• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

[RESOLVED - see first post edit] Basicso STOLE over $500 in bitcoin from meter

Get Shredded!
i mean the communication was intercepted....somehow like me another name was given after checkout... like his, another bit address was given that wasn't yours
I know I've seen this elsewhere maybr not on asf. I'm positive i read about emails being intercepted with a different, btc address. Like everyone says there's a history of all your btc transactions. This should be simple to prove.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

I know I've seen this elsewhere maybr not on asf. I'm positive i read about emails being intercepted with a different, btc address. Like everyone says there's a history of all your btc transactions. This should be simple to prove.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
They won’t be able to intercept. They can send phishing emails though

i mean the communication was intercepted....somehow like me another name was given after checkout... like his, another bit address was given that wasn't yours

oh, ok, misunderstood.
Regarding the subject of this thread. I checked the txid again. I will not public it yet, because i do not knbow, if customer agrees, i will ask him. But it is a very odd story, i see something like this for the first time. Transactio id says this transfer was sent from 2 addresses starting with bc... to another address starting with bc...
According to bitcoin wiki it is possible
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes
It is some Bech32 pubkey hash or script hash... I do not really have deep knowledge about this sytem, but those addresses are possible. Another thing worries me.
If i copy the destination address, which i get after i enter the txid, and put it into any bitcoin block explorer, it says that this address is not found. Some say it is not a valid bitcoin address... Somebody has any idea, what this could mean? If customers agrees, i can publish the txid, it might help to resolve the situation with common efforts.

UPD. blockexplorer.com says it is Unparsed address [0]
blockcypher.com shows the txid, it is registered in the blockchain, but it does not show any info about source and destination addresses at all.
blockchain.com says this address is not found.

Last edited:
So, I googled this address and found it mentioned here
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/71230248-phishing-attack
Man, sorry to say this, but it looks like you are a victim of a phishing attack. You used electrum wallet to send coins? Let me guess: you launched electrum wallet. It poped up a window with the advise to update the wallet. You agreed, right?
Electrum is under attack latest few weeks. There is a respective message on their site "Warning: Electrum versions older than 3.3 can no longer connect to public servers, and must be upgraded. This is in order to prevent user exposure to phishing messages. Do not download Electrum from any another source than electrum.org."
Your coins are stolen indeed, but not by basicstero.
I can post the destination address, it is bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x and it has numerous incoming transfers. Latest were done on 9th of April.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btc/address.dws?bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x.htm
This block explorer shows full transfers history, others do not see it for some reason.

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a loval order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, sorry to say this, but it looks like you are a victim of a phishing attack. You used electrum wallet to send coins? Let me guess: you launched electrum wallet. It poped up a window with the advise to update the wallet. You agreed, right?
Electrum is under attack latest few weeks. There is a respective message on their site "Warning: Electrum versions older than 3.3 can no longer connect to public servers, and must be upgraded. This is in order to prevent user exposure to phishing messages. Do not download Electrum from any another source than electrum.org."
I can post the destination address, it is bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x and it has numerous incoming transfers. Latest were done on 9th of April.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btc/address.dws?bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x.htm
This block explorer shows full transfers history, others do not see it for some reason.

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a domestic order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
Figures. A lot of crypto repositories are under attack and users need to protect themselves by heeding warnings.

To OP: This sounds like a good deal from Basicstero to make this right. Why not take it?

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a domestic order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
Damn that's krazy. But not unheard of. Very stand up of Basic in honoring the order. Props to you sir.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

I was looking into this last night and figured it would end up going this way. Not saying this is a scam but I saw the potential to introduce enough doubt into the system to make it work.

A source like this is usually gonna err on the side of maximum possible fairness and unfortunately that can often be manipulated.

I hope OP appreciates the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extremely generous and kind of Basicstero to make an offer to help someone with something that was not at all the fault/responsibility of the source -- and even more so, generously offer to someone that came on here (unknown with no posts) and harshly bash/accuse the source.

I have seen phishing before.
I remember on ProMuscle TP (the provider, a popular GH source) warned about some phishing scam last year or so (fake emails were sent to customers) and he explained one must check carefully the header etc to make sure they are interacting with whom they intend.
Sources cannot sit at your end and do this for you -- such an issue is not associated with the source's end – the individual must stay up-to-date and careful.

In such a case of phishing attack with the wallet or other steps (not the source).
Then it is NOT at all any fault the source (Any source) and not the source's responsibility.
Clearly the if this is what happened, then the scam occurred before payment ever reached Basicstero (the source did not get paid).

This is responsibility of the customer to make sure payment is sent to the correct place.
IF we have it any other way, people can scam by simply sending BTC to another address of their own and claim it was sent to the source.
It is only the source’s fault if the source provided wrong address or made a mistake.

Also, keep in mind, if the OP was victim of phishing (as warned about on the electrum website, see below), then he would be able to see in the BTC transaction history on the blockchain that the money was NOT sent to the address Basicstero provided.
So I still do not understand the bashing and accusations??? has the transaction history been looked up yet by the OP (I explained how to do so)?

Basicstero made no mistake here, Basicstero did not steal/scam anyone, and the OP made very serious slanderous accusations without even considering all possibilities.
With that said, I think Frank’s (Basicstero’s) offer is amazingly generous.
Clearly, the source was not at all involved nor at fault, and did not get paid.

RAiKGX8.jpg

(from: https://electrum.org/#home )

Last edited:
Well I guess ban hammer averted. But still shitty how the guy called basic a thief then takes off and doesn't come back to own up to his mistake. I'll let you guys handle the thread the way you want.

Rehh

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a loval order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
one of the many reasons I don’t do bitcoin anymore

Wow. Honoring a $540 order when it wasnt even their fault. That is one hell of a gesture on their part.

Ive had the address change when pasting it into my wallet before and didnt catch it. The source still got their money somehow, but ever since then I triple check it everytime I send a payment.

That would be awesome Basicstero I really do appreciate that. When I made this post I was completely under the impression that my money was taken so I apologize sincerely for any backlash that I have caused.

I had no idea that this phishing was even possible and I do feel very bad for what I've said. Basicstero was not at fault in any way. Also feel like it's necessary to say that I'm not a scammer and did send the money it just got intercepted by a hacker? Regardless, I am very sorry and thank you to Basicstero.

Trying to edit my post and title, but pretty sure the edit feature is turned off for me.

So, I googled this address and found it mentioned herehttps://www.bountysource.com/issues/71230248-phishing-attackMan, sorry to say this, but it looks like you are a victim of a phishing attack. You used electrum wallet to send coins? Let me guess: you launched electrum wallet. It poped up a window with the advise to update the wallet. You agreed, right?Electrum is under attack latest few weeks. There is a respective message on their site "Warning: Electrum versions older than 3.3 can no longer connect to public servers, and must be upgraded. This is in order to prevent user exposure to phishing messages. Do not download Electrum from any another source than electrum.org." Your coins are stolen indeed, but not by basicstero. I can post the destination address, it is bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x and it has numerous incoming transfers. Latest were done on 9th of April. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btc/address.dws?bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x.htmThis block explorer shows full transfers history, others do not see it for some reason.I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a loval order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
That is literally exactly what happened.... upgraded from version 3.3 to 4.0.... I'm sorry Basicstero I didn't know that this was even possible.

That would be awesome Basicstero I really do appreciate that. When I made this post I was completely under the impression that my money was taken so I apologize sincerely for any backlash that I have caused.
Good man.

See, cooler heads prevail.

For future reference, you now know to try and contact a rep on the forum along with customer service.

Best and easiest way to get things situated.

Good man.See, cooler heads prevail.For future reference, you now know to try and contact a rep on the forum along with customer service.Best and easiest way to get things situated.
Yes I see that now and sincerely apologize for my rant!

Good man.

See, cooler heads prevail.

For future reference, you now know to try and contact a rep on the forum along with customer service.

Best and easiest way to get things situated.
Even though this thread had it's bad moments, I think there is a very positive that came from it. I had no idea about possible problems with bitcoin. This thread probably educated many people. Most people in the know, knows Basic would never ruin their reputation over $500. I had a feeling there was something up from the beginning....let's all live and learn!! This business always needs to be ahead of the game in trying to be successful.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
I sent the blockchain info before even making the post dude
Best bet man , always keep a paper trail of everything you do so you have proof that what was asked of you was asked and what you send and where you sent it is what it is, so you can further indicate you aren't trying to scam and they can match what you are saying with what the site is asking of you.

In this day in age , you need to copy and paste everything and get every name and detail to a T to help better your case otherwise it's just another person trying to get free shit.

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

Props to the OP for owning up and apologizing. Big props to Bacterio for making it right after figuring out the problem. Shows the character of him and then some. This thread definitely helped me learn more about crypto and to be that much safer.

so what should we do now ? avoid upgrades of Electrum from 3+ to v4 ?

i have never had a problem with jax wallet their new one is jax liberty... in terms of changing btc from altcoins i just swap them on bittrex. just get a more secure wallet and transfer your bitcoin into one you trust... although sending from bittrex or an exchange takes forever for them to get to it. Man if Lisk takes off i'll never have to work again. Also makes me want to order from basic following this thread. heartwarming stuff man.

Last edited:
If you have a bitcoin atm near you you can use it to deposit funds directly to the sponsors bitcoin address. No wallet needed.

Dude, I get it but your like a guy saying he doesn’t like the new horseless carriages because they make too much smoke.

The train is coming. Get on board. All other payment methods are going extinct.

I couldn’t disagree more with you. I’ve used bitcoin and it’s nothing but a hassle m. Other fourms of payment are not going anywhere however bitcoin is and will eventually be nonexistent. The government is all over bitcoin like white on rice and its already illegal in certain states to transfer coins.

I couldn’t disagree more with you. I’ve used bitcoin and it’s nothing but a hassle m. Other fourms of payment are not going anywhere however bitcoin is and will eventually be nonexistent. The government is all over bitcoin like white on rice and its already illegal in certain states to transfer coins.

Have you paid anybody with WU or MG lately? Once they’ve got you on their radar it’s a bitch man.

Basic/Pharmacom has always been very excellent business and quality so i call bullshit and I know finally after years of experience people get what they deserve !! And with a reputation as solid as basics anyone that can read will not be swayed by one random moron. pharmacom is top shelf in all aspects of their service !!

Back