• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Insulin/ GH protocols

Jswole220

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This will be my first go with insulin (novolin r) and though I’ve been reading up a bunch on the matter for the last few months I’m still not 100% comfortable with it. The fact that if done incorrectly it can kill me doesn’t sit well with me. If anyone has any advice or dosing protocols I’m all ears. For now I’m thinking 2-3iu with 3.3 iu of GH before breakfast and 2-3 iu post workout meal with 3.3 iu of gh. I have a glucose meter already and will have glucose shots and power aid on me at all times. I’d like to hear how y’all dose it and protocols y’all use. Also I’ve read several times to take insulin 15-30 min after GH so that’s how I plan on doing it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

If you're not diabetic....it is very hard to kill yourself with insulin. Your body self regulates. If you use to much youll feel like complete dog shit....but unless you way overdo it youll be fine. Start out small. 2-3 iu post workout along with some protein and carbs. Adjust up from there as you get more comfortable. I also use around 5 iu with 2 of my other high carb meals throughout the day when bulking. I would suggest 2-3 iu at that time for you as well until you gain some experience. Taking your insulin and gh at separate times wont really make much of a difference as theyre both exogenous anyways so ive personally never bothered and have had great results. Personally heres what i do. First thing in the morning i take 5iu and then eat my breakfast. I do anywhere from 10-20 iu pre workout depending on the bodypart im working and i drink a carb and eaa shake throughout my workout and then eat a large meal about an hour post workout. Then with dinner i do another 5 iu. i like to split gh up post workout and pre bed, but you dont have to

FWIW I found pinning 10ius of gh pre bed did more for me than splitting it 4 to 5x a day.

Then again I was using it for recovery from a major accident. Body comp changed drastically but that was not the intention

If you're not diabetic....it is very hard to kill yourself with insulin. Your body self regulates. If you use to much youll feel like complete dog shit....but unless you way overdo it youll be fine. Start out small. 2-3 iu post workout along with some protein and carbs. Adjust up from there as you get more comfortable. I also use around 5 iu with 2 of my other high carb meals throughout the day when bulking. I would suggest 2-3 iu at that time for you as well until you gain some experience. Taking your insulin and gh at separate times wont really make much of a difference as theyre both exogenous anyways so ive personally never bothered and have had great results. Personally heres what i do. First thing in the morning i take 5iu and then eat my breakfast. I do anywhere from 10-20 iu pre workout depending on the bodypart im working and i drink a carb and eaa shake throughout my workout and then eat a large meal about an hour post workout. Then with dinner i do another 5 iu. i like to split gh up post workout and pre bed, but you dont have to
from what I’ve read the only disadvantage of taking them at the same time is the insulin supposedly stops the fat burning effects from GH. Did you notice this or was it not an issue ? I’m eating in a slight surplus right now and about to start a blast here in the next couple weeks and going to up the calories every couple weeks. My fat burning stalled for about 2 months or so until I was advised to add t4 specifically and not t3 with my gh and man in just about 2 weeks I’m down 3lbs morning weight and already visible look tighter in my mid section. Kinda crazy how fast it started to happen considering it’s not my goal right now and I’m getting ready to do a heavy bulking cycle.

my protocol is

-2iu Gh upon waking up

-5pm pre trainning meal
8oz chicken
1cup rice

-2iu Gh 30mins preTrainning

-10iu slin 10mins preTrainning (started at 4iu and have gone up to 20iu )

50g carbs / eaas intra

-50g whey post trainning shake

1hr after trainning
10oz steak , 1.5cups rice and a salad.

2iu Gh before bed.

is there any science to back that up? it logically seems 100% opposite. if you eat something like 5 cookies and you diabetic you blood sugar rises and stays elevated till you take insulin. if you are healthy and eat those cookies your body will naturaly release insulin then you introduce more insulin and risk having a low glucose event. just asking?

I take 3.3iu hgh with 10-12iu Novolin R preworkout.

If I wanted to be more aggressive I would take 2iu hgh with either novolin R or N in the morning, then again preworkout with Novolin R.

You should start out with 2iu if you've never taken insulin before.

is there any science to back that up? it logically seems 100% opposite. if you eat something like 5 cookies and you diabetic you blood sugar rises and stays elevated till you take insulin. if you are healthy and eat those cookies your body will naturaly release insulin then you introduce more insulin and risk having a low glucose event. just asking?
You can easily go hypoglycemic on exogenous insulin of you dont supplement it with enough carbs.

Exogenous insulin will trigger a negative feedback loop and natural insulin production will be inhibited. So you will not produce much of your own for that period of time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You can easily go hypoglycemic on exogenous insulin of you dont supplement it with enough carbs.

Exogenous insulin will trigger a negative feedback loop and natural insulin production will be inhibited. So you will not produce much of your own for that period of time.

Yes... you can definitely go very hypo. You can lose consciousness...but the risk of actually dying without seriously over doing it is very low

Nj
Yes there is science to back it up. Non diabetics still appropriately produce counter regulatory hormones like glucagon, epinephrine, and cortisol to control it. I never said you won’t have a low glucose event. Quite the opposite. I said you’d feel like absolute dog shit...but you are not likely to die

Serious.

I can think of about 5 members who I would be ok giving insulin advice to.

Haven't seen anyone else who should even be considering it.
What is the criteria according to you. When should one think about going for slin.
Also slightly off topic. What do you think about Metformin.

What is the criteria according to you. When should one think about going for slin.
Also slightly off topic. What do you think about Metformin.

When you are diabetic or, when you have been training and building a physique consistently over years of work and growth has come to a minimum from AAS usage or, if you are competing at a high level and have aspirations of a pro card. Insulin isn't something I would ever suggest Joe blow do who can't stick to a simple nutrition plan 100% for longer then six months.

Metformin, not a huge fan of. I think berberine is a better option since it doesn't effect how the liver works

When you are diabetic or, when you have been training and building a physique consistently over years of work and growth has come to a minimum from AAS usage or, if you are competing at a high level and have aspirations of a pro card. Insulin isn't something I would ever suggest Joe blow do who can't stick to a simple nutrition plan 100% for longer then six months.

Metformin, not a huge fan of. I think berberine is a better option since it doesn't effect how the liver works

Metformin causes glycolysis in liver
Decreases uptake of carbs from Gut
Increases insulin sensitivity in tissues including muscles.
I saw tony hughes recommending it to stay ripped year round in his stack of 4 drugs. Which included hgh aas and fatblockers as well.

Metformin causes glycolysis in liver
Decreases uptake of carbs from Gut
Increases insulin sensitivity in tissues including muscles.
I saw tony hughes recommending it to stay ripped year round in his stack of 4 drugs. Which included hgh aas and fatblockers as well.

Anything I can "supplement" with that doesn't effect how my organs work is always a better option imo.

Metformin is more effective then berberine, but not so much I can't justify the use of it over something that's decently close.

Overall, unless you're running high doses of gh, you shouldn't need a gda. Diet manipulation should be plenty.

Anything I can "supplement" with that doesn't effect how my organs work is always a better option imo.

Metformin is more effective then berberine, but not so much I can't justify the use of it over something that's decently close.

Overall, unless you're running high doses of gh, you shouldn't need a gda. Diet manipulation should be plenty.
Yeah he mentioned since hes travelling. Diet is not always on point

What about carb and fat blockers.

What about carb and fat blockers.

Never looked into them.

Best ones I know of though are not eating them

I guess this new PB that Project AD is making this popular now.

Get Shredded!
Well.....I’ve been training for 16 years, using insulting for the last five. Competed in bodybuilding but don’t have fantastic genetics for it. Have been as high as 265 when competing in powerlifting meets and hold several records. I definitely know what I’m talking about.....but there are definitely more knowledgeable people in here. Insulin can be dangerous...but it’s also not the deadly boogeyman people make it out to be

Yeah he mentioned since hes travelling. Diet is not always on point

As reference. On 8-10iu a day for 3-4 months my morning fasted BG got over 100 once.

At 5-6iu Ed it stays in the 80s on average.

Really the only time I'll use a gda is if I wanna have a shit load of crap food and even then, i don't see a huge benefit.

I know met works, I just haven't gotten to a point where I need it like high level guys who pound tons of food and gh do.

Well.....I’ve been training for 16 years, using insulting for the last five. Competed in bodybuilding but don’t have fantastic genetics for it. Have been as high as 265 when competing in powerlifting meets and hold several records. I definitely know what I’m talking about.....but there are definitely more knowledgeable people in here. Insulin can be dangerous...but it’s also not the deadly boogeyman people make it out to be
You would be someone I would talk about it with.

Guys who are asking if missing a gh dose will effect their gainz, aren't.

Never looked into them.

Best ones I know of though are not eating them

I guess this new PB that Project AD is making this popular now.
Not eating works for like 2-3 weeks
Not everyone is at the same level of self control.
I dream everyday of pizza and chocolates for the past 2 months lol
Thinking of taking a carb and fat blocker and going all out one day every 2 weeks. To have mental sanity.

Not eating works for like 2-3 weeks
Not everyone is at the same level of self control.
I dream everyday of pizza and chocolates for the past 2 months lol
Thinking of taking a carb and fat blocker and going all out one day every 2 weeks. To have mental sanity.

Which ones are you thinking about?

I'm not in the loop with these at all and wouldn't mind reading up some.

I know 1g of berberine, if you don't react poorly to it digestion wise, does wonders on a huge refeed.

More consistent dosing is better of course but, I notice very good results from a single large dose here and there.

I know 1g of berberine, if you don't react poorly to it digestion wise, does wonders on a huge refeed.

More consistent dosing is better of course but, I notice very good results from a single large dose here and there.
Berberine works great for me. No stomach upset, but it can bother some people. The mountain dog glucose disposal agent truenutrition sells is good stuff too

Anti Amylases
Anti lipases
Chlestyramine : we use this in clinical setup for morbidly obese patients

Like uncooked eggs have anti tripsin which decreaes bioavailability of protein in egg. So it can be called as a protein blocker

This will be my first go with insulin (novolin r) and though I’ve been reading up a bunch on the matter for the last few months I’m still not 100% comfortable with it. The fact that if done incorrectly it can kill me doesn’t sit well with me. If anyone has any advice or dosing protocols I’m all ears. For now I’m thinking 2-3iu with 3.3 iu of GH before breakfast and 2-3 iu post workout meal with 3.3 iu of gh. I have a glucose meter already and will have glucose shots and power aid on me at all times. I’d like to hear how y’all dose it and protocols y’all use. Also I’ve read several times to take insulin 15-30 min after GH so that’s how I plan on doing it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

IMO, you are overthinking about it. The dose for insulin when you get to feel pronounced effects is about 20iu. If you suffer from diabetes it is 6-8iu. I'm not asking you to drastically increase your starting dose, it is fine considering you doing it for the first time. Just increase it step by step until you get comfortable with it.

Anti Amylases
Anti lipases
Chlestyramine : we use this in clinical setup for morbidly obese patients

Like uncooked eggs have anti tripsin which decreaes bioavailability of protein in egg. So it can be called as a protein blocker

I use cholestipol daily for bile acid malabsorption. Does it block fats other than cholesterol?

Back