Basicstero.com

[RESOLVED - see first post edit] Basicso STOLE over $500 in bitcoin from meter

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Exclamation [RESOLVED - see first post edit] Basicso STOLE over $500 in bitcoin from meter

Long story short, I placed an order for 3 vials of primo and 2 test. When you place an order you are provided with a delivery address and an amount of bitcoin to send. I payed for my order in bitcoin and Basicstero is trying to tell me that it was not sent to them. I sent it to the exact address that was provided to me.They blatantly STOLE $540 from me and refuse to send me my order. DO NOT TRUST Basicstero. I'm in shock right now that a "reputable" supplier would do this to me.

------------

EDIT (by RThoads): to Add Resolution info to first post because some may not read details of entire thread and it is CLEAR that the source did NOT do anything wrong.
    In fact, Basicstero went out of his way to help the customer even though the issue was NOT at all involving or the responsibility fault of the source.
    The source's tracking info confirms the pack was successfully delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Basicstero View Post
    So, I googled this address and found it mentioned here
    Quote Originally Posted by Basicstero View Post
    https://www.bountysource.com/issues/...hishing-attack
    Man, sorry to say this, but it looks like you are a victim of a phishing attack. You used electrum wallet to send coins? Let me guess: you launched electrum wallet. It poped up a window with the advise to update the wallet. You agreed, right?
    Electrum is under attack latest few weeks. There is a respective message on their site "Warning: Electrum versions older than 3.3 can no longer connect to public servers, and must be upgraded. This is in order to prevent user exposure tophishing messages. Do not download Electrum from any another source than electrum.org."
    Your coins are stolen indeed, but not by basicstero.
    I can post the destination address, it is bc1qcla39fm0q8ka8th8ttpq0yxla30r430m4hgu3x and it has numerous incoming transfers. Latest were done on 9th of April.
    https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btc/add...430m4hgu3x.htm
    This block explorer shows full transfers history, others do not see it for some reason.

I don`t really like to finish this thread on a negative note. This was a loval order. We offer the following solution. Although we did not get funds, but we offer to send this order from our international warehouse. You don`t stay without goods, we minimize losses on international delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by RThoads View Post
    Extremely generous and kind of Basicstero to make an offer to help someone with something that was not at all the fault/responsibility of the source -- and even more so, generously offer to someone that came on here (unknown with no posts) and harshly bash/accuse the source.

I have seen phishing before.
    I remember on ProMuscle TP (the provider, a popular GH source) warned about some phishing scam last year or so (fake emails were sent to customers) and he explained one must check carefully the header etc to make sure they are interacting with whom they intend.
    Sources cannot sit at your end and do this for you -- such an issue is not associated with the source's end – the individual must stay up-to-date and careful.

In such a case of phishing attack with the wallet or other steps (not the source).
    Then it is NOT at all any fault the source (Any source) and not the source's responsibility.
    Clearly the if this is what happened, then the scam occurred before payment ever reached Basicstero (the source did not get paid).

This is responsibility of the customer to make sure payment is sent to the correct place.
    IF we have it any other way, people can scam by simply sending BTC to another address of their own and claim it was sent to the source.
    It is only the source’s fault if the source provided wrong address or made a mistake.

Also, keep in mind, if the OP was victim of phishing (as warned about on the electrum website, see below), then he would be able to see in the BTC transaction history on the blockchain that the money was NOT sent to the address Basicstero provided.
    So I still do not understand the bashing and accusations??? has the transaction history been looked up yet by the OP (I explained how to do so)?

Basicstero made no mistake here, Basicstero did not steal/scam anyone, and the OP made very serious slanderous accusations without even considering all possibilities.
    With that said, I think Frank’s (Basicstero’s) offer is amazingly generous.
    Clearly, the source was not at all involved nor at fault, and did not get paid.

(from: https://electrum.org/#home )
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartin18 View Post
    That would be awesome Basicstero I really do appreciate that. When I made this post I was completely under the impression that my money was taken so I apologize sincerely for any backlash that I have caused.
    I had no idea that this phishing was even possible and I do feel very bad for what I've said. Basicstero was not at fault in any way. Also feel like it's necessary to say that I'm not a scammer and did send the money it just got intercepted by a hacker? Regardless, I am very sorry and thank you to Basicstero.
    Last edited by RThoads; 05-18-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Rep Points

Oh boy.......here we go again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    304 Posts
    Rep Points

Long story short, I placed an order for 3 vials of primo and 2 test. When you place an order you are provided with a delivery address and an amount of bitcoin to send. I payed for my order in bitcoin and Basicstero is trying to tell me that it was not sent to them. I sent it to the exact address that was provided to me.They blatantly STOLE $540 from me and refuse to send me my order. DO NOT TRUST Basicstero. I'm in shock right now that a "reputable" supplier would do this to me.
    My eyes hurt! Did you try to contact them here, I'm sure it's a simple mixup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Rep Points

Yup. Nope. Still trust em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    795 Posts
    Rep Points

Did someone hack your email to alter the bitcoin address somehow or maybe a simple mixup as stated? Just throwing that out there as this is a serious accusation to make.
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    My eyes hurt! Did you try to contact them here, I'm sure it's a simple mixup
    I've been emailing back and forth with their sales support and they refuse to send my order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    Did someone hack your email to alter the bitcoin address somehow or maybe a simple mixup as stated? Just throwing that out there as this is a serious accusation to make.
    Nope I sent it directly to the address that was given to me. I've been using crypto for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    304 Posts
    Rep Points

I've been emailing back and forth with their sales support and they refuse to send my order.
    Get your post count up and then pm them directly here at ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Get your post count up and then pm them directly here at ASF
    How many posts do I need to PM them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    795 Posts
    Rep Points

50 posts but be sure they are very good posts and not spam.
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    304 Posts
    Rep Points

I thought it was 10? Did they change that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    767 Posts
    Rep Points

10 posts to send PM

One more to go OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts
    Rep Points

Haha yea sounds like something basic would do...

TEAM GREEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    202 Posts
    Rep Points

GDI now I have to follow this thread so when it gets resolved I won’t have some slanderous BS in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

Hmm I had no problems with them recently. I feel like this was an error on someones part and not theft.