BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

The dark side of bikini competition

orig.jpg hqdefault.jpg
    Every year more than 600 women line up side by side on a stage where they will be judged on their appearance – wearing nothing more than a bikini and a pair of high heels.

What might sound like a perverse, rights-deprived, dystopian beauty pageant is actually a popular bodybuilding competition that fashions itself as a “sport”, with competitors, often referring to themselves as “athletes”.
    Here are quotes from several ladies who performed in this category.
    “It was like a science experiment to see how I could change my body. I learned so much about training and nutrition,” the 24-year-old told
    “To compete, the girls have to embark on a calorie-controlled diet”. Typically, this is maintained by cutting out major food groups like gluten and/or dairy.

“They still have to eat very healthy food, like chicken, rice, fish, sweet potato etc, in small meals,” they said.

“Competing is not easy in any sport, and it takes dedication and willpower. It takes courage to go on stage and show the audience what you have achieved. Our advice is to always enjoy it.”

While the intention might seem innocent enough, the reality is far darker. The FB girl recalling girls backstage suffering from intense exhaustion due to their highly restrictive diets.

“None of them had any energy. All of them were drinking red wine to dehydrate. They were so drained and it was just so sad to see them."

“It’s a lifestyle for people but it’s not healthy,”
    “It was awfully difficult putting so much pressure on my aesthetics for a prolonged period of time. You are focussed so much on the process, but at the end of the day you are literally just being judged on how you look – the judges don’t care how you got there,”

Would they do it again?
    “It certainly is not a healthy lifestyle for anyone, constantly putting your body under stress both during prep and offseason”.

“I personally would never compete again. I don’t think that I would gain anything from it and it definitely affected my mindset negatively afterward when I was putting on weight.”

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Rep Points

In order to get into that kind of condition, both male or female, you have to operate way outside the norms to look "abnormal." It's uncomfortable.

But it's a temporary state as maintaining extremely low bf% isn't possible. Unless you are gifted genetically... these ppl are usually champions in their respective "sport."

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    In order to get into that kind of condition, both male or female, you have to operate way outside the norms to look "abnormal." It's uncomfortable.

But it's a temporary state as maintaining extremely low bf% isn't possible. Unless you are gifted genetically... these ppl are usually champions in their respective "sport."
    Women are a little different because they have a period, their body is more sensitive and susceptible to changes much stronger than men. Have you seen how many bikini eats? even without AS support, it loses the cycle only by using a diet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    704 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post

Exactly. Guys are just as thrashed. It's outside the norm for any human, regardless of sex.

Quote Originally Posted by aenergy View Post
    Women are a little different because they have a period, their body is more sensitive and susceptible to changes much stronger than men. Have you seen how many bikini eats? even without AS support, it loses the cycle only by using a diet.
    Yeah, it may affect their menstrual cycle, but I'm pretty sure they weren't looking to get preggers during competition prep anyway.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Exactly. Guys are just as thrashed. It's outside the norm for any human, regardless of sex.

Yeah, it may affect their menstrual cycle, but I'm pretty sure they weren't looking to get preggers during competition prep anyway.
    I have friends who didn't take AS, but have been trying to restore their cycle for half a year after the competition. Everything is very subjectively and ladies never know the reflection of their organism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Rep Points

A friend of ours did figure. She competed pretty often. The last show she was natty (difference was huge). She can't have kids and looks 10 years older than she is.

The aging and fertility issues may be due to the competitions or it might be genetic. Who knows. But I do believe competing regularly puts your body through the ringer.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1977 View Post
    A friend of ours did figure. She competed pretty often. The last show she was natty (difference was huge). She can't have kids and looks 10 years older than she is.

The aging and fertility issues may be due to the competitions or it might be genetic. Who knows. But I do believe competing regularly puts your body through the ringer.
    Yep, bro. The main is if the victory cost that sacrifice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts
    Rep Points

At first when I read the title I thought this was gonna be about all the sex and shit that goes on to try and get a better placing by the girls competing lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by suraonyx23 View Post
    At first when I read the title I thought this was gonna be about all the sex and shit that goes on to try and get a better placing by the girls competing lol
    Hahahaha.

You never hear guys crying about #metoo

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by suraonyx23 View Post
    Why only girls? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by aenergy View Post
    Why only girls? lol
    Not really into dudes or the g4p lol. Not that there's anything wrong with that just not for me lol

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Rep Points

They look incredible. But its far from a sexy look...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,327 Posts
    Rep Points

I’m sure some of them male physique models take it in the head to move up the totem pole...lol

the darkside of bikini to me = butt holes. That’s the first thing I thought of.

vv mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    I’m sure some of them male physique models take it in the head to move up the totem pole...lol

the darkside of bikini to me = butt holes. That’s the first thing I thought of.
    HAHAHAHAHAH That is exactly what I thought also
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1977 View Post

Worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk