• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

The importance of total mg on cycle

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How much thought are you guys putting into the total mg you're running on cycle?

Does it even pop into your head when you plan or, is it more along the lines of, I'll run this and this and this and these are doses I usually use?

Personally I think the total mg used is often not taken into account or emphasized TOO much......

What cha think

Great topic, I have always leaned towards the low side to avoid side effects. I don't think I have every used Test above 600mg. EQ is probably the only compound I used over 600mg. I seem to respond pretty well to lower dosage and never thought about going higher like a gram or something more. I do think its important though to take it into consideration. My question back to you is if running a longer cycle does it make sense to up the dosage? For instance, more than 16 weeks should you bump at the 16 week mark?

When going all out I go for 3 grams total or more with 1/3 of that being test. When doing a modest cycle1-2 grams, when cruising I try to stay under 500 but won’t go past 600mg not including proviron because I just don’t feel the need to factor it in. I’ve ran proviron for more than a year at a time and when dropping to trt or a cruise it doesn’t affect my bloods negatively whatsoever. I used to just run things at doses I liked running them at and didn’t think about the overall mg until just about 1.5 years ago

I don't think of the total. I think of each compound, because each is being added for a specific purpose. The total is what it is after adding the compounds I want, each in the right amount.

Great topic, I have always leaned towards the low side to avoid side effects. I don't think I have every used Test above 600mg. EQ is probably the only compound I used over 600mg. I seem to respond pretty well to lower dosage and never thought about going higher like a gram or something more. I do think its important though to take it into consideration. My question back to you is if running a longer cycle does it make sense to up the dosage? For instance, more than 16 weeks should you bump at the 16 week mark?
If I were on cycle that long, doses would increase at the 8 week mark then possibly the 12 week mark.

If I was going to continue longer then 16 weeks, I would swap compounds. That swap would depend on bloods of course but also what my goals were going forward.

If I had been on a test heavy blast I may opt for dropping test back and adding in something like ment since it works so well with low test.

Or, swap to short esters for a bit.

I don't think of the total. I think of each compound, because each is being added for a specific purpose. The total is what it is after adding the compounds I want, each in the right amount.
So, you don't focus on a total number just the goal and what doses you respond well too correct?

I have to think of total dose because I'm very prone to side effects. I can usually run two compounds higher mg per compound than I can if running four but it doesn't always work that way. I can run test at 600 and eq 800 but if I add deca at 500 then I have to back the test and eq down a little.

High doses are overrated and dumb.

Guys act like they are preparing to step on stage when they dont eat or train right or enough. Almost everyone here is a regular Joe that has to work for a living, has a family and so on.

I have found my sweet spot of less than 1000mg a week, or 1 gram for those of you mathematically challenged :)

Last cycle was 600mg test and 300mg mast with no orals.

Would not been any advantage running more.

I have to think of total dose because I'm very prone to side effects. I can usually run two compounds higher mg per compound than I can if running four but it doesn't always work that way. I can run test at 600 and eq 800 but if I add deca at 500 then I have to back the test and eq down a little.
So, is the total mg more important or the compounds themselves?

So, is the total mg more important or the compounds themselves?

My tolerance to each compound is more important, definitely can't run tren and ment a gram a week like I can test and deca.

IML Gear Cream!
I focus more on compounds, esters and dosing schedule more then "weekly" totals.

My tolerance to each compound is more important, definitely can't run tren and ment a gram a week like I can test and deca.
I focus more on compounds, esters and dosing schedule more then "weekly" totals.
There we go. That's what I was getting at.

So you wouldn't consider a 1500mg total of eq and test to be the same as 1500mg total of tren and test.

So you wouldn't consider a 1500mg total of eq and test to be the same as 1500mg total of tren and test.

fuck no!! say 1g of Test & 5oo of Tren is a whole different animal compared to say 900 Test & 600 EQ. No where near comparable

So, you don't focus on a total number just the goal and what doses you respond well too correct?
I think that is a good way of stating it. For instance, last summer, 600mg test, 900 mg EQ, 300 tren, 300 mast. Each compound was there for something different. I have not, even today, ever added them up. It is not really fair to compare the 300 tren and 300 mast, even though they are the same mg. Adding them together and saying "600 mg of steroids" really does not tell the whole story. Ok, so I just added them all up. 2.1 grams. (more than I thought, LOL!) But EQ works well with no real side effects at that level (at least for me), and that is almost half the total. Mast does not really do much, I added it so I would not need to take an AI (and did not). Mast reduces estrogen symptoms and some of the sides of tren for me. It was in there for that reason, not to add to the total gear. I hope that explanation makes sense.

fuck no!! say 1g of Test & 5oo of Tren is a whole different animal compared to say 900 Test & 600 EQ. No where near comparable
Exactly. A lot of guys see someone say they're running 1500mg cycle and get high and mighty about the dose when 1500mg of say primo and test isn't equal to 1500mg of test and tren.

Good stuff!

Exactly

Exactly. A lot of guys see someone say they're running 1500mg cycle and get high and mighty about the dose when 1500mg of say primo and test isn't equal to 1500mg of test and tren.

Good stuff!
Yeah not even close lol. It's definitely dependant on the compound

How much thought are you guys putting into the total mg you're running on cycle?

Does it even pop into your head when you plan or, is it more along the lines of, I'll run this and this and this and these are doses I usually use?

Personally I think the total mg used is often not taken into account or emphasized TOO much......

What cha think
The total dosage of any one gear cycle is something I always pay attention to, but not so much for results, more due to side effects and HEALTH RISKS from the gear cycle in question. So I think that you've brought up a very important topic here. I've often seen guys post their cycle dosages on here, and I thought to myself: "doesn't this guy even care that he's playing around with 3 or 4 grams of total gear, and he plans on a lengthy cycle with this total dosage?"

I believe that even if you can use 100mg of Anadrol daily for 8 weeks, and your liver values might still be good at the tail end of the cycle, (as mine have been) if you then add 350mg of Tren per week along with that, or 800mg of deca per week, on top of the usual 500-750mg of Test, then you need to keep a much closer watch on your blood work, and probably have the bloods taken more often during your cycle, since there's a very good chance that the extra compounds added together are going to be tougher on your kidneys and liver than just one or two compounds at a time have been, simply due to the total dosage being higher. All these compounds can tax your liver and kidneys to varying degrees, so adding them all together in dosages that you might ordinarily be using when just taking any one of them individually with Test alone, is most likely going to place more of a strain and more stress on your internal organs.

I think this is grossly overlooked here among many guys on this board. Instead many guys seem to just be only concerned with the potential muscle gains. Many guys are only looking at the potential of a "synergistic" effect of four or five anabolic compounds stacked together in the same gear cycle, but some of those same guys don't seem to be concerned with the accumulated stress being placed on their internal organs as a direct result

Last edited:
High doses are overrated and dumb.

Guys act like they are preparing to step on stage when they dont eat or train right or enough. Almost everyone here is a regular Joe that has to work for a living, has a family and so on.

I have found my sweet spot of less than 1000mg a week, or 1 gram for those of you mathematically challenged :)

Last cycle was 600mg test and 300mg mast with no orals.

Would not been any advantage running more.

100% agreed!!! Why kill your body with high mg when your not competing or plan on competing. Each his own but just my .2

Get Shredded!
Tren and trest are their own monsters. Definitely compound dependent now that I think about it but on a cycle that I’m on right now with various compounds and no tren my thinking was three grams of gear overall. If tren was in the equation I’d definitely lower the overall mgs and probably drop some things

I place no importance on total mgs, cycle or blasts by design are engineered by hormones, injection schedule is important to me so ester is a factor in planning that as well
For instance .
Current hormones per week
200 sten
200 iso
200 tpp
Current Schedule is Sat Tuesday Thursday
Ease of use important to me, so this works well and I can increase iso test easily with 1 extra shot, 200mgs per ml on any off day

You guys measure? Don't you know IFBB pros squeeze stuff into paste in their breakfast cereal and eat it.

sprinkle your raws over rice....................

Back