Debating TRT, 25 years old

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Debating TRT, 25 years old

Hello ASF,

My test has been on the lower side since I was 19 years old, running around 380-450 max, after a few cycles, I got my results today and Total Test is at 281, with estradiol at < 6.0 (not sure how this happened, I've been off cycle about 2 months now).

My problem is I'm at Kaiser, and on more than 1 occasion with different doctors, they've told me I'm too young, and that my levels are within range and are not low enough.

I've been contemplating TRT for some time now, because my test has been between 280-350 the last 2 years and I have many of the symptoms related to low t: fatigue, tiredness, wanting to nap throughout the days, loss of concentration and motivation, trouble losing fat, and more..

I'd love to self script TRT and just run a 100-200mg protocol, but I'd much rather have a script in the long term.

Anybody have any input or advice?

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Edit: Lowest test result I had was 239, ranges in last 2 years have been 239 - 319, just reviewed all my labs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

That sucks bro sorry to hear you're having to deal with all that shit. I feel ya tho bro, I've been right where ur at. Yea ur young and trt is a big decision but just cause ur young doesn't change the facts that your T levels are garbage and you feel like shit. So many dinosaur Dr's wanna write you off because of ur age and totally disregard ur symptoms and even T levels cuz of their retarded reference ranges that keep going down due to more and more of the "referenced population" being fat lazy unhealthy pieces of shit.

Self TRT is great for the fact that ur in total control and unless you have a good Dr and good insurance as well then ugl's make good sense financially. Finding a willing Dr especially at ur age is a straight up chore not to mention a willing Dr that is also knowledgeable. I'm 39 and just now getting docs to take me seriously. Unfortunately the first Dr that took me seriously and was willing to treat me didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground so I had to look for treatment elsewhere.

If you can't find a Dr and are dead set on a legit script you could always try a clinic. They can be pricey but that could get you started and the Dr's script would give you proof of treatment for the future when/if you find a Dr. Just spit balling ideas lol. Good luck tho bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Rep Points

You gotta be off more than two months if you expect test levels to rise. And by off, I mean off, everything. Leave shit alone for a while. At your age, I sincerely doubt that you permanently injured your ability to produce testosterone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts
    Rep Points

Both posts above have very solid points. If I was you Iíd follow malfeasance advice and then in a few months if your still low follow tainted anchors advice.

I dont know your financial situation but dr RX can be expensive. Some good sources here where you can run your own trt. And some knowledgeable users with practical experience as well.

trt means pinning test until your too old to remember or dead. Keep that in mind. Who knows tho maybe in a few years theyíll be able to shock your boys back in service.

youíll be aight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

im 35 and in the same boat.... my only issue is fertility and wanting kids later on in life i'd probably do the same thing... but im halfway through my first cycle so my knowledge is very limited man... just here trying to learn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Malfeasance is absolutely right. I was just under the impression that the OP's test levels have been naturally running low normally even after recovering from cycles. He said it had been 380-450 since he was 19 and the last 2 years 239-319, he's 25 now.

If that's not the case then by all means he needs to give his boys some time recuperate then get bloods ran to see what's going on. It'd be a shame a to decommission a perfectly good functioning set of nuts at his age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Rep Points

If you're on SSRIs get off those first. They tank test levels. Also, it can take up to a year to recover after several cycles. Chances are you can recover if off for 16-20 weeks. I did well into my 50s after many many cycles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Appreciate all the input guys.
    My test was 380-450 at 19 and I didnít start cycling until 22 or 23.
    Its been 8 weeks since my last cycle.
    im gonna wait another 8-16 weeks and retest to see where Iím at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
    If you're on SSRIs get off those first. They tank test levels. Also, it can take up to a year to recover after several cycles. Chances are you can recover if off for 16-20 weeks. I did well into my 50s after many many cycles.
    No SSRIs or other meds for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Rep Points

Just so I am clear (sorry if beating a dead horse), by off, I mean off. No test. No provision. No clomid. No AI. No nolvadex. No HCG. No nothing. Let your body get back to here it wants to be naturally, and that takes time. When you say off for two months, I assume (it's just an assumption) that even within those two months you were using things that stimulate or otherwise affect your hormone production, such as some of the things I mentioned above.

Eat well (good fats, like egg yolks, avocado, olive oil, nuts) and work out intensely. Squats, the type with a barbell on your back, not on a smith machine, down lower than parallel, that sort of thing. Deadlifts. Military press. Pullups. The heavy stuff to stimulate your muscles and nerves and endocrine system.

Don't do things to let your body fat percentage rise, which lowers testosterone.

Keep drinking to a minimum (no more than two beers maybe twice a week).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Rep Points

Now if you want to be a professional body builder, ignore all that and stay on, never drop below a gram of test (unless right before a contest), keep hgh in blood, tren almost all the time . . . but since you mentioned "TRT" I assume that is not your goal.

NO LIMITS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

opinions will vary widely, If you think of sticking yourself for the next 30+ years or maybe more is a good idea, then go for it. My advice is absolutely... No Way. A couple of good blasts a year or welcome to the dark side Time will tell all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Just so I am clear (sorry if beating a dead horse), by off, I mean off. No test. No provision. No clomid. No AI. No nolvadex. No HCG. No nothing. Let your body get back to here it wants to be naturally, and that takes time. When you say off for two months, I assume (it's just an assumption) that even within those two months you were using things that stimulate or otherwise affect your hormone production, such as some of the things I mentioned above.

Eat well (good fats, like egg yolks, avocado, olive oil, nuts) and work out intensely. Squats, the type with a barbell on your back, not on a smith machine, down lower than parallel, that sort of thing. Deadlifts. Military press. Pullups. The heavy stuff to stimulate your muscles and nerves and endocrine system.

Don't do things to let your body fat percentage rise, which lowers testosterone.

Keep drinking to a minimum (no more than two beers maybe twice a week).
    Appreciate the input again.
    When I get off cycle, I get off everything, I go back to just the basics, protein, vitamins, fish oil, I thought that's what your'e supposed to do anyways?
    My diet is good but I can definitely do more in the gym, so i'll give that a shot.
    I drink maybe 1 beer every other week, never been big on drinking.