• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Weekly cheat good or bad

joos23

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What's everyone's input? I have told to eat w.e. you want and much as you want. Restarts your metabolism etc

Usually bad. It might be good if you are starving to the point that your body is shutting down its metabolism as a survival mechanism. Usually, the person asking about this is not cutting hard enough. So, the answer is person dependent, but 95% or more of the time the answer is no.

Whatever and how much ever will put you backwards, almost guaranteed. You also don't really need a cheat meal until you're really dieted down...it's more for sanity. I do tend to need to feed tren about once every week or every other depending on how hard I'm dieting, but most anything else not so much

When I run a hard cut I will have a cheat meal 1x a week. For me it helps to keep me honest through out the week. Like Garlic chicken said”Sanity”. But I also try to limit it to 1500 calories or so. That being said, my typical cheat meal is having my wife cook a meal of something that I haven’t had in a while. Cheese enchiladas, lasagna, spaghetti and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheat meal
one meal in a week

cheat day
one full day of the week

cheat Sunday
every Sunday, more obviously the free day of the week

cheat week-end
the whole weekend ... and not only do you eat badly, but you do not even train during the weekend

flexible diet
which translated for me would be: eat what you want as and when you want :thinking: mmh, is a programmed diet or the good old way to eat unregulated!?

All these things, they have been "invented" from those people who can not able to follow a diet

.They're just EXCUSES!!!

What's everyone's input? I have told to eat w.e. you want and much as you want. Restarts your metabolism etc

Whats your goal here? I dont read anything about you doing a "cut"

For someone like me, im pushing my calories everyday. While im able to reach my protein and carb goals from my daily meals, its tough to reach the calorie goal. For me, im always eating a lil extra. Weather it be cereal, doughnuts, honeybun. Dollar menu cheeseburger. To hit my calorie goal.

Everyones different here with their goals/body type. The most important thing is to reach your protein goal daily. This is number 1 priority.

I'm in a calorie deficient. Cals are at 2470ish
Carb intake is at 200, protein is 307, fats are at 50. I believe those are the numbers. I have it wrote down at home

If your trying to stay full and taking trenbolone then yes. If your a power lifter probably also a good idea a few times a week. Other than that no I can’t think of a good reason unless it’s given as a “reward “ from hard dieting but honestly it will only be counterproductive to progress.

After being on a long term calorie deficit diet for several days or weeks progress can slow due to a decrease in resting energy expenditure (triggers starvation mode which slows the amount of calories you burn at rest), a decrease in thyroid hormone (slows metabolism), increase in cortisol (slows fat loss), increase in ghrelin (feeling of hunger goes up). These adjustments by your body are exactly what you don't want to happen during a cut. One way to combat this is to calorie cycle by alternating very low calorie days on non workout days, moderate calories on medium intensity workout days, and higher calorie days on high intensity days, with the average equaling the total calorie goal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having one cheat meal a week as long as you don't go crazy, in fact it's productive IMO to help against the adaptations I mentioned earlier. Plus it gives you something to look forward to after a week of strict dieting, and in the long run improves your mental focus. At least for me it does.

For someone like me, im pushing my calories everyday. While im able to reach my protein and carb goals from my daily meals, its tough to reach the calorie goal. For me, im always eating a lil extra. Weather it be cereal, doughnuts, honeybun. Dollar menu cheeseburger. To hit my calorie goal.

Not to mention the occasional Jersey Devil burger at PJ Whelihan's, lol. I love those.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm in a calorie deficient. Cals are at 2470ish
Carb intake is at 200, protein is 307, fats are at 50. I believe those are the numbers. I have it wrote down at home
How long has this been the case? How is to working?

3 or 4 weeks
I had a cheat 11 days ago. I smashed a pizza and cookie. First real pizza since last superbowl. Got all warm and started to sweat. I believe that's a sign of leptin releasing

3 or 4 weeks
I had a cheat 11 days ago. I smashed a pizza and cookie. First real pizza since last superbowl. Got all warm and started to sweat. I believe that's a sign of leptin releasing
Here's a general rule:

If you drop weight the next morning it's the right amount of carbs

If you gain weight it's too much

A whole pizza is generally way too much lol

Depends on the diet you are subscribing to.. If you are eating hamburgers all week and then splurge on pizza and ice cream its probably not helping. I you are eating broccoli eggs fish and chicken breast for every meal every day.. A cheat or re-feed can be beneficial.

Problem is most people talking about a "cheat meal" describe there diet as "clean". But what the fuck does that mean? Or they will write out there macros and not tell you that those macros include oreos every night. Or if you are doing Keto you probably dont want to knock your body out of ketosis once a week.

So whether or not a cheat meal is beneficial "to me" would depend on what diet you chose.

Or if you are doing Keto you probably dont want to knock your body out of ketosis once a week.

Exactly. Cheat meals on keto are non-existent.

It depends on how you look at it. If following an Adkins type keto diet, then yes, you want to stay in ketosis and you cannot cheat.

But for weight trainers and other athletes it's beneficial to carb load 1-2 two days a week to refill muscle and liver glycogen stores. For 5 or 6 days a week you follow macros of 65% fats, 35% protein, and 5% carbs (no more then 30 grams of carbs a day). Then on the weekend you totally switch gears and go to a 65% carbs, 20% protein, 15% fats format. So it's not really cheating because you can't eat pizza and ice cream and expect it to work.

Dan Duchaine's Body Opus Diet, Dr Mauro Di Pasquale's Anabolic Diet, and the popular Cyclical Ketogenic Diet are all based on this concept.

If anyone is interested here is a link that explains the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. https://www.ruled.me/cyclical-ketogenic-diet-indepth-look/ . I have used this diet several times over the years and it works very well for cutting. I always did 6 days of keto, and carb load on Saturdays. And like Multi said during the week it is imperative you don't cheat and knock yourself out of ketosis.

Thanks, JD. And I can't argue that cyclical keto may work great for some people. For me, I couldn't take the mental aspect or mood swings that comes when I went back into ketosis. About the only thing I could compare it to was being on the rag EVERY week. :roflmao: And add hormones into that equation and it REALLY added to the chaos.

Always sets me back in a bad way. Having a higher calorie day, with adding in extra clean food or a tray of sushi is helpful, but a full cheat fucks me

Get Shredded!
cheat meal
one meal in a week

cheat day
one full day of the week

cheat Sunday
every Sunday, more obviously the free day of the week

cheat week-end
the whole weekend ... and not only do you eat badly, but you do not even train during the weekend

flexible diet
which translated for me would be: eat what you want as and when you want :thinking: mmh, is a programmed diet or the good old way to eat unregulated!?

All these things, they have been "invented" from those people who can not able to follow a diet

.They're just EXCUSES!!!

This

Helped me in my contest prep adding a cheat meal as my last meal on a Sunday. But you have to eat every other meal like you normally do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back