• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Should I compete in Musclemania?

Procard

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
After my last show (I did 2 tough regional national qualifiers) I retired.....again. I thought that competing in the masters (over 50) division would mean that I would need less gear, but these guys are running 3 grams a week.

To be competitive I ran a lot of gear and it was a very unpleasant experience. My next plan was to wait 3.5 years and compete in the 60 and over division. If I can keep my waist from getting any bigger I would do well, I carry a lot of muscle for an older guy. I also hope that I could be competitive without running 600 mgs of tren a week which tends to make me psychotic. I survived my prep without hurting anyone because I would not make eye contact or interact with anyone while I was training.

What I would really like to do is compete using way less gear. I can still look very good (I have to constantly watch my diet and I still do lots of cardio) on 500 tes, 200 tren, and 300 mastron. I might ad some anavar and moderate dosage GH to the mix. My life rotates around training, eating, an recovery. I body build 24 hours a day, and shows give me the focus to discipline myself 100%. However, I want to prep using less drugs. Massive dosages make me miserable. On the other hand, lower dosages (like the one I posted above) make me feel fantastic.

I have always opposed the idea of drug using athletes trying to beat drug tests in order to compete and win against athletes who are actually natural. I did 6 shows 100% natural.

However, I have heard that most guys competing in Musclemania are in fact on gear. They just use less. I also heard that no one gets tested unless they win and the look like they are on a lot of gear.

I think that competing against athletes that are actually natural is deplorable, but like I said the guys competing in Musclemania are not natural, they just use less.

Also, the show is local to me so I save on travel and hotel costs.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback. Are most Musclemania competitors on gear, knowing that the chance of getting tested is slim? I have also heard that the drug tests (urinalysis) get thrown out.

Why do you want to compete? It sounds like the drug use is affecting your personal life. If you love to compete, then do it. If you have to second guess yourself, maybe those days are over.

Just my 2 cents. And for the record, EVERYONE is using at any competition.

The short answer: I love to compete. I love pushing myself further and harder.

Competition keeps me focused and disciplined, even if it is a several year goal. Right now I look 98% as good as I did on stage. I have only gained 4 lbs (of course on much less gear). Diet and training (still doing 30 minutes of cardio a day) are on point. The prospect of future competition keeps me on point. I am inherently chaotic

To compensate for much less gear (cruising on 400 mgs/ test right now, no orals and a bit of NPP for my joints) I am taking extra days off, pretty much adhering to a 2 day on one day off routine, hitting a bodypart once every 6 days. I love the way I look right now. I love, love love training. My wife and son are proud of me, I was quite fat 2 years ago. I competed twice this last year. I got sick in my first prep an my wife was totally unsupportive. She saw me come back from nearly having to be hospitalized to looking amazing. She now is 100% supportive of my lifestyle and our marriage is stronger than ever. I just had to promise to not compete for while.

Open up your own gym and train other competitors. I’m sure you’d love that just as much, and you can give your body and mind a much needed break.

Or keep competing...

your call really...

If your wife is on board then yes. If she’s not then no

If your wife is on board then yes. If she

She was super supportive, shelled out a couple grand for hotels etc. However, it will be a while before she is on board for another prep.

Here is the thing...my pics are on this board and also on the Texas and national NPC web sites. I am holding my condition....I still have striated glutes and am under 7% bodyfat. I am eating well and actually am making gains on bodyparts that need it.

There is an august musclemania and it is local....that means no travel and other expenses. Just GH, lol. I can run moderate dosage (under 1 gram/week...I know that sounds like a lot, but it is a third of what most competitors run....or less) and still look phenomenal. I keep my meal sizes small and my midsection keeps shrinking.

In 7 months my wife should be ready to tolerate another prep....actually, since I am maintaining my conditioning the prep should be relatively easy. I woke up and binge ate at 5 AM but the food was clean. I have found that I can do the occasional binge if I simply fast the next day, usually until 2 PM.

Open up your own gym and train other competitors. I

I don't own a gym but I do prep others. Let me put it this way: A world record holding powerlifter runs gear that comes from Purple Panda raws. Several pro MMA fighters' run PPL. The guy who beat me at the Southwest USA runs gear made from PPL raws...With all due modesty, I am a guru when it come to drug cycles and diuretics. I am not saying anymore but you guys can read between the lines. Holding my condition is very good for my business. Below is a pic of me one stage last month. I am currently about 95% of what I was then.

I hold 2 NPC titles and also many martial art titles (I was ranked 5th in the country by NAGA). However these achievements were decades ago. No one cares about what I did 20 yeas ago. As mentioned, I got quite fat. No one wants to hire a fatso to prep them. Now that I am in good shape (bodybuilding shape, not martial art shape) my body is my best advertising agent. Because of the way I look I get business.

No one is impressed by titles won 25 years ago if I currently look like a fat slob. Making money, however, is not enough motivation for me to stay in condition especially when it comes to food. Competition keeps me on track.

Last edited:
4504561c50fc6389029c20a964d2fa5e.jpg

It bears repeating that I am over 55 years old.

4504561c50fc6389029c20a964d2fa5e.jpg

It bears repeating that I am over 55 years old.
Looking awesome for 55 yrs and much respect to you sir. Go for it. Like greek said, you're answering your own questions. You love to compete. You love to train. It's your lifestyle. Now stop seeking validation and hit that shit. Don't forget to run a log, I plan on stealing some stuff. Lmao.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I can't tell if it's the fact you enjoy competing or, you want to win a show. Or it's both.

Any of those answers are good ones but, I don't think I would personally compete in a federation that was supposed to be drug free even if they were all using anyways. Much like I wouldn't compete in fuck face Lee Thompson's organization because he's a cunt.

I don't go into a prep with the goal of winning a show though so I don't really know why I come to those conclusions.

If you want to compete and be competitive while pulling back the gear and focusing on health, I think it's a good idea.

If you want to compete to get a win, give your body a break then pump the gear back up later, I think it's a bit sleezy.

I dunno man.

I always train to win. I will be 57 soon, and the guy who beat me at state just turned 50. He has a legitimate shot t a procard. He was in his 40's and placed in the top 10 against the young guys at nationals.

There is a big difference between 50 and 57. My long term plan is to compete at 60 and possibly get a procard. I have been bringing up lagging bodyparts while my weight stays stable. I eat lke a stable of horses...my wife will just sit in amazement at the amount of food I consume....It has been that way since I as a child. My abs were perfectly flat when I won my ast show at the age of 32.

We talk about insulin causing the bubble gut but it is really the massive amounts of food (and in my case age) not the insulin itself that causes distention. I never touched insulin, my midsection is distended from 50 years plus years of eating.

I have changed that completely. I pretty much never eat a lot at one sitting anymore and my midsection is coming down more and more. Assuming I stay healthy I should really be exceptional when I hit 60. I also stopped heavy squatting. I was squatting 400 lb for 10 reps before the SWUSA. My glutes and legs were massive, and shredded to the bone. My glute striations had striations. However my waist and hips were wider.

The plan is to do my current leg routine, keep meals small and continuing to improve over the next 3 years. I actually am toying with the idea of just running low dosage test and GH for a Musclemania show which would enable me actually pass a piss test. I am always 100% honest about my steroid usage, but I have pics of me on trt only and I still look darn good.

Like I said, it is all about training, diet, and recovery. I competed 6 times in polygraph tested organization before I ever touched a steroid (I was nearly 30 for my first cycle). I started training at 13, so that is 17 years of drug free training.

Older guys I know at high level amateur and pro still run high doses well the ones that look decent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So, since being on stage a month ago I have just been running test and a little npp. I weigh one pound lighter than I did on stage and I am still below 7% body fat, maybe lower. My glutes are still striated and my abs actually look better. I am not really limiting my calories just eat clean most of the time. I am rarely extremely hungry and I eat a small meal 30 minutes before going to bed. If I cheat/binge I will simply fast until 2 or so the next day.

I still do 30-45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. With all due modesty, I am holding my condition at a rate that shocks me. I am maybe a little bit softer. I ran 2.5 grams a week for both shows, so 500 mgs of test/week is a huge step down. All I would have to do is drop my test down to 300 for a few weeks and I would pass the urinalysis.

I want to be very clear about one thing: I think it is despicable to beat a piss test in order to beat a guy who is truly natural. However none of the top musclemania guys are natural. They just use less drugs than NPC competitors use. Also the judging in the NPC can be totally fucked up. The president of my region told me I had way better conditioning than everyone (except the guy who beat me at state he was shredded with a tiny waist) but that they were penalizing anyone with even a hint of a bubble gut.

I used to eat enormous amounts of food which I no longer do. My midsection is getting tighter and smaller.

Looking awesome for 55 yrs and much respect to you sir. Go for it. Like greek said, you're answering your own questions. You love to compete. You love to train. It's your lifestyle. Now stop seeking validation and hit that shit. Don't forget to run a log, I plan on stealing some stuff. Lmao.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I am over 55, lol. I don't log anymore. For my last 2 shows I didn't even count my calories, just keep my carbs and protein around 300 grams.

Remember, I have been training for 43 years. I have done 15 shows, 6 were drug tested (this was before I ever touched a steroid). They were polygraphed.

Logs are valuable when you are new, but eventually you just know what to do. A lot of guys I have prepped were dumb as a rock (including an IFBB pro). However they knowhow to train and eat and the genetics the got was all muscle, no brain. One guy said "for my diet, I switch from beef to chicken, that's it." You can imagine why they hire me, lol.

Some times I will refer them to an article I wrote. I also try and get them to get labs. One did not understand why his free test was lower in relationship to how much test he was using. He could not read and comprehend the role of SHBG no matter how well I explained it to him. I finally just told him to use some masteron to suppress SHBG.

Any Flex Wheeler fans? Flex ate Burger King up to 2 weeks before the Olympia.

Have you ever posted under the username of "Southbeach" on this forum? He's a former member. There are a lot of similarities between you and him.

hahaha

Have you ever posted under the username of "Southbeach" on this forum? He's a former member. There are a lot of similarities between you and him.

Lol....This is true...similar MO

Get Shredded!
I didn’t say it but have thought the same thing

legend in his own mind..................

No, Big dog. Never heard of that name. Actually I have...I think it is a gay bar.

As you get deeper into that thread you will find that South Beach was a fraud and his pictures are fake. I take, then, that you are asserting that I am a fake. Would you like to bet that I am? Lets say a wager of one thousand dollars. I can PM a link of me on both the state and national NPC web sites. I am qualified for nationals, but I know there are at least 5 guys who would beat me and I simply do not have the genetics to get a pro card. I am also closer to 60 then 50. If I can keep my midsection small/tight I believe I would have a shot at a pro card in the 60 and over class, but hat is more than 3 years away. I need something closer, especially if I am going to keep my diet on point.

If my questions are offensive, then I apologize, but I am not a fake. I am just trying to gather some information regarding Musclemania. It is my understanding that Musclmania is for guys who use gear, but less than what they do I he NPC. They throw the urinalysis away unless it is obvious the person looks enhanced (gyno, etc.).

The last thing I want to do is to go against guys who are truly all natural.

you seem like a nice guy ProCard , just a bit arrogant .

just go for it and compete at Musclemania .

you seem like a nice guy ProCard , just a bit arrogant .

just go for it and compete at Musclemania .

Gotcha....I will admit straight up that my ego needs some tamping down. I do tend to be arrogant sometimes and for that I apologize.

This guy? He never posted any pics, done any shows, and is 80 lbs lighter than me. I have competed 15 times. What have I done to offend you, big dog, I have always been polite and respectful towards you.

Well, since you asked...

To start off, I do not question your knowledge, experience, or your work ethic. I do not think you are fake, as I have seen your pictures and your name posted on the NPC website. I've also seen the pictures you posted, in error, from your Facebook page. You would be a very valuable resource on this forum that I, and many others on here could confide in.

The problem that I, and many others on here have, is that you go about it in a very braggadocious manner. You seem to have a very large ego. Every post that you make seems to relate to how good you look, how low your body fat is, how shredded your glutes are, how much of a guru you are, how many pros you know, how many shows you have done, how many guys you've prepped, how hard/intense you train. Is this making any sense? If not, maybe you should go back and re-read your threads.

I can't tell you how many of your threads that I have read where I went away thinking, "wow, this guy is really full of himself".

A little humility goes a long way. I hope you take my criticism to heart because I don't mean it in a disrespectful manner. You would be a very valuable asset on here if you could just dial back your ego a bit.

Back