• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Crock / Instant Pot Recipes

IML Gear Cream!
Excellent thread! I'd say 1/2 my meals are cooked in one of these. My wife is excellent with it. The big thing imo is it tenderizes cheaper lean cuts of meat. Plus the flavor is better along with moisture retention.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Attempting my first IP meatloaf tonight. Going to be more of a Salisbury steak style but I'll post it up once I decide if it's worthy or not lol

Meatloafs are great in the instant pot.

Meatloaf in an instant pot. Damn good idea. Will be my next adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

Meatloafs are great in the instant pot.
Make sure you make one tonight so I can have a slice tomorrow when I get there. Kthnx.

Instant pot king ranch chicken
3 cups chicken broth
2lbs chicken (cubed)
2 ranch season packets
1 can rotel
16oz Velveeta
1/2c milk
16oz pasta

Turn pot on Sautee. Add chicken and ranch season. Mix together. Add broth, pasta and rotel. Cook on manual for 6 minutes followed by a quick release.

Add in milk and cheese.

All done

Get Shredded!
IP Salisbury Style Meatloaf

So this is a new one I just made up tonight. I think it's missing something, like maybe a little ground sage and ground thyme in the meat, but my fiancee thought it was awesome. Maybe I'm just hypercritical of my own cooking, but I don't know. It'll definitely need to be salted to taste though for most.

Meatloaf:
2lb ground beef (I use 90/10, ground sirloin, London broil, or whatever tasty cut is on sale)
1/2c old fashioned oats
2 small eggs or 1 large egg
1/2 medium onion, diced fine
2tsp garlic powder
2tsp ground mustard
1tbsp tomato paste
1tsp worchestershire sauce
1tsp salt
1/2tsp fresh ground black pepper

Sauce:
1c beef broth
4-6 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
3/4c dry red wine
1tbsp tomato paste
1tsp worchestershire sauce
1/2tsp salt
1/4c cold water
2tbsp corn starch

Mix together meatloaf ingredients except meat, onion, and oats in a large bowl. Mix into the meat well. Make a makeshift bowl out of aluminum foil to hold meatloaf on the trivet in the IP. Sautee garlic and onions in pot on medium heat, turn off and add red wine to deglaze the bottom of the pot. Add tomato paste to wine and onion mix and stir well to mix. Simmer until thickened. Turn off pot. Add 1 cup beef broth and salt and stir well with sauteed onions. Place trivet in the pot, and place the makeshift foil bowl on top of it with the loaf inside. Set lid and seal, pressure cook on high for 25 minutes. Turn off the pot, quick release seal, and carefully remove foil bowl and meatloaf from the pot. Stir 1/4c cold water with corn starch in a measuring cup. Set pot to medium sautee, and when it starts to simmer slowly stir in corn starch mixture until desired thickness is reached. Turn off pot, and serve with the slices of meat covered in sauce.

Sounds good. The sauce = gravy

Mine are ultrasimplistic: a handful of breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning or Lipton dry onion soup mix and a couple eggs mixed into 3lbs of ground beef. 25 mins. BOOM!

Simple chicken

This is how I prep all my chicken

1 bottle zesty Italian dressing
1 pack Kroger chicken season or whatever you like

Mix one bottle of Italian dressing with season.

Put 5 lbs of chicken in a zip lock and add dressing. Let sit over night.

Add chicken to instant pot with trivet in the bottom (if you don't put the trivet in it may get the chicken on the bottom over dobe). Add half a cup of water to bottom.

Manual setting for 13 minutes with a five minute natural release then quick release.

Prefect every time.

Simple chicken

This is how I prep all my chicken

1 bottle zesty Italian dressing
1 pack Kroger chicken season or whatever you like

Mix one bottle of Italian dressing with season.

Put 5 lbs of chicken in a zip lock and add dressing. Let sit over night.

Add chicken to instant pot with trivet in the bottom (if you don't put the trivet in it may get the chicken on the bottom over dobe). Add half a cup of water to bottom.

Manual setting for 13 minutes with a five minute natural release then quick release.

Prefect every time.

Just got my Insta pot last Saturday..first thing I’m doing is this chicken....I tossed my well used old George foreman to make space for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instant pot chicken taco salad
33897ac4abcdc9bbe2bd1445b7db8478.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Instant Pot Chili

Not a clean meal at all, but great for a cheat on a cold winter day.

1 lb 90% ground beef
1T olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 14 oz cans chili beans
1 10 oz can tomato sauce
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1C beef broth
2T chili powder
1/4t garlic powder
1/4t cumin
1/4t salt
1/4t pepper
1T habanero sauce (optional)
shredded cheese
1T corn starch
1T water

• Turn instant pot to saute and add the oil. Once HOT, add the ground beef, onion, green pepper and cook until meat is no longer pink. Use wooden spoon to break up beef.
  • Turn instant pot off and add the remaining ingredients and stir.
  • Close lid and set the instant pot to pressure cook for 25 minutes.
  • Allow the pressure to release naturally for 8 minutes, then do a quick release.
  • In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth and immediately whisk into hot chili. Add shredded cheese to taste. Allow to thicken for 5 minutes before serving.

I had this two days ago... damn good! Thank you for sharing!

Instant pot king ranch chicken
3 cups chicken broth
2lbs chicken (cubed)
2 ranch season packets
1 can rotel
16oz Velveeta
1/2c milk
16oz pasta

Turn pot on Sautee. Add chicken and ranch season. Mix together. Add broth, pasta and rotel. Cook on manual for 6 minutes followed by a quick release.

Add in milk and cheese.

All done

I make something like this everytime we have left over veleveeta queso, I add cooked chicken stir and eat ... absolutely delicious

This ranch packets sound like a tasty addition... insta pot or ninja pot

I make something like this everytime we have left over veleveeta queso, I add cooked chicken stir and eat ... absolutely delicious

This ranch packets sound like a tasty addition... insta pot or ninja pot

Instant pot brother

IML Gear Cream!
Instant Pot Mexican Chorizo Sausage

Simple, quick, and extremely tasty.

2-4 chorizo sausage links
1/2T olive oil
1/3T grassfed butter (I like Kerrygold Pure Irish butter)
1C beef broth

• Turn instant pot to saute and add butter and oil. Once HOT, add chorizo links and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.
  • Once browned, turn instant pot off, remove the links and transfer to a plate.
  • Add trivet to instant pot, pour in 1C of beef broth, and place chorizo links on top of trivet.
  • Close and lock lid, set the instant pot to pressure cook for 8 minutes.
  • Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes then do a quick release.

Serve over top brown rice and place sweet cherry pepper strips on top of the chorizo sausage.

Instant Pot Chili

Not a clean meal at all, but great for a cheat on a cold winter day.

1 lb 90% ground beef
1T olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 14 oz cans chili beans
1 10 oz can tomato sauce
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1C beef broth
2T chili powder
1/4t garlic powder
1/4t cumin
1/4t salt
1/4t pepper
1T habanero sauce (optional)
shredded cheese
1T corn starch
1T water

• Turn instant pot to saute and add the oil. Once HOT, add the ground beef, onion, green pepper and cook until meat is no longer pink. Use wooden spoon to break up beef.
  • Turn instant pot off and add the remaining ingredients and stir.
  • Close lid and set the instant pot to pressure cook for 25 minutes.
  • Allow the pressure to release naturally for 8 minutes, then do a quick release.
  • In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth and immediately whisk into hot chili. Add shredded cheese to taste. Allow to thicken for 5 minutes before serving.
I made this yesterday. Followed recipe to a T. Was amazing. Best thing I've made in the instant pot so far.

Chicken before and after.
d0871074a72c2eb3eb9574b107bbff95.jpg
2ddb4dac62d5a9ba9930ba6ee2f1eb11.jpg
You've mentioned italian seasoning, is that what is on this?

Also, do you set the chicken on the rack or is it sitting directly in bottum of pan? How much water? How long to cook for?

You've mentioned italian seasoning, is that what is on this?

Also, do you set the chicken on the rack or is it sitting directly in bottum of pan? How much water? How long to cook for?
Yeah I'll let the chicken sit in Italian dressing and chicken season over night then dump the whole thing in.

On the rack yes.

13 minutes then 5 minute natural release before quick release

That's awesome man. I'm glad you liked it.
Got written down in the household recipe book for later use for sure. Definitely hit the stop on a cold winter day. One of those comfort meals. Now to try that tenderloin recipe you posted. Thanks JD.

Got written down in the household recipe book for later use for sure. Definitely hit the stop on a cold winter day. One of those comfort meals. Now to try that tenderloin recipe you posted. Thanks JD.
Definitely use chicken tenderloins. I've tried chicken breasts, thin cut chicken breasts, and thighs. The tenderloins work the best for my taste anyway. I have used that recipe for years, in a covered saute pan. Always worked great. But adapting it to the instant pot takes it to a whole new level. Incredibly tender, meat just falls apart.

Think I posted this one already but I'll put it up again.

Instant pot ribs

1-2 racks baby back ribs
Season of choice (I used Tuscan season and honey garlic season)

Let em marinate!

Place one rack in the instant pot with ribs against the liner so the meat is in the center.

Cut the other rack in half and place one half on the open space of the liner like the first rack and the second part in the center.

Add
1/4c apple cider vinegar
3/4c water

Cook on manual or meat setting for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for ten minutes then do a quick release.

Put ribs on a pan and coat with BBQ sauce. Sit them under the oven broiler for 5 minutes. Be sure to check them so the sauce doesn't burn.

Tada! Best ribs you've ever made.

Before sauce and after sauce in the pics. I had a few with no sauce to "test" them
82bb3247d3b078f073a97518bb7a9c63.jpg
000046b0aad96cede0ba35eb1fdd0540.jpg

Instant pot shredded flank -

4lbs flank or skirt steak
5 packets fajita season
4 garlic cubes
2 bags frozen pepper onion mix

Marinate flank with 4 of the fajita packs and water over night.

Put all the flank in the pot with about half Cup of the left over fajita/water mix and two garlic cubes.

Cook in manual for 45 minutes and let pressure release naturally for five minutes before quick release.

Move flank to separate container and shred.

Dump half of the water in the pot out and add two garlic cubes, two bags of frozen peppers and the last fajita pack.

Sautee until peppers are hot.

Drain peppers and add to flank.

Destroy.
fdaf69a997c3bc8ee9f5894498e87160.jpg
b2ad1666d4e1600dcede26179b2f78c7.jpg
b74fee38f8ccaf00248beabeb89472e7.jpg

New one for me.

Instant pot dump chicken and rice bowl

You just throw this shit together and cook. Very good

In the pot add -
3 cups water
2tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp cumin
4tbsp tomato bouillon (powder type)
1tbsp salt

Mix this so you don't get clumps

Add without stirring -
2 cups rice (any rice besides brown because brown rice sucks cock)
2 15oz cans black beans (I used the seasoned ones)
2 10oz cans enchilada sauce
3lbs chicken (tenderloins work best but thin cut breast works too)

Cook on manual for 30 minutes . Natural release for 10 minutes then quick release.

Bomb shit

Back