IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,164 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CSOReaper View Post
    Careful, we have a bad ass over here!

I don't remember you ever being like this Heckler. Why don't you explain your situation. Educate me. I didn't say there wasn't such a thing as PTSD, I said that is the flavor of the month with everyone just about.

Neg me all you like, but the fact remains.

Did a man get captured and tortured? Was he involved in a horrible ambush and shot multiple times? PTSD, probably.

Did he see some people die in horrific ways? Did he have to kill people? Part of War. I just can't correlate signing up for the military during wartime and thinking you aren't going to see these type of situations.

For the record, my father did two tours in Vietnam, shot twice on separate occasions. I am well versed in the things that happen.

I really mean no offense to the people that deserve it.
    PTSD is a real documented medical condition, they even depict it in every war movie made. its not fun and easy money, people suffer

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,721 Posts
    Rep Points

PTSD was recognized all the way back to WW1 when it was referred to as shell shock.

I have talked to guys that have experienced horrific massacres and did fine afterwards, others that never recover.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,164 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    PTSD was recognized all the way back to WW1 when it was referred to as shell shock.

I have talked to guys that have experienced horrific massacres and did fine afterwards, others that never recover.
    exactly bro, some guys crumble and others rise to the occasion. it doesnt even need to be war tho everyone thinks war is where PTSD occurs and that guys are living like Kings off their disability checks.

Sometimes doctors wont see you for something military related I just went to my family doc around october to get a script and he straight told me NO! you need to go to the VA for that.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,721 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    exactly bro, some guys crumble and others rise to the occasion. it doesnt even need to be war tho everyone thinks war is where PTSD occurs and that guys are living like Kings off their disability checks.

Sometimes doctors wont see you for something military related I just went to my family doc around october to get a script and he straight told me NO! you need to go to the VA for that.
    Living with PTSD is a miserable existence, I would not wish it on anybody.

A guy working at a local gas station has it, he has no coping skills. He seen unreal shit when invading Baghdad.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,164 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    Living with PTSD is a miserable existence, I would not wish it on anybody.

A guy working at a local gas station has it, he has no coping skills. He seen unreal shit when invading Baghdad.
    being in a live threatening situation and having you senses hightened, your heart beating so hard you cant breathe, a paralyzing fear where you body shuts down and you have tunnel vision and having to force yourself to continue on isnt for everyone. coming out the other side of that you adjust to your new reality. But then you come home and have to push all that deep down and move on like a regular joe, not easy and some just cant. 22 vets commit suicide daily so it isnt a joke

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,721 Posts
    Rep Points

More on the guy I described.

One bombing was so massive it created it's own weather pattern with lighting after the bombing.

Then drove through there and saw the mayhem.