When sh*t gets in the way....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

When sh*t gets in the way....

What's doin guys.....just asking to see what u guys do when life(work,family etc....)gets in way of workouts......lately,every fn week I either have to skip 1 or 2.....really fn getting to me now.....I train 4am to avoid missing workouts.....my family & work are #1.... but I'm doing something that requires extra time a couple/few days a week & trying to figure out how to change the routine up u know...... I gotta switch training to nights(I always trained at nights but last couple years been doing the mornings).....I figure I can lift tues,thurs,sat&sun......just a bit of a mindfuck goin on w/ this....looking for ideas on how would u schedule a routine w/ those days.....any info appreciated.. thanks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

I started training at home exclusively about 6 years ago.I had been buying pieces of equipment for years but when the gym I was at closed I finally got off my ass and put together a home gym.I don't think I have missed a workout since.Many times the wife says we got some shit to go do and I say "give me 30 minutes"and I hit a quick chest or back or whatever workout.Anyway where I was going with this anwer was if you get a little bit of equipment (maybe even just enough to hit arms) it's easier to squeeze in workouts.good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts
    Rep Points

When I was still going to commercial gym and didn't have home gym, I would take an hour (or two) of vacation and leave work early. Can't tell you how many things I showed up to later in my sweaty gym clothes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Appreciate the responses....I FN wish I had the room to put equipment.....I've been trying for a few years to get a garage/building built for a few years now(would be shop/gym)...(I dont "do the finances")....I'm just a check......anyways,I do like the ideas though....i guess i could get some things to do some basic shit.....I would totally just train at home & forget the gym if I could......I should've never finished that fn basement!!!!.....love the leaving work early so u can train.....that's dedication!.....thanks again....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

I miss workouts due to family or work about every other week. For a long time it would irritate the shit out of me, i got used to it. Now if I miss a day I stay longer on a day I can. I probably dont get the results I could be as you said family and work come first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Rep Points

I workout at home too. But there are pros and cons to that. Working out in a room alone can be tougher to keep yourself motivated at times. Especially on days when you have to perform things like barbell squats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Rep Points

I hate when work gets in the way of my training. Happens more than I'd like. The next three weeks I'm gonna be out of town 3-4 days each week, it's gonna suck. The gyms when I'm going suck unless I drive an extra 30 minutes.

I lift at night. Try to get off by 5:30 but it rarely happens. Usually get to the gym around 7-7:30 and lift then cardio, head home, eat, start a fire, eat again, shower, pack meals, pin, work more, then eat, pin GH, go to bed. Usually in bed by 12:00-01:00, wake up at 5:30-6:30 and start over. Fasted cardio for 20min 3x a week (if I have time) and then back to work. It becomes routine. I try to maintain some flexibility because of all the out of town work but it's hard