• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Experienced Insulin Users.

dawg16

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I would like to hear from some people who have used insulin with long term hgh usage. I have have read some medical journal studies on long term hgh usage and insulin tolerance. The articles make perfect sense to me but that is far as they go. They don't talk much about bodybuilding and insulin use. I have used hgh for about 6 years now roughly and recently started insulin. I have used some doses that would make you folks think Im crazy, but barely went hypo.
Do you need to get to that tolerance level before it will do any good for you? I could easily take 60 ius a day and not bother me. My body doesn't seem to need that standard carb shake of 10grams per iu of insulin. I won't go hypo.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You definitely dont need those doses to make gains. 10 iu pre workout and 5 iu at 2 other daily meals makes for some pretty legit gains for me

I've always heard don't run slin unless you run HGH with it. I was running 16ius of log pre-workout along with 5ius of hgh ED and I think I was starting to look pretty good. I never pushed the envelope with the slin, however, so I can't really comment on my tolerance. My pre-workout meal was typically 50g carbs, intra-shake was 60-80g carbs, and post-workout meal was 50g carbs.

V5feOuT.jpg

Don't need huge amounts of insulin. You need enough to cover the amount of carbs you need to grow. That's it.

This is what Im needing to know guys. Even though my system seems to have a high tolerance for slin, can I still get decent gains without using outrageous dosages. I was hoping I could.

This is what Im needing to know guys. Even though my system seems to have a high tolerance for slin, can I still get decent gains without using outrageous dosages. I was hoping I could.

Hell, I could smoke a whole bowl, but do I really need that much to get baked? Nope. :D

adjust your insulin to your carbs .

what kind of slin do you use ?

My carbs and insulin are matched up. Regular Humalog.
You misunderstand him.

Match your insulin to your carbs.

So if you're gonna use 200g carbs around your training, match the insulin to the carbs.

NOT - I wanna use 40iu so I need 400g carbs. That's how you get fat.

IML Gear Cream!

A "high tolerance" can be translated as "I have poor insulin sensitivity". This is not unexpected, as chronic GH use will damage insulin sensitivity in a dose-dependent manner. I don't believe you mentioned what kind of insulin you were using...or how you were using it. All you said was that you were using 60 iu a day--no mention of insulin type or injection frequency, etc. Diet would be critical to know as well, if you want to know where you stand from an insulin sensitivity standpoint. Maintain good insulin sensitivity is important for many reasons (fat loss and muscle growth, as well as for overall metabolic health), so it would be wise to assess the situation.

A "high tolerance" can be translated as "I have poor insulin sensitivity". This is not unexpected, as chronic GH use will damage insulin sensitivity in a dose-dependent manner. I don't believe you mentioned what kind of insulin you were using...or how you were using it. All you said was that you were using 60 iu a day--no mention of insulin type or injection frequency, etc. Diet would be critical to know as well, if you want to know where you stand from an insulin sensitivity standpoint. Maintain good insulin sensitivity is important for many reasons (fat loss and muscle growth, as well as for overall metabolic health), so it would be wise to assess the situation.

As I stated above, I'm using Humalog, not Humalog R. Probably a poor a choice of words on my part when I said high tolerance. Maybe a better choice would have been using receptors instead. I realize this is a very complex thing that goes on. IGF-1 plays a big role etc. I'm learning.
What I'm doing now is taking my morning hgh fasted, then 15 minutes or so take 10ius insulin, then eat. I lift in the early evening, so I take 10 more ius post workout and have a shake with fast digesting carbs(60 gr), 5gr creatine, 50gr protein. I carb cycle, so my carbs run from 250-500 roughly depending on the workout for the day. Usually 1-2 hours later, eat my evening meal. I'm trying to lean bulk and drop some bodyfat and it's working good. I'm getting leaner.

Could you write out your entire day of feeding (amounts and sources) and where these doses tie in?

Like MA said, no way to give sound advice without that info really. Also bf/weight guess. Tracking fasted glucose?

As taureg has said he has heard to never run slin without hgh and I've seen this parroted 100s of times over the years online and it's flat out wrong. I tested this out myself with just test and slin, test, tren, and slin, and test, npp, and slin along with running hgh with it for longer terms. I saw solid gains over the repeat gear cycles I had run in the past.

I firmly believe that the whole "don't run it without hgh" is around because most people lack the self discipline to eat totally clean when using slin as well as lack the knowledge to properly dial in the slin dosing to the carbs in their diet and have to rely on the hgh to keep fat gain to a minimum.

As taureg has said he has heard to never run slin without hgh and I've seen this parroted 100s of times over the years online and it's flat out wrong. I tested this out myself with just test and slin, test, tren, and slin, and test, npp, and slin along with running hgh with it for longer terms. I saw solid gains over the repeat gear cycles I had run in the past.

I firmly believe that the whole "don't run it without hgh" is around because most people lack the self discipline to eat totally clean when using slin as well as lack the knowledge to properly dial in the slin dosing to the carbs in their diet and have to rely on the hgh to keep fat gain to a minimum.
Totally agree. I pretty much always run slin without GH because GH is usually not in my budget. I get great results. I actually lean out a bit when using slin and look full as hell

Totally agree. I pretty much always run slin without GH because GH is usually not in my budget. I get great results. I actually lean out a bit when using slin and look full as hell
Yeah I think it's okay to run alone. Just gotta keep the carbs in check so you don't get fat like you said. Helps blunt the natural insulin response too, I'd imagine that's why it helps with leaning out

Watch Youtube videos on autopsy reports from Dallas McCarver and Rich Piana. Taking insulin is completely reckless. Like why not play in traffic instead.

I agree with you fellas as well. I've run slin with and without gh and saw no difference. There were gains with and without gh.

I agree with you fellas as well. I've run slin with and without gh and saw no difference. There were gains with and without gh.
Yeah I tried both, I did notice more fullness with the GH. Might have been temporary though because I ended up losing it all because I decided to abuse substances instead of continue improving my body.
Insulin use isn't reckless.

Complacency and ignorance is reckless.
I agree. I think it's a serious measure and *could* have some serious long term health impact, but I agree with your stance. It comes down to the execution of use and how intuitive the person is that's using it. Very simple safety measures can easily overcome any bad incident; keeping Gatorade and other quick carbs like dried pineapple/glucose tabs with you while training and any time insulin is being used, finding the proper carb to iu balance for your body, etc.

I think a lot of guys just stick needles in their ass without regard to the potential effects, and that's where someone can easily go wrong with insulin. If you're one of those people, you probably shouldn't use it. If you're smart and we'll versed about your training, nutrition, and drug use, it's not that big of a deal.

Get Shredded!
Watch Youtube videos on autopsy reports from Dallas McCarver and Rich Piana. Taking insulin is completely reckless. Like why not play in traffic instead.
No....its not. Theres actually evidence that taking small amounts of exogenous insulin can give the pancreas a break and is actually beneficial to overall health and can have anti aging effects. Taking hundreds of iu's daily like Dallas was doing, however, is terrible for you

I think a lot of the reason people think you have to run them together is because of how long term GH use can lead to a loss of insulin sensitivity. So guys use insulin while using GH, and think that it should apply the other way around as well

look, this thread isnt about the politics of should you, or shouldnt you...leave this stuff out please. this is a thread on using the stuff and people experiences.

This is a very interesting topic. The medical aspect of this is real in-depth and can be hard to comprehend. IGF-1 plays an important role in all this. still trying to understand it, but for the guys not using hgh with insulin, I'm still trying to understand because you'd obviously have a low igf level.

This is a very interesting topic. The medical aspect of this is real in-depth and can be hard to comprehend. IGF-1 plays an important role in all this. still trying to understand it, but for the guys not using hgh with insulin, I'm still trying to understand because you'd obviously have a low igf level.

I don't get your question.....

Insulin without gh is simply assisting in forcing nutrients into the muscle.

Using exogenous insulin has also been shown to actually increase igf serum levels.

Lol this guy just bumped a three yr old thread in psl forum that had to be locked and now with this....

Last edited:
Lol this guy just bumped a three yr old thread in psl forum that had to be locked and now with this....

Strong attention to detail.. it was bumped before me. Sorry you disagree

Last edited by a moderator:
Back