• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Do you mix your protein powder with milk or water?

Both, 1% milk, generally more milk in winter when bulking...more water in spring when cutting down for summer beach vacations and pool parties.

Last edited:
egg whites.
Egg whites are good... A little lower in the BCAAs than whey and slower to digest but still an excellent protein... unless you compare them to hydrolyzed whey isolate (which tastes nasty).

I mix my protein with 8oz egg whites and 4oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Let's narrow this down to pre or post workout. Any advantages either way?

IML Gear Cream!
Mix mine the same no matter when

Let's narrow this down to pre or post workout. Any advantages either way?

Post workout i feel water is best. Biggest reason is that you are trying to recover as quick as possible and absorb protein as quickly as possible to repair muscles. Milk can slow this process down.

I like whey protein mixed with water and honey post workout

My post workout protein shake is whey isolate mixed with water that has my bcaas and eaa’s in it from my intra workout water bottle.

Fat free milk and egg whites, either fairlife or regular milk

Post workout i feel water is best. Biggest reason is that you are trying to recover as quick as possible and absorb protein as quickly as possible to repair muscles. Milk can slow this process down.

Why would milk slow it down?

Fast and slow proteins mixed with creamy almond cashew blend 30 mins before the gym. I've got protein in me readily available my entire workout. Makes sense to me. The almond cashew creamy stuff doesnt bloat me like milk and is much better tasting than water.

I cut out milk 2 years. Just recently started incorporating it again. Have to go with the lactose free though. Fairlife milk when bulking water when cutting.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Why would milk slow it down?
If i remember right, milk is about 80% casein and 20% whey protein. Not sure if consuming casein with another protein source such as whey or egg whites would slow down everything though.

If i remember right, milk is about 80% casein and 20% whey protein. Not sure if consuming casein with another protein source such as whey or egg whites would slow down everything though.

Exactly.
Yes it would.

Get Shredded!
Water and post workout or if I don’t have time to sit down and eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either 1% milk or whole milk , but when it's in the blender, def add COLD water to thin up the shake !!!

I mix mine with equal parts milk and water as the powder doesn't mix well in whole milk.

Mix mine with water and a scoop of ovaltine, because it’s pure bulk supplements whey protein isolate. Tasteless with no additives. By itself It’s disgusting by itself, like drinking dirty dish water 🤮

I do 2 scoops of protein in 600ml of full fat milk.

When bulking most my protein shakes look like this.

2 scoops protein
2 giant scoops powdered oats
2 bananas
600-800ml full fat milk

I been doing 1 or 2 cups egg whites instead of h20. And or a cup of oats depending on the time of,day and where im at with macros.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Back