• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Post workout meal after fasted cardio

joos23

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Does it really matter if I have chicken or does it need to be a fast absorbing protein? I know after weight training its needs to be fast absorbing. Hoping someone can elaborate if it needs to be fast absorbing and why. Thanks!

Why dont you try a half scoop of protien for peace of mind and have your chicken too. If you want more of an intermediate digesting protien..not quite as fast as whey but faster than meat or chicken ..then try egg whites pwo.

I would not stress over timing unless your using slin. Then and only then might you actually notice a benefit.

I frequently delay my post-fasted cardio meal depending upon my work schedule that day, so I sit there and starve for a while following fasted cardio. Sometimes when cutting I will eat right away, but make it a meal with less calories than I burned on the stair master. For instance, I burn 440 calories, fasted? Then I eat 350 calories.

My protein choice is always the same, however. Eggs.

Low calorie - two eggs, cup egg whites, half ounce cheese, cup of Earl Grey hot tea.

Higher calorie - 6 to 8 eggs (depends on what I am doing in my diet at the time), half cup (dry) Quaker Old Fashioned Oats flavored only with cinnamon, slice of toast. Tea.

On a once a week or so binge the oats and toast will be doubled. On a once every few months binge, I will not only double those things but add pancakes and bacon. I am not always doing fasted cardio on a day like that, though . . . so I am getting far afield from your question.

I frequently delay my post-fasted cardio meal depending upon my work schedule that day, so I sit there and starve for a while following fasted cardio. Sometimes when cutting I will eat right away, but make it a meal with less calories than I burned on the stair master. For instance, I burn 440 calories, fasted? Then I eat 350 calories.

My protein choice is always the same, however. Eggs.

Low calorie - two eggs, cup egg whites, half ounce cheese, cup of Earl Grey hot tea.

Higher calorie - 6 to 8 eggs (depends on what I am doing in my diet at the time), half cup (dry) Quaker Old Fashioned Oats flavored only with cinnamon, slice of toast. Tea.

On a once a week or so binge the oats and toast will be doubled. On a once every few months binge, I will not only double those things but add pancakes and bacon. I am not always doing fasted cardio on a day like that, though . . . so I am getting far afield from your question.

I am on low calories. I went with chicken. Egg whites do nothing for me. I am adding 1/2 c of oats with my chicken. Only energy source I have till my pre workout meal. I'm up around 2:45 if I can sleep that long lol, then I have lunch at noon aka pre workout meal. Rather be having it at 1:30, but due to my job I can't help it. Then I train at 2:50

"Low calorie - two eggs, cup egg whites, half ounce cheese, cup of Earl Grey hot tea.
Higher calorie - 6 to 8 eggs (depends on what I am doing in my diet at the time), half cup (dry) Quaker Old Fashioned Oats flavored only with cinnamon, slice of toast. Tea."

Almost similar as mine. Egg works well for me too.

If youre really worried im a huge fan of drinking half of a serving of protein during my fasted cardio. Doesnt mess with the whole 'fasted' part of the cardio either and should supply you with BCAAs from the protein itself. One of my favs.

Back