• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Cramps + crazy pumps = potasium ?

AMA rider

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, I'm a old dude in my 50s. 6 weeks in on a test - eq - dbol run. I worked out hard the last two days, and was getting wicked pumps. Today I'm crippled with Cramps ? So I started taking potasium supplements. So far today I've taken 400 mg, 8% of recommended daily allowed . Still cramping up. Should I take more ? Should I be worried ? I've had this before, just never this bad. Thanks, Rider

Sorry for being lazy , not searching the forum. I see magnizium and taurine is where to start. No other drugs than just mentioned. Crippling Cramps will ruin your day. Like I said, never had them before I got old. Ha ha

Of all the supplementation options out there from potassium, taurine, magnesium and so on, I found that seriously consuming water like water loading helps the best.. I know it sounds silly, because we all know lack of water and hydration causes cramping.. but let's put into consideration that there is no vitamin or mineral deficiency, doing a heavy water load for 2 days has subsided some major issues I've had.. taking magnesium at night time is extremely beneficial as well and it helps your body absorb potassium and other healthy benefits with rest and Recovery..

Just recently I was experiencing an episode that was lasting almost two weeks of insane major nighttime leg cramping, to the point it would wake me from a dead sleep and I would fall on the floor...

I increased my magnesium before bed, and water loaded for a minimum of 48 hours.. literally carry around a gallon of water with you, and make a noble effort to drink the entire thing.. I consume close to a gallon everyday, just slightly under.. during my episode I noticed it was because of my lack of hydration.. avoid caffeine and other stimulants for the next several days and just focus on hydration.. stay away from teas and coffees and other flavor Beverages and just drink nothing but water.. add magnesium in the p.m. (preferably powder for better absorption)

Sorry for being lazy , not searching the forum. I see magnizium and taurine is where to start. No other drugs than just mentioned. Crippling Cramps will ruin your day. Like I said, never had them before I got old. Ha ha

it appears you replied while I was typing this out so at least you did your research..

Like I said water loading along with magnesium in the PM is a good place to start.. if it continues get some blood work and see if you have any underlying issues like a deficiency...

it appears you replied while I was typing this out so at least you did your research..

Like I said water loading along with magnesium in the PM is a good place to start.. if it continues get some blood work and see if you have any underlying issues like a deficiency...
Great advice right here. I also use taurine since I'm very prone to cramping, especially with orals and DHTs being the worst. I take 2g preworkout and another 2g post. Seems to help me a lot with the electrolyte delivery. What Vision said here is also the first line. If you're dehydrated you need the water much more than the taurine

To add, cramping, in my experience, comes from either dehydration or electrolyte deficiency. Electrolyte imbalance can also cause it. But since you're on orals, I'm guessing dehydration and/or deficiency...

Great advice right here. I also use taurine since I'm very prone to cramping, especially with orals and DHTs being the worst. I take 2g preworkout and another 2g post. Seems to help me a lot with the electrolyte delivery. What Vision said here is also the first line. If you're dehydrated you need the water much more than the taurine

Taurine pre and post is a great addition.. especially if magnesium is in the equation because it helps the absorption ratio of everything else.

like I said we all know better when it concerns water but the reality is when we start cramping that bad we need to double our water even if we are meeting are requirements we have to break it up into more increments throughout the day rather just making it a goal at the end of the day to get a gallon down... Keep the fluids in us continuously.. there's times I ain't got room but I will take a mouthful switched it around my mouth let it absorb that way and then wash it right down.

I noticed that the powdered potassium in the PM hours work the best but if I take them during the day time I end up getting the shit at the most inconvenient moment.. I cut out all of my stimulants and once in awhile I will have just a sugar-free Redbull a small 8 oz and that is it nothing more nothing less..

I'll hit you up on the application later and tell you the story my wife will be right next to me so she'll explain to me how I was doing Army crawls to the bathroom because my legs cramped up so bad. Heavy water loading is a lifesaver

Taurine pre and post is a great addition.. especially if magnesium is in the equation because it helps the absorption ratio of everything else.

like I said we all know better when it concerns water but the reality is when we start cramping that bad we need to double our water even if we are meeting are requirements we have to break it up into more increments throughout the day rather just making it a goal at the end of the day to get a gallon down... Keep the fluids in us continuously.. there's times I ain't got room but I will take a mouthful switched it around my mouth let it absorb that way and then wash it right down.

I noticed that the powdered potassium in the PM hours work the best but if I take them during the day time I end up getting the shit at the most inconvenient moment.. I cut out all of my stimulants and once in awhile I will have just a sugar-free Redbull a small 8 oz and that is it nothing more nothing less..

I'll hit you up on the application later and tell you the story my wife will be right next to me so she'll explain to me how I was doing Army crawls to the bathroom because my legs cramped up so bad. Heavy water loading is a lifesaver
Holy crap that sounds terrible! Haha yeah sit me a message whenever man, I'm always around!

Holy crap that sounds terrible! Haha yeah sit me a message whenever man, I'm always around!

I'm going to paint the one bedroom wall because we have new furniture coming so I'm changing the color theme in the room white and gray.. soon as I'm done doing that I'll hit you up my dude

I'm going to paint the one bedroom wall because we have new furniture coming so I'm changing the color theme in the room white and gray.. soon as I'm done doing that I'll hit you up my dude
No problem man. We're Christmas shopping...shoot me now please!

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks much guys. I feel you Vision. It can bring you to your kneeds for sure. Thinking more about what you said about stimulates , and yep, been using phentermine to try and dry out the dbol. Didn't even think about it . Both you guys are a resource of knowledge. Thanks !

Thanks much guys. I feel you Vision. It can bring you to your kneeds for sure. Thinking more about what you said about stimulates , and yep, been using phentermine to try and dry out the dbol. Didn't even think about it . Both you guys are a resource of knowledge. Thanks !
Oh shit lol yeah the Phentermine will do it!

I get massive hammy, foot arch and calf cramps when on eq.
My cramps always start about 7 weeks in and that's typically when eq it's peaking.

Didn't matter my water intake. Sometimes it woke me out of a sleep and a few made me about cry .

I drink about 3 gallons of water a day too. I was well hydrated . Took daily vitamins, added aarg to the mix and nothing calmed them .

I get massive hammy, foot arch and calf cramps when on eq.
My cramps always start about 7 weeks in and that's typically when eq it's peaking.

Didn't matter my water intake. Sometimes it woke me out of a sleep and a few made me about cry .

I drink about 3 gallons of water a day too. I was well hydrated . Took daily vitamins, added aarg to the mix and nothing calmed them .

3 gallons is way too much. 1.5gal is about max. Any more than that and your kidneys are excreting all of the electrolytes in your body to move the water out. It causes hyponatremia, where blood levels of sodium get too low and causes all of the same symptoms but can also be fatal. The heart muscle needs appropriate amounts of sodium, chloride, magnesium, potassium, calcium to beat properly, and excreting too much will cause serious problems.

Something to think about. Over hydration is just as bad or worse than dehydration

Funny but true. Eq must have kicked in, cause I got foot Cramps too who gets foot Cramps ! So far cramps,feet, calves, hams, obliges ( suck-dobble you over ), back, and latts. Hydrating big time now, and drop the stims. I never had Cramps till now - go figure?

3 gallons is way too much. 1.5gal is about max. Any more than that and your kidneys are excreting all of the electrolytes in your body to move the water out. It causes hyponatremia, where blood levels of sodium get too low and causes all of the same symptoms but can also be fatal. The heart muscle needs appropriate amounts of sodium, chloride, magnesium, potassium, calcium to beat properly, and excreting too much will cause serious problems.

Something to think about. Over hydration is just as bad or worse than dehydration

Problem is, I'm thirtsy . I don't force it one bit .

When I worked on the oil rig I drank 7 gallons a few times.

All my levels are balanced . I don't lack anything to be honest. . I've drank at least a gallon a day for 8 years now. My piss tells me when I'm hydrated or not . I base it off how my body feels. I don't drink no other liquids besides 1 gallon of green tea a day, 2 cups of black coffee and rest water or water in my shakes.
I can sweat out a shirt (if you remember the other post about sweating) with salt rings in the summer time.
My body sweats none stop so basing water intake of the internet doesn't work. My body is what bases it

Back