hide behind the false idea that God wanted the slaughter of innocent people , all in the name of control.

    I think we we can all agree with the stones being thrown in the glass house that is religion. But of course there are good people in the Jewish and Muslim communities, none in the Christian community according to media. But I know why, most of them are outspoken and have conservative values. And that is the ultimate sin.

    Anyways selfmademonster, I took you as a conservative Christian based on some of your posts when I first joined. I mean no disrespect it just seemed like you had a strong base of moral ethics.

    Anyways. I do agree that religion is NOT an excuse to hurt anybody.
    I'm actually Wiccan with a strong moral code, that's why I know so much about pagan beliefs 😂.....kidding but I have studied the bible and other religions for over 40years reading the bible through many times over and have been public speaking on it for almost 30. The problem with religion is that most pick one that fits there lifestyle, wanting it to conform to them instead of looking in that mirror as James 1:23,24 says and making the adjustments. Religious leaders don't care as long as you keep putting money in the basket, and most people couldn't care less because the corrupt preacher is telling them all is good despite the Word saying otherwise. You want to get on the path to truth? Find a Christian organization that doesn't pay its congregational overseers and who don't take collections, then the only incentive to make sacrafices for the congregation by those who take the lead would be truly out of love....that's the way it was in the first century, all the elders in the early congregations had jobs and catered to the flock, Jesus said if you received free you give free (Matt 10:8) Taking from the flock, condoning their actions and living the high life is not a sacrifice...its a very good paying job and nothing else.

  13. #13
    IM>ASF
    heckler7's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    trolling ASF pit
    Posts
    12,113

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,911
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,522
    Thanked in
    1,571 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by selfmademonster View Post
    I'm actually Wiccan with a strong moral code, that's why I know so much about pagan beliefs .....kidding but I have studied the bible and other religions for over 40years reading the bible through many times over and have been public speaking on it for almost 30. The problem with religion is that most pick one that fits there lifestyle, wanting it to conform to them instead of looking in that mirror as James 1:23,24 says and making the adjustments. Religious leaders don't care as long as you keep putting money in the basket, and most people couldn't care less because the corrupt preacher is telling them all is good despite the Word saying otherwise. You want to get on the path to truth? Find a Christian organization that doesn't pay its congregational overseers and who don't take collections, then the only incentive to make sacrafices for the congregation by those who take the lead would be truly out of love....that's the way it was in the first century, all the elders in the early congregations had jobs and catered to the flock, Jesus said if you received free you give free (Matt 10:8) Taking from the flock, condoning their actions and living the high life is not a sacrifice...its a very good paying job and nothing else.
    the problem with religion is the same problem with everything, there are some dishonest people and they use their position to influence and cheat others. religion is easy people are trusting and feel safe in their group but dont see the wolves. Police you could have 100 good cops and a handful that abuse power. politicians make a salary of $150k a year yet they are all millionaires how did that happen

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Rajput's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,967

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    725
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    548
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Rep Points
    1570204459

    Religion is based on greed and fear.
    Take heaven and hell out of equation. How many people will truly be good?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    5,467

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,045
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,236
    Thanked in
    1,498 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajput View Post
    Religion is based on greed and fear.
    Take heaven and hell out of equation. How many people will truly be good?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    If you were to eliminate fear from religion i think youíd be surprised to see the number of actually good and honest people. News media doesnít make a big deal out of the good in this world because they operate from the same mode that fear and despicable behaviors get more attention. Iíve met a lot of good people from various walks of life and Iím sure you have to. There out there. Itís a pay it forward kind of system. But of course there are evil doers among us as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Easter
    By jerseydevil in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2019 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums
Google Authenticator verification provided by Two-Factor Authentication v1.0.4 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.