Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: worst PIP!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    I use 18's and I use 20's.. it really depends on the quality and the type of the stopper.. if it's the hard clear rubber silicone Which is far and few in between I'll use an 18..
    But, if its the common autoclave resistant "rupture resistant" bromobutyl stoppers then I use a 20g.. but if they are Lyophilization Stoppers I will use a 23 or even a 25, this way to avoid leakage, breakage and so on.. you can normally tell after the first extraction if it's a low or high end stopper... Unfortunately I have seen a lot of domestic sources over my years use some pretty low end quality stoppers that would just fall apart, degrade and even leak, and the sources would go as far as making claims that the hermetical sealing machine needed to be recalibrated.. don't give me that shit it was crimped by hand and the stoppers were shit..
    i never really thought about the difference in the stoppers, everything I have has the grey rubber so I guess thatís a good thing.

★★P.S.L. Supervisor★★

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,258 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cr3eepp View Post
    i never really thought about the difference in the stoppers, everything I have has the grey rubber so I guess thatís a good thing.
    Or you can go this route when you expect to use more from the same vial.. these things are neat and handy...
    Vial Adapter 20mm "Vial spike"

Gain compatibility and convenience while reducing the risk of cross-contamination & Rubber Stopper damage..

These 20mm vial spikes can be reused multiple times, fits firm and snug (Universal) to all 20mm vials..
    No more need for changing drawling pins, swabbing and multiple puncturing to your rubber vial stopper..

How it works:

1) Swab vial top with alcohol solution, let air dry and attached vial spike.. That simple!
    2) Connects to needle lure/barrel like most needle tips. It allows for multiple use.. Set and forget..

Neighborhood Shipping opens "Permanently" Dec 4th (Inter closed for winter recess)
    ((Click the banners below for direct access to both exceptional brands available in your neighborhood))

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

Mind blown!!!!!!!! #takemymoney
    Or you can go this route when you expect to use more from the same vial.. these things are neat and handy...

Gain compatibility and convenience while reducing the risk of cross-contamination & Rubber Stopper damage..

These 20mm vial spikes can be reused multiple times, fits firm and snug (Universal) to all 20mm vials..
    No more need for changing drawling pins, swabbing and multiple puncturing to your rubber vial stopper..

How it works:

1) Swab vial top with alcohol solution, let air dry and attached vial spike.. That simple!
    2) Connects to needle lure/barrel like most needle tips. It allows for multiple use.. Set and forget..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

Wait, what keeps the top of that clean in-between uses?

How it works:

★★P.S.L. Supervisor★★

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,258 Posts
    Rep Points

Alcohol swab... They use these and hospital settings and clinic.. the cross contamination risk is absolute minimal unless you have the thing rolling around in an area that is questionable.. I keep them upright in a sealed enclosure, or on the top shelf in my medicine cabinet designated in an area just for them..
    Neighborhood Shipping opens "Permanently" Dec 4th (Inter closed for winter recess)
    ((Click the banners below for direct access to both exceptional brands available in your neighborhood))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Rep Points

Now I remember seeing these somewhere, but didnít really think about using it

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,851 Posts
    Rep Points

I like this.... Would be perfect for jugs

★★P.S.L. Supervisor★★

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,258 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I like this.... Would be perfect for jugs
    I fought like hell to get Euro-Pharmacies vendors to offer these... Now all vendors of EP have them available..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cr3eepp View Post
    Now I remember seeing these somewhere, but didnít really think about using it
    I made a promo for them if people purchase so many vials they will get a vial Spike for free..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    998 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by socalmk6gti View Post
    How's the 20 and 22 for drawing? I'm using an 18g to draw and noticed a small piece of the top floating in the oil, luckily it was grey so I could see it. Some of my gear has clear tops so that could be problematic.

I use either 22 or 23 for drawing. 23 is annoying in the winter when it's colder in the house (I hear with wood stove only) but at room temp it's fine. 22g is a little faster. I never use anything larger anymore because of the stopper cutting problem. I still have that problem with 22g on really cheap stoppers