You guys really overcomplicate things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Rep Points

You guys really overcomplicate things

After 43 years in this game I can tell you some basic truths: The best guys, the top guys....at least half of them are dumb as a rock. They have great genetics, are an ape in the weight room and a rat on the treadmill.

They usually have someone like me telling them what drugs take.

Having said that, the amount of mistakes I see guys making....really smart guys which describes most on this forum, are huge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Rep Points

Mr Jassol to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts
    Rep Points

Move more, eat less. Keep It Simple Stupid. Great philosophies and good starting places, but not all of us *just* want to be an ape or crippled up and sick when we're old(er) because we were stupid when we were young. I'm assuming we'll come to the point later though. What thread is grinding your gears?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Move more, eat less. Keep It Simple Stupid. Great philosophies and good starting places, but not all of us *just* want to be an ape or crippled up and sick when we're old(er) because we were stupid when we were young. I'm assuming we'll come to the point later though. What thread is grinding your gears?
    I take it you are referring to outcomes like Ronnie Coleman's. There is a very basic solution.....are you ready for it? Lighter weights and higher reps, pre-exhaustion techniques and supersetting, trick the muscles into thinking that lighter weights are heavy. Intensity must still be very high. That is how train and compete.

Everyone should do at least 5-7 years of power body building. I trained that way for 30 years. By your mid 30s you must change your training. You say "I don't want to bean ape" but most people cannot build half that much muscle.

But hey, what do I know? I only coach the current world record holder in the bench press and have worked with dozens of top amateurs and IFBB pros. After the Olympia the pros tour together and there are no secrets.

I also work with the guys who beat me in my last 2 contests. Having said that, most guys on here are advice proof , even though they do not grasp the most basic principles of training and recovery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Procard View Post
    I take it you are referring to outcomes like Ronnie Coleman's. There is a very basic solution.....are you ready for it? Lighter weights and higher reps, pre-exhaustion techniques and supersetting, trick the muscles into thinking that lighter weights are heavy. Intensity must still be very high. That is how train and compete.

Everyone should do at least 5-7 years of power body building. I trained that way for 30 years. By your mid 30s you must change your training. You say "I don't want to bean ape" but most people cannot build half that much muscle.

But hey, what do I know? I only coach the current world record holder in the bench press and have worked with dozens of top amateurs and IFBB pros. After the Olympia the pros tour together and there are no secrets.

I also work with the guys who beat me in my last 2 contests. Having said that, most guys on here are advice proof , even though they do not grasp the most basic principles of training and recovery.
    Hey man, I'm always open to advice. Feel free to continue to speak your mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    Hey man, I'm always open to advice. Feel free to continue to speak your mind.
    Sure, my pleasure. I most certainly do not know everything, but I know a lot. One of the most misunderstood areas is recovery and its critical role. That is when muscles grow. Training is the stimulation. Once properly stimulated further stimulation cuts into recovery and growth.

I see over and over again, too many sets, not enough intensity and recovery.