Post arm training cramps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Post arm training cramps

Any advice on post arm training cramps?? After training arms I tend to get nasty forearm cramps. Any advice from any fellow sufferers? What has worked to help ease the cramping, I.e. Post-workout stretches, post nutrition anything. This is only an issue with arm training. Any advice is appreciated in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack7269 View Post
    Any advice on post arm training cramps?? After training arms I tend to get nasty forearm cramps. Any advice from any fellow sufferers? What has worked to help ease the cramping, I.e. Post-workout stretches, post nutrition anything. This is only an issue with arm training. Any advice is appreciated in advance.
    Potassium pre and post workout. Eat 2 bananas pre-workout and then a peanut butter and banana sandwich post. You may also want to watch your arginine or L-Carnitine consumption throughout the day. you will want to drop creatine and salt out of your diet. Or just add a potassium supplement 3 times a day with plenty of water. Chances are your dehydrated and or are nutrient deprived.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Don't currently use creatine, haven't used it in at least a year. Been eating 2 rice cakes pre with natural peanut butter and organic honey or banana slices in place of the honey. Post has been 60 grams isolate with a greens/digestion powder mixed in and either a banana or an orange. Been thinking of adding potassium supplementation just for general health but the cramps aren't an everyday issue. It's only on my arm training. It's the forearm near the elbows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

You may have for arm splints kind of like shin splints. I'm not sure tho. I had almost the same exact thing. And one day it just stopped. I think the microfractures finally healed after 2 years of beating the shit out of them. Maybe some blood thinners could help. My elbow clicked for years to. Eventually I just grew out of it.

Last edited by KushCausedComa; 11-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KushCausedComa View Post
    You may have for arm splints kind of like shin splints. I'm not sure tho. I had almost the same exact thing. And one day it just stopped. I think the microfractures finally healed after 2 years of beating the shit out of them. Maybe some blood thinners could help. My elbow clicked for years to. Eventually I just grew out of it.

Or some kind of compartment syndrome, would cause the same thing.

My biceps tend to cramp post workout too, especially when bending my arm to put in my ear bud or something. Its worse on orals, b-agonist stimulants, or other compounds that get me really pumped. Dehydration obviously too. If I don't drink minimum 3/4 gallon water daily I get crampy. That's without stimulant use other than a little caffeine.

Try taking taurine 2-3g preworkout, 2g post, and 2g before bed. They're hella cheap for the NOW brand on Amazon in the 1g caps. I also bring a small bottle of them with me in my gym bag in case I forget to take them or cramp for whatever reason.

Potassium and magnesium can help too depending on what your deficient in. Or it could also be too little salt...that's another one people don't think about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Yea the bending of the arm is the worst! Trying to do anything with a raised arm is terrible. Lol. Thanks for all the advice fellas. Much appreciated.