• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

When you hit a wall what do you do?

IML Gear Cream!
A nice Vacation for a week helps me physically and mentally, especially when I’ve been going hard for long periods.

Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A week off can be a great thing. I usually listen to my body and it will tell me when it's time to take a short break. I'll usually get tired and achey...like almost fluey type feeling. I know that's my CNS being overworked. I'll take a week off and come back the next week and my normal weights feel like warm up weights. A week can do wonders for recovery.

Music, music, music. This might be a personality thing but I'm OCD and think too much. Might be the virgo part of me (if you believe in that stuff). But I tend to use music and the gym as an escape and some days the music just can't be loud enough to drown out my thinking ...

Same with the music selection, I have my songs that I keep on reserve to push through that rep, set, or whole workout on the days you just don't feel the normal motivation and just need an extra push.

Vacations and days of pampering and rest help a lot as well. Not being stubborn and ACTUALLY using your rest day to......REST, can help a ton.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know this may sound corny but when I hit a wall with training or diet, I sit down and write. Sometimes I am able to get the reason out of my head without sitting here psychoanalyzing it in my head. Some how, putting things down on paper and getting it out of my head allows me to find the answer. I don’t hold back and I don’t think about what I’m writing. I just write. I let the pen do all the work.

This actually applies to the walls I’ve hit in life too. Recently, back in October, I lost my grandma on Oct 22 and then my dad the next morning less than 12 hours later on Oct 23, ended a horrible relationship on Oct 28, fell into a rut of depression, then my grandpa passed away Dec 23 and then on New Year’s Eve my dog got out of the yard and was hit by a car- he was scared from all the fireworks. Needless to say, I was quite depressed and my outlet at the time was writing. I filled two separate three subject notebooks full of journaling. Coupled with meditation, this is an extremely powerful tool for me.

I agree with what’s been said about taking a couple days off to recoup maybe eat some food you’re not supposed to and feel guilty about it later. I’ve noticed that after dieting for a while, my stomach has gotten smaller and I can’t stomach those foods not on my diet. I end up regretting it and then realize I’m not missing out on anything and these foods will be here for when I “can” eat whatever I want on a cheat meal.

When I hit a place in my diet where I want to cheat, I apply the same ideology that I do when it comes to staying away from drugs. I tell myself, “not today but maybe tomorrow.” I know that sounds odd but it works for me. Usually by the next day I don’t even have that desire to cheat or use.

Alright! I’m done! Hope this helps someone!

Thank you for being so open and vulnerable in posting this. I hope you've turned a corner and are doing so much better these days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hows everyone's training going, any body hit a wall, stagnant gains?

Every time I hit a wall I swap up my music genre I’m listening to. Tends to help me get back in my lane and stay motivated.

Hope it helps

Every time I hit a wall I swap up my music genre I’m listening to. Tends to help me get back in my lane and stay motivated.

Hope it helps

It's funny you mention this because I believe someone said the same thing a couple weeks ago and just recently I changed the stations on my Pandora.. I have a whole new rhythm and tempo going on.. good suggestion my dude, you reminded me that maybe I should stick with it!

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of hitting a wall ... what’s TV8 (touregV8) been up to? Anyone heard from him lately?

Good question man..

Always stick with it!!

Glad I could help

Hit a wall:
Take a week off, eat like a mother, change workout, and set a 1 month goal(BF%, PR, etc)
Works every time for me! 
Yes...goals goals goals. We always need something to work towards. Going to the gym just to catch a quick pump will only deliver progress for so long. Eventually you have to push past your plateaus and have something to work toward.

Back