• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Dislocated Rib

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I dislocated a rib this weekend and visited my chiropractor on Monday. He got the rib back in, and I felt great for a couple of hours...then it slipped out again. With almost zero effort from me. At this point, I'm wondering if I should go back to chiropractor and hope it doesn't do it again or try something else. Anyone got any good home remedies or techniques for getting it back in?

I've never even heard of ribs being dislocated. Are you sure that this isn't merely a term that your chiropractor made up? Anyway, based on my own experience with chiropractor visits, many instances require several visits. if there's a vertabrea out of place, and it's been out od place for awhile, although the chiro can manipulate your spine and get it back into place right away, it can sometimes have a tendency to creep back where it was before your visit, and going three times a week for a couple weeks can work to keep it where it belongs over the long run.

Was the pain associated with this injury intense? And did the pain come on suddenly while you were in the gym?

This happens to me from time to time . I always thought it was a back issue . My chiro pops them back but the fact is it’s happening again . It was suggested to me by to breath out while sliding my back, in the area of the rib(s),down a counter top . If that makes sense . Luckily I have a granite bar top with a rounded edge . It has helped but regular visits to the Joint has also helped .

I wish I'd been in the gym. I was literally bending over to reach a paint can on the floor (yeah, I'm old). Felt a sharp jab in my lower right chest and a kick in the back. I've got a nice see-saw pain going on. I instinctively thought "dislocated rib" the second it happened...no chiro advice involved in my layman analysis. My back has been out more times than I can remember and this was nothing like that. And it's not like I was doing anything that would have broke the rib.

I'm also dubious of chiros that make you come back over and over again. Not saying it isn't needed sometimes, but when they start saying "6 months of twice weekly adjustments" I start looking for another one.

I have 16 that I can dislocate. Bigger I get the worse they are. I have damaged the cartilage so much I can flex and pull some out. Sucks, but thats life.

This happens to me from time to time . I always thought it was a back issue . My chiro pops them back but the fact is it’s happening again . It was suggested to me by to breath out while sliding my back, in the area of the rib(s),down a counter top . If that makes sense . Luckily I have a granite bar top with a rounded edge . It has helped but regular visits to the Joint has also helped .

Well, I too have a granite counter top with rounded edge...and it worked! Thanks, bro! I'd tried umpteen things to get it back in place. The back is better again, but that tip still hurts. Do you find you have to repeat this frequently before it stays?

I have 16 that I can dislocate. Bigger I get the worse they are. I have damaged the cartilage so much I can flex and pull some out. Sucks, but thats life.

Dang that sucks! So what's your method for getting them back in?

a few of them I can get back in with inanimate objects like the edge of the counter or the weight pins sticking off leg press. Ive taught my son how to put a few in with his hands, others I have to go the chiro

Well, I too have a granite counter top with rounded edge...and it worked! Thanks, bro! I'd tried umpteen things to get it back in place. The back is better again, but that tip still hurts. Do you find you have to repeat this frequently before it stays?
Yes sometimes it takes more than once . It’s usually sore but bearable.

Have had it happen to me numerous times sometimes it takes multiple times but mostly once. My chiro also worked for the women's Olympics though so.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back