RoidVisor


You guys really overcomplicate things

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Procard's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    872

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    195
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Rep Points
    1467830821

    You guys really overcomplicate things

    After 43 years in this game I can tell you some basic truths: The best guys, the top guys....at least half of them are dumb as a rock. They have great genetics, are an ape in the weight room and a rat on the treadmill.

    They usually have someone like me telling them what drugs take.

    Having said that, the amount of mistakes I see guys making....really smart guys which describes most on this forum, are huge.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    hj2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    572

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    459
    Thanked in
    227 Posts
    Rep Points
    1592995184

    Mr Jassol to you

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,734

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,527
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    630
    Thanked in
    412 Posts
    Rep Points
    1244419647

    Move more, eat less. Keep It Simple Stupid. Great philosophies and good starting places, but not all of us *just* want to be an ape or crippled up and sick when we're old(er) because we were stupid when we were young. I'm assuming we'll come to the point later though. What thread is grinding your gears?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Procard's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    872

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    195
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Rep Points
    1467830821

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Move more, eat less. Keep It Simple Stupid. Great philosophies and good starting places, but not all of us *just* want to be an ape or crippled up and sick when we're old(er) because we were stupid when we were young. I'm assuming we'll come to the point later though. What thread is grinding your gears?
    I take it you are referring to outcomes like Ronnie Coleman's. There is a very basic solution.....are you ready for it? Lighter weights and higher reps, pre-exhaustion techniques and supersetting, trick the muscles into thinking that lighter weights are heavy. Intensity must still be very high. That is how train and compete.

    Everyone should do at least 5-7 years of power body building. I trained that way for 30 years. By your mid 30s you must change your training. You say "I don't want to bean ape" but most people cannot build half that much muscle.

    But hey, what do I know? I only coach the current world record holder in the bench press and have worked with dozens of top amateurs and IFBB pros. After the Olympia the pros tour together and there are no secrets.

    I also work with the guys who beat me in my last 2 contests. Having said that, most guys on here are advice proof , even though they do not grasp the most basic principles of training and recovery.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,514

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    455
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    512
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Procard View Post
    I take it you are referring to outcomes like Ronnie Coleman's. There is a very basic solution.....are you ready for it? Lighter weights and higher reps, pre-exhaustion techniques and supersetting, trick the muscles into thinking that lighter weights are heavy. Intensity must still be very high. That is how train and compete.

    Everyone should do at least 5-7 years of power body building. I trained that way for 30 years. By your mid 30s you must change your training. You say "I don't want to bean ape" but most people cannot build half that much muscle.

    But hey, what do I know? I only coach the current world record holder in the bench press and have worked with dozens of top amateurs and IFBB pros. After the Olympia the pros tour together and there are no secrets.

    I also work with the guys who beat me in my last 2 contests. Having said that, most guys on here are advice proof , even though they do not grasp the most basic principles of training and recovery.
    Hey man, I'm always open to advice. Feel free to continue to speak your mind.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Procard's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    872

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    195
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Rep Points
    1467830821

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    Hey man, I'm always open to advice. Feel free to continue to speak your mind.
    Sure, my pleasure. I most certainly do not know everything, but I know a lot. One of the most misunderstood areas is recovery and its critical role. That is when muscles grow. Training is the stimulation. Once properly stimulated further stimulation cuts into recovery and growth.


    I see over and over again, too many sets, not enough intensity and recovery.

Similar Threads

  1. 3 Things
    By Montego1 in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-16-2018, 09:36 AM
  2. The Good Guys and Bad Guys of Bodybuilding
    By Arnold in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2017, 03:37 PM
  3. Things You Will Need..
    By Seattlesbest in forum The Pit
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-31-2015, 06:37 PM
  4. You guys ever watch this guys videos?
    By Progress in forum The Pit
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2019 Anabolic Steroid Forums